James16

f451
Trader

Re: James16

Post by f451 »

I am also a fan of James16 price action patterns. He is very emphatic that one should only take A grade setups at strong support or resistance (i.e. pivots, fib levels, obvious horizontal sr or clear trendlines) on daily and longer timeframes. This often presents a few difficulties for newbie traders with small accounts - sometimes the logical place to put a stop makes for very wide stop loss and thus very small (sometimes too small for your broker) lot size. The other is bordeom. A grade setups aren't that frequent.

I have written a few Empty4 scanners for price action patterns. Put these on Blank 1M chart.

The scanners show red or blue dots if the timeframe in question has just formed a the price action pattern. You may need to edit the list of symbols scanned in the Empty4 file - especially if your broker has odd suffixes (e.g. EURUSDm or EURUSD.G)
pa scanners.tpl
PA Scan - LC or HC Doji.mq4
PA Scan - Pinbars.mq4
PA Scan - Pinbar with Trend.mq4
PA Scan - Pinbar Reversal.mq4
PA Scan - Outside Bars.mq4
PA Scan - Inside bars.mq4
PA Scan - DBHLC or DBLHC bars.mq4
PA Scan - Doji.mq4
SDK-Pivots-v1.21.mq4
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dudest
Trader

Post by dudest »

Thanks f451!, good stuff!
fire580
Trader

Post by fire580 »

Thank You f451 .... fantastic work
Raj4x

Post by Raj4x »

Great thread and great tools.

Love PA and thank you all for the great posts and tools.

:)
iamaclown

James16

Post by iamaclown »

The way I use this is to combine it with Heiken Ashi. If D1 HA is green look for long on H1 with james16 candle pattern opposite for short. How easy can that be huh lol!!!!
AnotherBrian

James16

Post by AnotherBrian »

Wake up James, you're snoring again. <apply smelling salts here, and defibrillator as required>.

I think I was inspired by José Luis, he was going over older EA's and "fixing" them, probably because we have all come so far in the last few years.

TheJames EA thread is locked. The EA doesn't work anyways because it won't compile (uses the dot "." in the code variables, easy fix). Plus it ran into a code problem, perhaps I'm ignorant and not grasping what the problem is, but WTF, I'm posting anyway's.

So what I am wondering... the EA was not really tested hard at that time since there was not a lot of participation, and this forum has grown since then with super coders and super testers. Is the James method able to be captured in code? Are there traders using the method manually on this forum? Have we learned enough over the last few years to help us mend the EA?

After 7000 pages at FF you would think the EA would be of interest to many, but I'm not so sure. If not, then roll over and go back to sleep James.
The_Snowman
Trader

James16

Post by The_Snowman »

James lives on, just needs to stay on manual most probably, so no interest from the EA traders
:D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AnotherBrian

James16

Post by AnotherBrian »

The_Snowman » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:23 am wrote:James lives on, just needs to stay on manual most probably, so no interest from the EA traders

Well that's one opinion. Do you trade this method often?
Bruster400
Trader

James16

Post by Bruster400 »

The_Snowman » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:23 am wrote:James lives on, just needs to stay on manual most probably, so no interest from the EA traders
I agree that the EA might not be of interest to manual traders of this system but I'd be very interested in seeing some more development of the scanners. Even if it's just on the daily timeframe, being able to quickly scan a long list of symbols for the various patterns/setups would make manual trading of this system a lot easier. Once the scan shows a potential setup, you can then switch to that chart to look for the relevant S&R and set appropriate pending orders as required.

I've had a quick look at the scanners given earlier in the thread and can't get them all to work. They are also limited on the number of pairs they can show by the size of the chart. Perhaps they could be made to show just the pairs that have positive signals but I recognise that would require a total re-work which is well beyond me!

Anyone else interested in a price action scanner?
The_Snowman
Trader

James16

Post by The_Snowman »

Came across this indicator, name on chart, and thought of this thread

You can find it free in the Empty4 market, ask me how if you don't know

;)
2017-03-06_17-00-44.png

Return to “Manual trading systems”