Resonably simple system Idea, BBands and Renko inside.

Place your new trading idea here to see if someone can automate it.
stubish
Trader

Post by stubish »

Hi all,
Yes, I know most are of the opinion that Renko is a fools errand. But I'm happy to play the fool for now, and hopefully have some other (better programmers) fools join me for a little test.

I've been visually backtesting the following rules

If a bars high or Low is one side of the outer bands, and close is the other side, take a trade in the direction of the bar.
Stop Loss is the length of the bar.
Close 1/2 and set SL to breakeven when one bar has closed in the right direction.
Close the rest of the position on the next bar in the opisite direction.

I've found (visually at least) that this wins a bit and looses a bit, but does maintain a 1:1 RR and lets the winners run on occasion. In the screencap below I've got a 20 pip bar and BBands(21) deviation at 1.2

Yellow lines are positive results and red lines are losses.

I tried coding a simple EA with EA Generator but didn't have much luck, it's outside of my expertise.

Any thoughts and help would be apprecieated, as well as thoughts and help with running an EA on renko charts. currently I'm using one called MTH, it seems pretty good and under active development, do a google search for MTH renko plugin and you should get another forum link with plenty of info.

Cheers!
Stuart
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by stubish on Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpiderX
Trader

Post by SpiderX »

Just for fun. :smile:
...but i am sure if you are able to prove that this can generate pips, someone will take interest.

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."
-Corinthians 13:4-8
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

Kudos, SpiderX. Pure class.

Stuart, don't feel attacked here, but I have yet to read a satisfactory explanation for the failure of Renko blocks in Forex trading: fact is, they fail every time.

Having said that: maybe I missed the satisfactory explanation, or read it and have forgotten it; maybe they do not fail every time, and I have forgotten or missed the system that successfully used them.

So, let's rephrase my first statement. Here goes. Stuart, I do not recall reading a satisfactory explanation for the failure of Renko blocks in Forex trading: fact is, they fail every time in my experience, unless there is a success I have forgotten about.

I echo Spi. Prove that your idea can generate pips and someone will take interest. Me, for example.

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
stubish
Trader

Post by stubish »

SpiderX, thanks for the encouragement ;) and I'm well aware of this sentiment!

Steve, I've hit the same thing myself. I mean I don't have the skill to code an EA for it. the EA i'm running back at home right now is not acting like it should, but i don't know if that's because of the renko chart it's running on or the fact that EA generator doesn't work for me.

I share your sentiment, in the fact that I don't know why it doesn't work. is it a limitation of Empty4 I wonder. I mean if you plugged a tick feed into matlab you could for sure get it to ignore 'time' and use just the price I"m sure.

I'll provide some more visual backtests and see if somebody is willing to help.... if not, no prolem. I'm not staking my future on it :)
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

stubish » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:29 pm wrote:SpiderX, thanks for the encouragement ;) and I'm well aware of this sentiment!

Steve, I've hit the same thing myself. I mean I don't have the skill to code an EA for it. the EA i'm running back at home right now is not acting like it should, but i don't know if that's because of the renko chart it's running on or the fact that EA generator doesn't work for me.

I share your sentiment, in the fact that I don't know why it doesn't work. is it a limitation of Empty4 I wonder. I mean if you plugged a tick feed into matlab you could for sure get it to ignore 'time' and use just the price I"m sure.

I'll provide some more visual backtests and see if somebody is willing to help.... if not, no prolem. I'm not staking my future on it :)
FYI, EA's work with the candles on the chart they are loaded on to. They do not care how the candle is generated.

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
stubish
Trader

Post by stubish »

Keep the fire burning.

this one is 12 losses and 17 wins. But don't forget we let the winner run a bit so we should end up with positive pips.

I'd still love somebody to knock up an EA for this, PM me if you wish and I'll clarify the logic for you.
Last edited by stubish on Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stubish
Trader

Post by stubish »

USD/JPY this time. Made sure to set the renko to 100 as a starting point, not 1.

14 Losses, and 15 Wins, 1:1 ratio and some of the winners run a bit more than that. Do I have an edge yet.

Cheers
Stuart
Last edited by stubish on Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fxozgirl
Trader

Post by fxozgirl »

stubish » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:58 am wrote:Keep the fire burning.

this one is 12 losses and 17 wins. But don't forget we let the winner run a bit so we should end up with positive pips.

I'd still love somebody to knock up an EA for this, PM me if you wish and I'll clarify the logic for you.
Stubish, with all due respect, this is a public forum, where systems/code are shared freely to all members, not to be used to solicit private assistance...of course unless you are willing to pay for a coder's services.

Why don't you share your system/logic publicly in this thread in the spirit the forum was created for and you may attract one of the brilliant coders here.

Cheers
stubish
Trader

Post by stubish »

Hi,
I'm more than happy to release any code (unless the coder does not want too for some reason). I did outline the rules in post one. I'll try and outline them a bit more here:

On each new bar:
- IF LOW(1) < BBand (high or low) AND CLOSE(1) > BBand (high or low) AND It's an UP bar AND no buy order exists then Place a buy order.
- SL at OPEN(1)
- Close 1/2 a position at the close of the next bar (if the next bar is a down bar the SL will be hit so we should be one 'bar' in profit otherwise) and set SL to Break Even
- Close the rest of the Position at the close of the next down bar.

- IF HIGH(1) > BBand (high or low) AND CLOSE(1) < BBand (high or low) AND It's an DOWN bar AND no sell order exists then Place a sell order.
- SL at OPEN(1)
- Close 1/2 a position at the close of the next bar (if the next bar is a up bar the SL will be hit so we should be one 'bar' in profit otherwise) and set SL to Break Even
- Close the rest of the Position at the close of the next UP bar.

Does that make sense?
stubish
Trader

Post by stubish »

Another image for you to consider

Arrows above candle donates an entry and direction. Ticks and Crosses below donate a positive or negative result.

Thank you!
Stuart
Last edited by stubish on Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Ideas for Possible Automation”