What is your best technical indicator? Open Poll :)

Scchplendid
Trader

Post by Scchplendid »

Thank you Lotv.

I am testing with RSI (14, Close) with a 60 EMA applied to it (to help lessen whipsaw action) and a Keltner Channel as per Adam Grimes Blog to identify S & D levels.
lotv
Trader

Post by lotv »

Hi Scchepledid, the system I had before this one was similar to what you are doing now, I think.
I had : 5 ema
10 ema
and RSI 12 with a 50 level.

When the 5 ema crossed the 10 ema and the RSI crossed the 50 level I would take the trade.......the RSI was purely a filter.

Oh and I almost forgot the 60 MA for the trend. and always on a 4HR chart.
When I discovered the TDI ,I found a use for it straight away....a very good indicator

Happy days lotv.
Scchplendid
Trader

Post by Scchplendid »

Hello Lotv,
Thank you for sharing the useful insight.
I tried TDI with the same setting as RSI but didn't get on with it (probably me though), and find using a 60 EMA smoothed over the 14 RSI keeps me out of trouble.

Interesting that you mention TCCI. Would you recommend the default 65 setting for it or 60 e.g. using it in place of the 60 EMA for trend?
Happy Trading
Scchplendid
lotv
Trader

Post by lotv »

Hi scchplendid, the TCCI along with the Heiken ashi give me less stress when deciding if I should quit a trade or let it roll...if the TDI begins to form a hook, I take a look at the 1 day,and that sometimes gives me the courage to stay with the trade.......I find the TDI easier to follow than the RSi though.

I reached my 300 pips on tuesday this week ...and found yesterday really slow ...only managed 52 pips ,but at the moment I am at 118 pips.................I dont normally trade after the 300 mark but my wife is away with family ,and I am bored to tears :lol:
cyberevil
Trader

Re: What is your best technical indicator? Open Poll :)

Post by cyberevil »

milanese » October 30th, 2013, 3:46 am wrote:
4rx wrote:
Jemook wrote:RSI2 + TMA hands down. You can thank Cmeade for that.
Could you lead me to this system?

Hello and welcome,

here you go...

Cheers :)

Tommaso
Sorry to bring this up from the grave but I got really curious bout this indicator. I'm wondering if there is a version available for the new compiler of Empty4 v4 build 950 out there? :|
manfloy
Trader

Post by manfloy »

yeah if is possible to renew TMA RSI and CSS for 950 build it will be very good :hi: much apreciatted !
manfloy
Trader

Post by manfloy »

also found this indi . that is looking perfect for me but i dont know how to programming it. there we go . i think is COT indi+ CCI or MACD , or is buyer&sellers + cci i dont know actually but is looking good. also have some horizontal meter that provide the signal. if someone wanna do a research please post your ideas what is this and how we can construct it from zero. they charging about 100$, :hi:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dapperdan

Post by dapperdan »

Brooky Trend Strength is my fav.
jlcgarcia

Post by jlcgarcia »

Hi,

in my humble opinion the best indicators are the CCI and the Stochastics.

Please, demo this EA for a while and tell me if I am wrong.

It is a multipair EA, put it in one 4H chart.

Regards

José Luis
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pascalx
Trader

Post by pascalx »

jlcgarcia » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:14 pm wrote: in my humble opinion the best indicators are the CCI and the Stochastics.
Hi bro. What do you think are their strength and why?

Return to “Manual trading systems”