Script to (ATTEMPT) Force Download of historical data

garyfritz

Re: Script to (ATTEMPT) Force Download of historical data

Post by garyfritz »

Steve, do you know you can watch the script's progress on the Experts tab?
SatchFan
Trader

Post by SatchFan »

Here is a script I have been using for quite some time. http://codebase.mql4.com/6693 I had a problem with it when Empty4 went to build 401. But ever since then it has worked fine. Maybe it will help some one.... ? It does take a while to get all the data but it works...

SatchFan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Screenshots provided by PickPick. A Must Read --> Phantom of the Pits
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

garyfritz wrote:Steve, do you know you can watch the script's progress on the Experts tab?
Yup. I just like chart feedback - you may have noticed this.

:D
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
MichaelM
Trader

Post by MichaelM »

I found that the following EA works very well.

Just input one of: M1, M5, M15,H1,H4,D1,W1,MN into the period input and away you go.

Don't bother about the FastMethod and Pause (they go together), but all it does is allocates the amount of time to spend in seconds to download data for each Symbol.

If the EA gets interrupted for some reason and you find that it gets 'stuck', remove it and before you start it up again, just delete the GV's (press F3) associated to the EA.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
garyfritz

Post by garyfritz »

Michael, does that one get ALL the history from the crim? The LoadHistory script that SatchFan posted works very well, and it gets ALL TFs with one run which is nice, but it gives up too easily. It stops before it gets all of the history.
MichaelM
Trader

Post by MichaelM »

Yes it does. Only that it does all symbols per Period only, not all Periods and all Symbols.

In saying that, it won't be too hard to add an extern variable and extra loop coding for each period to have the option of downloading ALL History from ALL Periods of ALL Symbols ;)
akara
Trader

Post by akara »

MichaelM wrote:I found that the following EA works very well.

Just input one of: M1, M5, M15,H1,H4,D1,W1,MN into the period input and away you go.

Don't bother about the FastMethod and Pause (they go together), but all it does is allocates the amount of time to spend in seconds to download data for each Symbol.

If the EA gets interrupted for some reason and you find that it gets 'stuck', remove it and before you start it up again, just delete the GV's (press F3) associated to the EA.

Worked wonders for me..
ewp

Post by ewp »

MichaelM wrote:I found that the following EA works very well.

thanks for share,
:D
tonycashflow

Post by tonycashflow »

Any reason why I cant get more than around 540 000 bars on M1 whatever the amount of data I have in my hst file?

I have the max bars option to the max so I dont see why it would be limited
NeoTrader
Trader

Post by NeoTrader »

hi tonycashflow,
tonycashflow wrote:Any reason why I cant get more than around 540 000 bars on M1 whatever the amount of data I have in my hst file?
Maybe your criminal does not have more history data available...
tonycashflow wrote:I have the max bars option to the max so I dont see why it would be limited
Have you set both maxbars (history and chart) to the max?

happy trading,

NeoTrader

-

Return to “Coders Hangout”