10.7 CSS

Includes an archive of all previous Bob stuff
VincentVega
Trader

10.7 CSS

Post by VincentVega »

First I thought that CSS isn't worth it, but after playing around with it, I really start liking it.
Did someone try to trade solely with CSS for a while? Tried it today a bit for fun and had 80% winning trades and +100pips. Really great indicator, thanks guys :xm:
TopFroxx

10.7 CSS

Post by TopFroxx »

hi all,

i stumbled across this forum about 2 weeks ago and have been looking into HGI and CSS. Thank you guys for creating these.
The HGI i dont really use, but the CSS accompanies my trading very well. I have two questions:

1. Does the CSS have an "expiry date" like the HGI?

2. This one is more complex. So i read that the CSS weights every currency pair in the basket equally. Would it be possible to include Input parameters to determine the weight of each currency?
What I mean is this:
Under Input you will have (just a quick example):
Weight currency A: 1
Weight currency B: 1
Weight currency C: 1
This would mean to determine the strength of any of these currencies all pairs will be equally weighted, by the formula (to determine the strength of currency C as an example):
(weight(A)*strength_vs_A + weight(B)*strength_vs_B) / (sum of weights) = strength of C
In the above case this would be the way it is currently coded '(from my understanding). This is jsut to show that a "new" code where one could put in the weights manually would not change the current state since it can be seen as a special (and the preset standard) case.
What i would like to put in instead of only "1's", i would put in the value of current currency futures. This would ensure that more important currencies will be assigned a greater weight, for example higher weights on USD, EUR and lower on CHF, NZD. You could also assign your "own" weights of course, whatever you feel is most useful.
I would be very grateful for this "feature" in an upcomming version. I hope others will find it useful too.

Kind regards,
TopFroxx

Edit: An obvious solution would be to change the "currency inputs" for each currency from the "true/false" option to a number. 0 would equal "false", 1 would equal true, differing numbers across currencies larger 1 would be different weights.
Iceberg

10.7 CSS

Post by Iceberg »

Hello sirs, hugely thanks for this awesome stuff :hi:

Just a fast question: is it possible to hide the unwanted currencies from the column? It would be helpful while monitoring the values on M1/M5
milanese
TechAdmin

10.7 CSS

Post by milanese »

Iceberg » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:27 pm wrote:Hello sirs, hugely thanks for this awesome stuff :hi:

Just a fast question: is it possible to hide the unwanted currencies from the column? It would be helpful while monitoring the values on M1/M5
no this is not previsted, there is only disponible a version without CHF..

Cheers :)

Tommaso
Global Prime is the official SHF broker :yahoo:
Searching for Servers and Workstations with individual configuration?
Just PM
:smile: Click here to go to the BoardKnowledgeBase
NOTE: Cookies and JavaScript are required for the using the board, with full functionality
nanningbob
Trader

10.7 CSS

Post by nanningbob »

The code is open source and is not dated. Send a note to Baluda and see if he can help you with the request.

TopFroxx » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:09 am wrote:hi all,

i stumbled across this forum about 2 weeks ago and have been looking into HGI and CSS. Thank you guys for creating these.
The HGI i dont really use, but the CSS accompanies my trading very well. I have two questions:

1. Does the CSS have an "expiry date" like the HGI?

2. This one is more complex. So i read that the CSS weights every currency pair in the basket equally. Would it be possible to include Input parameters to determine the weight of each currency?
What I mean is this:
Under Input you will have (just a quick example):
Weight currency A: 1
Weight currency B: 1
Weight currency C: 1
This would mean to determine the strength of any of these currencies all pairs will be equally weighted, by the formula (to determine the strength of currency C as an example):
(weight(A)*strength_vs_A + weight(B)*strength_vs_B) / (sum of weights) = strength of C
In the above case this would be the way it is currently coded '(from my understanding). This is jsut to show that a "new" code where one could put in the weights manually would not change the current state since it can be seen as a special (and the preset standard) case.
What i would like to put in instead of only "1's", i would put in the value of current currency futures. This would ensure that more important currencies will be assigned a greater weight, for example higher weights on USD, EUR and lower on CHF, NZD. You could also assign your "own" weights of course, whatever you feel is most useful.
I would be very grateful for this "feature" in an upcomming version. I hope others will find it useful too.

Kind regards,
TopFroxx

Edit: An obvious solution would be to change the "currency inputs" for each currency from the "true/false" option to a number. 0 would equal "false", 1 would equal true, differing numbers across currencies larger 1 would be different weights.
I trade http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =38&t=3964,
I talk about my philosophy of trading here.
http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =38&t=3627
"The key to converting something useful to others is simplicity. Complexity is the enemy to execution." Tony Robbins
TopFroxx

10.7 CSS

Post by TopFroxx »

nanningbob » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:52 pm wrote:The code is open source and is not dated. Send a note to Baluda and see if he can help you with the request.
thanks for the response! will do.
Haggadah
Trader

Filter for TMA Slope

Post by Haggadah »

Tommaso:

Having additional filter for TMA slope like the the attached would be wonderful. There are 3 colors representing Uptrend, Range and downtrend.

Thanks,

Haggadah
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Filter for TMA Slope

Post by SteveHopwood »

Haggadah » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:40 pm wrote:Tommaso:

Having additional filter for TMA slope like the the attached would be wonderful. There are 3 colors representing Uptrend, Range and downtrend.

Thanks,

Haggadah
Or you might care to consider that the world has moved on from here.

Perhaps I am wrong and that you have an additional wrinkle that is proving hugely profitable to you.

If so, then say what it is and how it works. That is the way to elicit a favourable response from the likes of Tommaso.

If not, then do not try to take advantage of the generosity of seriously talented coders such as T, just because you have a vague idea that something-or-other might work.

You would not enjoy my response should I suspect you of behaving in this manner.

I have been gentle here, but trust I make my meaning clear. Do say if not and I will happily express myself a tad more cogently.
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
sdao85

10.7 CSS

Post by sdao85 »

I am new to forex. I want to say thank you to steve, bob, and those who made this forum possible. I am fortunate to learn these neat tools, experiences, and profits. As I said, I am new but I have some observations about CSS. I am not sure if it is any help or true but perhaps experienced traders can test have further explanations.

All currency strength must be at equilibrium if not, there are 3 way arbitrage to make it at equilibrium anyway. Meaning that if there is one very strong currency, it will affect all other currencies. More often though, a group of currencies against another group. With this in mind, when a strongest currency strength goes against a weakest finished its run/break out of +20/-20 level, it can actually transfer its strength to other currencies on its way back to down (it can but not necessary back to the weakest currency.) So I started looking at when the currencies start breaking out of the +20/-20 level and I found something interesting. My theory is that, the market does expand and contract. When it expands, we have a trend. when it contracts, market rests. I see that currencies are often in group. We have 8 majors so imagine 4 on the +20 and 4 on the -20. If we take the absolute value of of all of them, they should be 8x20 = 160. My theory is that, we have a trend when market expands: we have a positive slope of the sum of absolute value of all 8 majors that is over 160-200 range. Market rests when have a negative slope coming back to below the mentioned level. If we track the market, we can see if the trend continues or ends.

Perhaps another way to understand the market is to compare positive currencies levels against the negative currencies.

Another tool I find useful in checking trend strength and when it ends is ADX 89 and 144 with positive slope 30 level and up. If either of them breaks the positive, it's time to get out.

OF course I am a newbie and don't know ways to test this. Just a theory.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
andreatrade1

10.7 CSS

Post by andreatrade1 »

Dear All,

I have an issue running the indicator in the Empty4 tester .
When running the indicator live I obtain different values comparing with the indicator running in the Empty4 tester ( in this example using the standard Empty4 average EA ).

The lines cross in the same date in both live and tester but the values ar different. Could you help me ? ( I need to simulate the live indi in the tester in order to backtest correctly an EA ).

Return to “Nanningbob's Holy Grail Indicator forum”