stevehopwoodforex.com
https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/
Print view

Traderdesk journal
https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=1844
Page 13 of 13
Author:  TraderDesk [ Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Traderdesk journal

TraderDesk » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:46 pm wrote:Took a short on GBPCAD at the 1.8396 level. I did not see the earlier spike to 1.8455 otherwise I would of enter at this level but I have a Sell-limit order now in place if we have another spike up.

Take profit for now is around the 1.8338 area which is above the ADR low for the pair.

H4 TMA slope is trending down so I favor sells for this pair. If price breaks the HA 4 hour level for at least two bars then I could move TP down to the 1.83 level as well...

As always comments are welcome...

Position close on TP... Will look to re-enter at mid-level around 1.8390 and 1.8450 with a TP around 1.83 level... Let's see if we can get to the sell-limit orders by tomorrow...
Author:  TraderDesk [ Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Traderdesk journal

TraderDesk » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:30 pm wrote:
Open short in EURJPY at around 142.52 level with a TP at around 141.80 level. The TP can changed but for now I have it set to the above level. If price should go higher I have set a Sell-limit order at the 143.18 level with a TP for 142.2 level for now...See 4 hour chart below...

Daily CSS has EUR at bottom with JPY crossing down the -0.2 line but 4 hour CSS is beginning to show JPY recovering though EUR is still going up.

H4 slope is mildly positive at 0.14 in the trend range though D1 and W1 are bullish at.0.26 and 0.35 respectively. Price is above the H4 TMA as well as the H1 TMA. Price is at the upper descending daily channel line.

Based on the above I am looking for a counter-trend on the hourly TMA and have set up a sell with TP levels based on the hourly chart. Since the H4 TMA is ranging it is likely to hit the lower H1 TMA level before a resumption higher.

There is a possibilty price will look for the lower line of H4 TMA as well but I will have to wait to see what happens in the next day or so...

Any comments is always appreciated... :)
EURJPY short is still in play. Price has broken the upper channel line and could work it's way up to the Daily TMA line where I will have one more Sell-limit order waiting in the wings. If the preceding order is taken then I will look to add a TP at around the 140.80 level....
Author:  TraderDesk [ Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:27 am ]
Post subject:  Traderdesk journal

New day and EURJPY is trending upwards where price touched my Sell-limit order at 143.20 level. I have drawn a new descending upper channel line off of the this 4 hour bar price top which is just above the Daily TMA line.

Taking a look at the 4 hour CSS I do see EUR at the top and JPY at the bottom but for the moment it looks like EUR has leveled off and could start reversing down. JPY also has leveled off and is steady for the moment also looking to angle up.

For now monitor price action with a look at taking first TP at 142.55 level with a second TP at 142.0 level....
Author:  TraderDesk [ Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:37 am ]
Post subject:  Traderdesk journal

EURGBP position opened at 0.8297 level with a TP at 0.8268. 2nd position Sell-limit in place at 0.8323 in case price moves close to the top of the H4-TMA with an open TP but looking for 0.8268 level as well.

H4-TMA is sloped very bearish at -0.50 level and price is at the top of the H1-TMA band.
Author:  TraderDesk [ Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Traderdesk journal

I closed out the second EURJPY position at the daily pivot line for profit but left the first position open waiting for 142 level as a TP point... If price goes back up to 143.30 level I will have a Sell-limit waiting once again...

Also closed out my EURGBP position for profit at 0.8268 and will re-enter with a Sell-limit if price goes to 0.8300 level....
Author:  TraderDesk [ Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:57 am ]
Post subject:  Traderdesk journal

TraderDesk » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:52 pm wrote:I closed out the second EURJPY position at the daily pivot line for profit but left the first position open waiting for 142 level as a TP point... If price goes back up to 143.30 level I will have a Sell-limit waiting once again...

Also closed out my EURGBP position for profit at 0.8268 and will re-enter with a Sell-limit if price goes to 0.8300 level....
I decided to open a sell position at 0.8288 with a Sell-limit at 0.8308 level in case price spike up. H4-TMA is -0.46 level.

Price is bias towards 0.8250 and finally 0.8220 levels so for now I will look to sell any rallies that touches or gets close to the upper H4-TMA line...
All times are UTC Page 13 of 13