Gann Ribbon 10.7 System

Includes an archive of all previous Bob stuff
slowkey
Trader

Just an update on my Health and plans

Post by slowkey »

Some may recall that I explained that I have cancer and that I had not felt well this last year 2015. I talked to my Doctor back in January and she felt even though there was some changes in my labs I probably should not have a bone Marrow biopsy at that time. They are not pleasant and I have had 3 in the past. So I will see her again towards the end of this month for a reevaluation. My Hope is that even though I have an incurable rare cancer that I will be able to keep this a chronic disease. So that is where that stands.

So besides having cancer I also am a diabetic and obese. I have over the last 10 weeks lost about 18 pounds. I have never have had the success that I am having now with a diet. I saw a story on the NBC evening news about how a lady had taken off over a 100 pounds. What she was doing was fasting by eating about 500 calories every other day. On the days she did not fast she just ate normal. So I gave it a try and it is by far the best experience I have had loosing weight. Because I am a diabetic I have just tried to stay around 1000 calories on the fast day. This has worked well. There seems to be some good research that this can be a healthy way to loose weight per the physicians talked to about the plan in the NBC news report. Every time I went to see a physicians they wanted me to have gastric bypass surgery. I think this is much safer with all the health problems that I have. I was an ICU RN for over 21 years. I feel a lot better getting some weight off and I do not mind this routine. The days you do eat you do not think about dieting and enjoy a nice meal. The days you fast are fairly easy and you no if you get hungry for something you can plan for it on the next day. So this is how I plan to proceed. My diabetic manager does not care what diet I am on as long as I am on one. My Blood sugars are amazing on this diet. So I feel better. I need to loose about 130 pounds total. I think this is going to work.

I live at my home place now that my Parents have past on. I live in Cumberland MD which is a small city in the Appalachian Mountains of Western Maryland. I live 2 hours from Pittsburgh PA and Washington DC. I have a ton of painting to do and remodeling. It has taken me about a year since my mother died last April to get moving on the house. I do plan to start a thread this year at some point in the manual section on trading spread and binary options on the North American Derivative Exchange (Nadex). Trading options is about strategy. There are many strategies that can be utilized. Because you can trade 10 major Forex pairs on Nadex it gives anyone who has traded Forex a starting point. There are hedge strategies that can be employed. You can straddle News. Trade both long and short at the same time.

I will continue to handicap horses and those who know me have heard me talk about this. I will continue to enter Handicapping tournaments. Every day is precious to me and I intend to live my life to the fullest. So I hope to again become involved here more God willing.

Cheers :)
Doug
The Gann Ribbons ... A new tool for looking at Time Periods, Price and Dynamic S/R in any system.

Now using HGI on 60 minutes and up & 10.7 with Hurst Targets intraday.
Bob's HGI Fourm
http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =38&t=3524

"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it."

Albert Einstein
padnoter
Trader

Gann Ribbon 10.7 System

Post by padnoter »

Hi Doug,
Well I for one wish you all the best with the diet & treatment, and look forward to the new thread.
Cheers
Josh
Trader

Post by Josh »

slowkey » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:56 pm wrote:Some may recall that I explained that I have cancer and that I had not felt well this last year 2015. I talked to my Doctor back in January and she felt even though there was some changes in my labs I probably should not have a bone Marrow biopsy at that time. They are not pleasant and I have had 3 in the past. So I will see her again towards the end of this month for a reevaluation. My Hope is that even though I have an incurable rare cancer that I will be able to keep this a chronic disease. So that is where that stands.

So besides having cancer I also am a diabetic and obese. I have over the last 10 weeks lost about 18 pounds. I have never have had the success that I am having now with a diet. I saw a story on the NBC evening news about how a lady had taken off over a 100 pounds. What she was doing was fasting by eating about 500 calories every other day. On the days she did not fast she just ate normal. So I gave it a try and it is by far the best experience I have had loosing weight. Because I am a diabetic I have just tried to stay around 1000 calories on the fast day. This has worked well. There seems to be some good research that this can be a healthy way to loose weight per the physicians talked to about the plan in the NBC news report. Every time I went to see a physicians they wanted me to have gastric bypass surgery. I think this is much safer with all the health problems that I have. I was an ICU RN for over 21 years. I feel a lot better getting some weight off and I do not mind this routine. The days you do eat you do not think about dieting and enjoy a nice meal. The days you fast are fairly easy and you no if you get hungry for something you can plan for it on the next day. So this is how I plan to proceed. My diabetic manager does not care what diet I am on as long as I am on one. My Blood sugars are amazing on this diet. So I feel better. I need to loose about 130 pounds total. I think this is going to work.

I live at my home place now that my Parents have past on. I live in Cumberland MD which is a small city in the Appalachian Mountains of Western Maryland. I live 2 hours from Pittsburgh PA and Washington DC. I have a ton of painting to do and remodeling. It has taken me about a year since my mother died last April to get moving on the house. I do plan to start a thread this year at some point in the manual section on trading spread and binary options on the North American Derivative Exchange (Nadex). Trading options is about strategy. There are many strategies that can be utilized. Because you can trade 10 major Forex pairs on Nadex it gives anyone who has traded Forex a starting point. There are hedge strategies that can be employed. You can straddle News. Trade both long and short at the same time.

I will continue to handicap horses and those who know me have heard me talk about this. I will continue to enter Handicapping tournaments. Every day is precious to me and I intend to live my life to the fullest. So I hope to again become involved here more God willing.

Cheers :)
Doug
Hello Doug,
Just read your update regarding your health and route you are on to getting better. All I can say is keep going man; We are with you in our thoughts and prayers. Wishing you progress - all the best.
Josh
slowkey
Trader

Post by slowkey »

Thanks josh,

For the kind words and concern.

Doug :)
Hello Doug,
Just read your update regarding your health and route you are on to getting better. All I can say is keep going man; We are with you in our thoughts and prayers. Wishing you progress - all the best.
Josh
The Gann Ribbons ... A new tool for looking at Time Periods, Price and Dynamic S/R in any system.

Bob's HGI Fourm

"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it."

Albert Einstein
slowkey
Trader

Gann Ribbon 10.7 System

Post by slowkey »

padnoter » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:04 pm wrote:Hi Doug,
Well I for one wish you all the best with the diet & treatment, and look forward to the new thread.
Cheers
Thanks Phil,

Looking forward to a new thread once I get caught up with my house.

Bob's HGI Fourm

Albert Einstein
slowkey
Trader

Greetings

Post by slowkey »

The Last few months have been challenging here in the US. I have sidelined all my trading ideas for now. I will be trading mostly Bobs HGI. I want to find a foothold in the higher time periods. Something I don't have to have much screen time logged in to do.

I have so been affected by this election here in the US that I plan to spend some time seeing if I can put my opinions into the blogosphere. So that will take some time to get up and running. I also may become involved in politics at the grassroots level. I was deeply disturbed by this election. I hope this rather volatile personality of Donald Trump's can be reigned in some by the profound responsibility of the Presidency. I am a Christian and have been horrified by the candidates lack of a core moral foundation. His dog whistle politics. His personal life choices. However he will be my President and I will hope he can rise to the greatness that the office entails. Many of the things he says he wants to do are constructive. Many very divisive. We are watching very closely as he puts together his administration. It will not be boring but it will be very uncertain times here in the US. The country is divided in half. Clinton won the popular vote but lost the electoral college. This is the second time in 20 years this has happened. They called this a change election. I am 63 years old and this reminds more of 1968 with protesters in the street than the 21 first century. The Statue of Liberty sitting off New York harbor might shiver in the cold of winter if we become Deportation Nation. Nothing is certain.

I wish you an early Holiday Greetings and a Happy 2017. I will see you in the New Year.
God Bless,

Bob's HGI Fourm

Albert Einstein
nanningbob
Trader

Gann Ribbon 10.7 System

Post by nanningbob »

I'm watching whether he goes pragmatic or not. His kids are the greatest influence on his life and they are Independent or Democrat. An eclectic mix. Well see.
I trade http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =38&t=3964,
I talk about my philosophy of trading here.
http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =38&t=3627
"The key to converting something useful to others is simplicity. Complexity is the enemy to execution." Tony Robbins
slowkey
Trader

Gann Ribbon 10.7 System

Post by slowkey »

Yes I agree, I think the Kids are a moderating effect on him. The problem is nepotism laws makes it difficult for the family to be connected to closely to the oval office not the least the appearance of financial ties if they are running the business which will be the case. The transition is a month behind already by all accounts. They need to get their act together. Its not going to be boring needless to say.

Doug
:)

Bob's HGI Fourm

Albert Einstein
nanningbob
Trader

Gann Ribbon 10.7 System

Post by nanningbob »

So which Trump will we have?
1. The Hoover Trump--Isolation--anti-immigrant--trade war--tariffs
2. Republican--cut taxes--increase spending--depreciate the dollar massively--blow the budget
3. Pragmatic--business--invest in Infrastructure--have a budget--long term view
Or
???????????
I trade http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =38&t=3964,
I talk about my philosophy of trading here.
http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =38&t=3627
"The key to converting something useful to others is simplicity. Complexity is the enemy to execution." Tony Robbins
tomele
Administrator

Gann Ribbon 10.7 System

Post by tomele »

nanningbob » 16 Nov 2016, 08:49 wrote:So which Trump will we have?
1. The Hoover Trump--Isolation--anti-immigrant--trade war--tariffs
2. Republican--cut taxes--increase spending--depreciate the dollar massively--blow the budget
3. Pragmatic--business--invest in Infrastructure--have a budget--long term view
Or
???????????
Now we can catch a glimpse. The @realDonaldTrump --- a narcissist egomaniac that challenges everyone and everything for his personal profit and ego-boost.

2 cents? Bad times ahead!
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate

Return to “Nanningbob's Holy Grail Indicator forum”