Has anyone ever?......

Place your new trading idea here to see if someone can automate it.
HannesJoubert
Trader

Has anyone ever?......

Post by HannesJoubert »

Hi All, trust that everything is going swimmingly with everyone?

I would like to find out if anyone here has tried to make an EA based on Baluda's CSS as used by NB's system?

I would like to build an EA based solely on Baluda's indicator...

I know Steve has a shell that has most everything that I am looking for, but how do we get the signals from Baluda's CSS into the shell to make trades (if someone has not already done this...)

Cheers guys

H
:hi:
HannesJoubert
Trader

Has anyone ever?......

Post by HannesJoubert »

If anyone is willing to discuss, I will flesh out what I have planned for the EA (i.e. how I see it working), if anyone is willing to code for a fee, we can discuss that as well.

Thing is, I have ZERO coding skills and as alluded to in previous posts, I am not sharpest tool in the shed either so I won't even try my hand at coding, hence my request to you all for help... :smile:

H

SpiderX
Trader

Has anyone ever?......

Post by SpiderX »

Has anyone ever?....

Yes.

Please see:
http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... f=44&t=603

Cheers
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."
-Corinthians 13:4-8
milanese
TechAdmin

Has anyone ever?......

Post by milanese »

HannesJoubert » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:02 am wrote:If anyone is willing to discuss, I will flesh out what I have planned for the EA (i.e. how I see it working), if anyone is willing to code for a fee, we can discuss that as well.

Thing is, I have ZERO coding skills and as alluded to in previous posts, I am not sharpest tool in the shed either so I won't even try my hand at coding, hence my request to you all for help... :smile:

H

You should define the CSS rules you want the EA uses to trade and than I can take a look if this can be coded as an EA as some of my EA have the CSS already embedded..

Cheers :)

Tommaso
Global Prime is the official SHF broker :yahoo:
Searching for Servers and Workstations with individual configuration?
Just PM
:smile: Click here to go to the BoardKnowledgeBase
NOTE: Cookies and JavaScript are required for the using the board, with full functionality
HannesJoubert
Trader

Has anyone ever?......

Post by HannesJoubert »

Thanks for the reply Spider...I am still reading through that thread...but from the initial posts it would seem that I am looking in a bit of a different direction, perhaps simpler even I don't know...

For what it is worth, I was hoping to use the EA to swing trade by the following rules:

1) CSS V 1.0.8 as used by NB 10.6 is the indicator from which the EA receives trading instructions
2) CSS gives a signal that for example, EURUSD has made a strong cross (as defined by CSS colour), and EUR is strengthening and USD is weakening (ito the cross).
3) EA will open a Long ifo EURUSD, with SL as a user setting, along with TP.
4) EA will move SL to BE at user set BE pointsaway
5) This trade remains open until TP or BE is hit.
6) In the meantime, the EA waits for for another signal, if EURUSD crosses again, to the downside, EA opens another trade in the direction of the cross, regardless of whether there is another position open. This would imply that my broker allows hedging...
7) Hoping to attach the EA to any number of charts for the EA to open trades as the signals are given

To my mind that is the gist of what I want to do. User settable parameters such as lot size, time to trade, day to trade, SL, TP, BE point, trailing stop, time frame etc etc (IIRC this is all available in Steve's shell?), the EA takes those basics and applies them to the crosses / signals as they are given by the CSS v1.0.8 (only strong and normal crosses, not weak crosses).

My apologies if I seem insolent, that is why I thought it would be "easy" to code this EA, as the basics are already in Steve's Shell, and the indicator to supply the signals is already there...

Anyway, I will continue reading the other thread that you so kindly posted the link to, but, I have this sneaky feeling that my request for a new EA based on the above will stand.

So anyone willing to help? In order to prevent losses to other people, I would like to keep the EA out of the public domain for the time being, and I am also willing to make a negotiated payment / donation for that.

Thanks all.

H
Last edited by HannesJoubert on Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
HannesJoubert
Trader

Has anyone ever?......

Post by HannesJoubert »

Sorry Tommasso, I was writing my reply whilst you replied :smile:

But I do believe that I answered your question somewhat?

Thanks

H
milanese
TechAdmin

Has anyone ever?......

Post by milanese »

HannesJoubert » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:29 am wrote:Sorry Tommasso, I was writing my reply whilst you replied :smile:

But I do believe that I answered your question somewhat?

Thanks

H
Please pm me..

Cheers :)

Tommaso
Global Prime is the official SHF broker :yahoo:
Searching for Servers and Workstations with individual configuration?
Just PM
:smile: Click here to go to the BoardKnowledgeBase
NOTE: Cookies and JavaScript are required for the using the board, with full functionality
HannesJoubert
Trader

Has anyone ever?......

Post by HannesJoubert »

@ Tommaso, done my friend...

H
HannesJoubert
Trader

Has anyone ever?......

Post by HannesJoubert »

Hi All, trust everyone is well??

Very many thanks to Tommaso who provided a usable version of more or less what I was looking for...such a nice guy, who does not really sleep much btw :smile:

I would like to find out how to back test the EA, can someone please explain that to me? From what I had read / heard you can test how the EA would have performed according to historical data.

I also know that most everyone is loathe to put any stock in those results, and whilst I am busy forward testing the EA, I am curious as to what the back test results would be...

Anybody willing to lay that method out for me please?

Thanks

H

SpiderX
Trader

Has anyone ever?......

Post by SpiderX »

Hi

It is unlikely you can backtest an EA with CSS since it uses data from multiple pairs.
To the best of my knowledge, backtesting is possible only when you need data from 1 pair.

Cheers
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."
-Corinthians 13:4-8

Return to “Ideas for Possible Automation”