At the beginning of the week, the pair was moving up to the 240 and RSI(2) moved very high. By the second half of Monday it was flat at about 99.
You can see that after the three white bars, there is a red bar that breaks down below the 240. The AO is still green, but I think it's clear that based on the discussion yesterday, that many people would see that as an appropriate signal to go short.
From my perspective, there is still a note of caution because the RSI(2) is still at 99.
And so, I would get in on the next bar. If I was watching the chart, I could imagine I would have gotten in during the bar (which I did) as I saw the RSI(2) moving down. But even if I waited to the end of the bar and gotten in, I would have still netted 100 pips.
In my case it was 140.
Does that make sense?
cmeade2
cjthomson wrote:cmeade - when you say 'wait for some movement in the RSI', what exactly are you talking about and how are you using it? Are the trades you're making very short term.cmeade2 wrote: Which way are you thinking. I have already made a bunch of money on the way down, but that was against the rules. And I got out because it seemed kind of tired. Again, if you want to go long, I think you need to wait for some movement in the RSI(2).