Board software discussion

tomele
Administrator

Automatic topic subscription

Post by tomele »

Hi @all.

I just learned that the new board software works different when it comes to automatic topic subscription.

You will be used to it: As soon as you post something in a topic, you are automatically subscribed to it. If I remember correctly, there was an option (default true) somewhere in the User Control Panel to enable/disable it.

Unfortunately, the new software works different: You are only automatically subscribed to the topic, if you enable the "Notify when a reply is posted" button below the edit window:

Screenshot 2023-02-20 145847.jpg

You can make this the default behaviour in your User Control Panel - Posting Preferences. Just enable the last option "Notify me upon replies by default":

Screenshot 2023-02-20 150234.jpg

By the way, this might be a good moment to also check your User Control Panel - Notification Settings.

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate
pivotter
Trader

Re: Board software discussion

Post by pivotter »

Hi,

Is it possible to have at the bottom of the board the overview of the most active threads back ? (similar to the old version) ?

That overview gave a good impression of where the action was giving some idear that he board is alive.

Regards,

Ben
You think the rumbling comes from our "magic" black-box ?
tomele
Administrator

Re: Board software discussion

Post by tomele »

Hi,

it is behind the "Quick Links" button. Vou can make it your starting page by a link in your browser.

Cheers
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate

Return to “Board admin messages”