HGI

Includes an archive of all previous Bob stuff
johnere

Re: HGI

Post by johnere »

SteveHopwood wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:21 pm
johnere wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:15 am Hi everyone, why does the HGI draws symbols all over? May someone fix it?
The idea that something that has worked flawlessly for years needs 'fixing' is ludicrous and makes you sound like an idiot.

Use a tool in a ridiculous way guarantees ridiculous results. Read about what HGI does properly this time or you are heading for trouble at SHF.

:xm: :rocket:
Hi, sorry i didn't mean that. It doesn't means it's impossible to use it on 1 minute chart, combined with another indicator I'm able to see good results on scalping the minute chart. The HGI was modified as it have more inputs than before, I think i used it years ago on minute chart and the HGI wasn't drawing objects all over the chart...though it could be Empty4 itself
Sidorenko

Post by Sidorenko »

johnere wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:46 am
SteveHopwood wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:21 pm
johnere wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:15 am Hi everyone, why does the HGI draws symbols all over? May someone fix it?
The idea that something that has worked flawlessly for years needs 'fixing' is ludicrous and makes you sound like an idiot.

Use a tool in a ridiculous way guarantees ridiculous results. Read about what HGI does properly this time or you are heading for trouble at SHF.

Hi, sorry i didn't mean that. It doesn't means it's impossible to use it on 1 minute chart, combined with another indicator I'm able to see good results on scalping the minute chart. The HGI was modified as it have more inputs than before, I think i used it years ago on minute chart and the HGI wasn't drawing objects all over the chart...though it could be Empty4 itself
HGI is not designed for 1m timeframe, read Bob's instructions carefully and use it accordingly!
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

Sidorenko wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:09 pm

Long time to comeback but very happy to see Steve as always, :D i miss this forum and mr Pitbull so much!

Nice to see you Steve!

:clap:
January through to March is Musicals time at school 1 - Shrek jnr this time.

There is a myth that kids learn quickly and easily. No they don't. They learn through constant repetition of the same material, so rehearsing for a production such as Shrek takes endless hours of staff time. We live, breathe and eat the musical for three months.

It is always worthwhile doing so. The amount of joy experienced by the kids taking part, parents, relatives and friends in the audience is something to behold. No doubt many of you here have experienced this in one respect or another.

I have come up for air now.

Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
jptwardy
Trader

Post by jptwardy »

I have searched to HGI forum as well as the utilities/scripts forum, actually the entire forum - I am looking for your buy/sell scripts referenced in the HGI guide. "I have been loading up on multi-level trades. My buy/sell scripts are set at TP 30 and I set them 20 pips apart" . Are these available? Thanks
jptwardy
Trader

Post by jptwardy »

jptwardy wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:52 pm I have searched to HGI forum as well as the utilities/scripts forum, actually the entire forum - I am looking for your buy/sell scripts referenced in the HGI guide. "I have been loading up on multi-level trades. My buy/sell scripts are set at TP 30 and I set them 20 pips apart" . Are these available? Thanks
I think i found them.... good for now!
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

Astonishing to think that HGI is early 10 years old.

I am trying something new with it. viewtopic.php?p=175791#p175791

Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
cinniri

Post by cinniri »

IN 286 FORUM PAGES, THERE IS SOMEONE WHO MANAGES TO BE CONSTANTLY PROFITABLE WITH THIS HGI INDICATOR OR IS IT JUST A WASTE OF TIME? :cheer:
youcrazykids
Trader

Post by youcrazykids »

cinniri wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:59 am IN 286 FORUM PAGES, THERE IS SOMEONE WHO MANAGES TO BE CONSTANTLY PROFITABLE WITH THIS HGI INDICATOR OR IS IT JUST A WASTE OF TIME? :cheer:
Just before your post gets removed, I'll take the opportunity to tell you on behalf of the community here: you're a nob.
cozybooks
Trader

Post by cozybooks »

When you say "CONSTANTLY PROFITABLE" it reminds me of Warren Buffett saying if you can always make more than 15% a year on your money to make it worth running up credit card debt and paying the interest, to come on down to Berkshire Hathaway and they'll be happy to hire you.

Now consistently profitable over a long period of time, HGI is capable of that, as long as you're willing to take your lumps along the way.

I work two jobs right now so don't have a lot of time to trade, so I have been trading Daily and H4 HGI signals, using GannHILo indi set to 18 weeks as a filter. This is close to Bob's Daily 240 line, but I like the GannHiLo because once it moves the dots to another direction, it leaves you space to move so that you're not moving back and forth over the 240 line a lot when price is ranging. The idea is to keep adding trades on every HGI signal, then close them all if the total trades for that pair are in profit (well, lol, if I'm paying attention that day or week). I often use a Heiken Ashi candle changing color in the opposite direction as a good time to close if I am in profit. If the GannHILo dots change color on me, I take my lumps and close all of my trades. With this system, you'll have a lot of small and medium losses and then some monstrous winning trades to make up for them, as long as you are patient.

Well, that's supposed to be the system. :? I followed my rules with GBPJPY and have done quite well. I ignored the GannHILo filter on EURAUD and NZDCHF so that I could have positive interest trades, but ended up closing some losing trades when I had a lot of GBPJPY profits to book. Imagine if I had actually followed my own rules, lol. :arrrg: Oh well, where's the fun in that? :D

There are a few other stray trades in my totals, but mostly this account was used to trade those three pairs, with the idea that I was trading six different currencies only once each. My demo reset in April, so all of these trades are since them. The demo Empty4 has Ditto running, connecting to a live Oanda account (yes, stuck here in the USA)

Cheers! :clap:
GBPJPYDaily.png
EURAUDDaily.png
NZDCHFDaily.png
clsoedtrades.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pathenry
Trader

Post by pathenry »

Would you mind sharing the GannHILo indi ?
Cheers
You won't really understand GRACE until you fully realise you've been GRACED.

Return to “Nanningbob's Holy Grail Indicator forum”