Alert add on to existing indicator, without source code

MPTM's new home
HannesJoubert
Trader

Alert add on to existing indicator, without source code

Post by HannesJoubert »

Hi All, I trust everyone is well?

I have a question that I would like to pose to the group, before bothering a programmer with any design requests.

I have a free version of a paid indicator, that posts signals on the chart, but does not provide for pop-up or audible alerts. As far as I can tell, the paid version does not give alerts either...

Now, since I do not have the source code for this indicator, I cannot change the code to perform any type of alert.

I would like to know if it is possible to program an "alerter" as it were, to alert me to the fact that this other indicator has printed a signal on the chart...i.e. indie "A" prints its' signal on the chart, and the proposed indie "B", picks up on this "printing" and sends an alert via pop-up & audible alert...

Possible or no?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks, take care.

H
tomele
Administrator

Re: Alert add on to existing indicator, without source code

Post by tomele »

If the signals are objects, possible. You would need an indicator that repeatedly checks all objects for existence of a new one printed by "A" and then fires an alert. Not very sophisticated.

If the signals are drawn by a buffer, it gets more complicated. You would need something that calls "A" as a custom indicator and evaluates the buffers (like UBD or USD drones do) .

Cheers
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate
Signal

Re: Alert add on to existing indicator, without source code

Post by Signal »

just checing for same. i have an indicator with pop up alert but I need push notification. i wonder if you ever found what you needed here.

Return to “Utilities Indicators and Scripts”