ForexNation.Org gives brokerage profits to charity

Find eaymon's fabulous VPS.
Includes a members to members business forum for activities not related to Forex trading.
dan68
Trader

Re: ForexNation.Org gives brokerage profits to charity

Post by dan68 »

sanook wrote:Can we fund account with CC ? Also what is the minimum for PRO account ?
Opening balance for a Pro Account is $1,000 and yes you can fund with a credit card. Full deposit & withdrawal details are here http://forexnation.org/your-account/
dan68
Trader

Post by dan68 »

I won't be around to answer questions for a few days but will try to check in on the weekend. Trade happy.
dan68
Trader

Hands up who likes to trade fx Volume

Post by dan68 »

Hi traders. Welcome to a brand new week *phew*. I'm interested to know whether you guys use volume indicators. A friend emailed me a volume gadget this week and was very excited about it. I trade with another person who swears by volume - he uses a VSA (volume spread analysis) strategy.

As a trading nerd I love new indicators. I don't trade with them (my own charts are very simple), I just find them fascinating and enjoy the excellence that clever traders and coders bring to the markets.

Because there's no centralised exchange for forex**, a volume indicator will only show that volume coming from your own broker (and the quality of their depth/liquidity depends on the number and quality of their bank partners). Sometimes your broker's volume will be "indicative" and sometimes it won't even be close to what's happening worldwide.

But like all forex strategies, it's about probabilities. So I'm interested to hear views about volume strategies or indicators and whether they work for you guys.

**Only currency futures show true volume as they're traded on a central exchange.
TravisB

Post by TravisB »

Have you guys come up with a target date of when you will be allowing US residents to trade? Also, would it be possible to add the Bund to your list of trade-able products?
dan68
Trader

Post by dan68 »

Hi TravisB. As Forex Nation's servers are configured especially for professional forex traders we don't provide for trading of government bonds.

Regarding US residents being able to trade with Forex Nation, we don't have a timeline at this stage. In working through the CFTC compliance we are considering a strategy whereby we forge an alliance with AxiCorp's US partner and they make official donations to the Forex Nation charitable trust for new clients referred by Forex Nation.

Actually, can I put this idea to the forum for feedback please? If you were a US resident wanting to trade with Forex Nation because you see value in our tight spreads/commission and support our goals - but CFTC rules made our US expansion untenable - would you consider opening an account with a referral partner on the basis that they made an initial donation to Forex Nation? I have created a brief 3x multiple-choice questionnaire on survey monkey here http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SYXZ8R6 and appreciate all feedback.

I understand it doesn't have the same flavour as trading a Forex Nation account but it would be a way for a US-based partner to support both your trading and Forex Nation's work in a small but meaningful way.

What do you guys think? http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SYXZ8R6
TravisB

Post by TravisB »

I'll be blunt. I do like the idea of running this for charity. However, my reason for considering you is the fact of the tight spreads and commissions. That and being able to have leverage over 50 (which I am now guessing that would be completely out of the picture.) If any of those options are not available anymore, I'd just stick with Oanda.

God, Dodd/Frank........what a waste of paper, especially for the small retail trader!!! Bastards hamstring the little guy (and I am not just referring to leverage,) and let the big guys continue playing their games .
dan68
Trader

Post by dan68 »

TravisB wrote:I'll be blunt... being able to have leverage over 50 (which I am now guessing that would be completely out of the picture.) ... God, Dodd/Frank........what a waste of paper, especially for the small retail trader!!! Bastards hamstring the little guy (and I am not just referring to leverage,) and let the big guys continue playing their games .
Yes I completely understand your sentiment. It's why we're thinking twice about our US position. Thanks for your enquiry.
dan68
Trader

Post by dan68 »

Hi guys. I'm taking advantage of the lighter august liquidity to take a break for a couple of weeks, lucky lucky me. I'm heading to thailand for my annual meditation retreat. I absolutely recommend meditation as a tool for traders! In fact we'll be releasing a free series of trade-ready meditations, being developed in conjunction with an expert organisation, before the end of the year for anyone interested in methods to better manage their trade psychology and emotions.

I'll be back 4 september. If anyone has questions about forex nation account specifics or needs assistance in the meantime please contact our service manager Tyson Calvo or any of our
24hr support team at:
cheers, Dan

Return to “Commercial wares”