Test/Comment on this EA

Your basic questions about running EA's
waltini1

Test/Comment on this EA

Post by waltini1 »

Hi,

I have written an ea. It is a hedged martingale EA and I appreciate this rings alarms bells but I thought I would put it up for people to have a play with and see if it is of any value. I have taught myself to code so forgive the clumsy coding.

This ea has no indicators. It places either a long or short trade as selected in the inputs. For this example we will place a long trade. It will place a pending sell trade of the same lots at the "Gap" distance.

Lets assume the market moves against you and sell trade is triggered. Once the market moves further in either direction(in this case down) the sell trade will start trailing its stop. When the market changes direction that sell trade will stop out and a further buy trade with the original lot size will open at market. And a further pending sell trade equal to the total buy lots will be placed at the "Gap" distance.

And so on.

It does have one other feature or input "UseSafetyNet". If this is true and you are in a martingale sequence it will close all trades as soon as the equity reaches the initial balance.

Remember to put in a magic number or it won't work.

Under no circumstances would I trade live with this EA. Firstly it was written by an amateur. Secondly a martingale EA should only be used by people with lots of experience.
But they are a lot of fun to play with and this is a pretty mild one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KevinT
Trader

Re: Test/Comment on this EA

Post by KevinT »

Have you DEMOed it? ;)
waltini1

Re: Test/Comment on this EA

Post by waltini1 »

I have done a lot of backtesting. I have seen up to 12% drawdown. I am hoping that at least 50% of the time I will have a winner without any hedging and if I can get out of a hedged trade at break even I will be doing well.

Return to “Automated trading (Rookies)”