Has anyone ever?......

Place your new trading idea here to see if someone can automate it.
HannesJoubert
Trader

Has anyone ever?......

Post by HannesJoubert »

SpiderX » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:14 am wrote:Hi

It is unlikely you can backtest an EA with CSS since it uses data from multiple pairs.
To the best of my knowledge, backtesting is possible only when you need data from 1 pair.

Cheers
OIC, thanks Spidey, forward testing only it is then :yahoo:

Cheers

H :hi:
HannesJoubert
Trader

Has anyone ever?......

Post by HannesJoubert »

Hi there, excuse the noob questions...

Concerning the BE and Jumping stop functions in the EA's, can these two be used together? How exactly does the jumping stop work?

eg I set the jumping stop to 50 pips for example...price moves in my favour by 50 pips and it seems that instead of moving the SL to 0 and waiting for the next 50 pips to jump, it moves it directly to +50, which means that price will inevitably retrace and hit my SL...

Am I understanding / using the jump stop incorrectly? I am probably misunderstanding the whole shebang...

Thanks

H
milanese
TechAdmin

Has anyone ever?......

Post by milanese »

HannesJoubert » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:07 pm wrote:Hi there, excuse the noob questions...

Concerning the BE and Jumping stop functions in the EA's, can these two be used together? How exactly does the jumping stop work?

eg I set the jumping stop to 50 pips for example...price moves in my favour by 50 pips and it seems that instead of moving the SL to 0 and waiting for the next 50 pips to jump, it moves it directly to +50, which means that price will inevitably retrace and hit my SL...

Am I understanding / using the jump stop incorrectly? I am probably misunderstanding the whole shebang...

Thanks

H
This are the settings used JumpStep=10; means every jump step moves the SL 10 pips
SLMinDistanceToPrice=30; means min distance from the new SL to the actual price must be bigger than 30 pips...

Cheers :)

Tommaso
Global Prime is the official SHF broker :yahoo:
Searching for Servers and Workstations with individual configuration?
Just PM
:smile: Click here to go to the BoardKnowledgeBase
NOTE: Cookies and JavaScript are required for the using the board, with full functionality

Return to “Ideas for Possible Automation”