SB....Help!....

Your basic questions about running EA's
stig125
Trader

SB....Help!....

Post by stig125 »

Hi all,
Yes I am a newbie and MUST be doing something totally wrong... either that or I have chosen the worst day to try out SB.

Right, here is where I am at.
I set up 3 15M charts, USDAUD, EURUSD & USDJPY using candlesticks
I Downloaded the SB & the 2 Indi's and correctly put them into their places and they appear as they should.
I dragged the 2 Indi's onto all 3 charts and then dragged the EA onto USDAUD but changed it to alter the TP to be 100, the same as the SL, set it to allow live trade and allow DLL imports(not sure about that one), then saved it as SB15M.set.. then dragged the EA onto the remaining 2 charts after loading the new SBM15.set.

Here is where I am losing the plot.. over a period of a 6 or so hours, it made 15 buy trades, probably the max number of trades per chart. However, they have just sat there.. gaining some money then losing some money and getting nowhere fast.. I was under the impression that on a reverse of direction that there would be a CT issued and a SELL order issued on that pair. There is nothing in my account history as though nothing had yet closed.

Have I done anything wrong or is it just a bad trading day?

Thanks in anticipation
Wal
rapple
Trader

SB....Help!....

Post by rapple »

stig125 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:12 am wrote:Hi all,
Yes I am a newbie and MUST be doing something totally wrong... either that or I have chosen the worst day to try out SB.

Right, here is where I am at.
I set up 3 15M charts, USDAUD, EURUSD & USDJPY using candlesticks
I Downloaded the SB & the 2 Indi's and correctly put them into their places and they appear as they should.
I dragged the 2 Indi's onto all 3 charts and then dragged the EA onto USDAUD but changed it to alter the TP to be 100, the same as the SL, set it to allow live trade and allow DLL imports(not sure about that one), then saved it as SB15M.set.. then dragged the EA onto the remaining 2 charts after loading the new SBM15.set.

Here is where I am losing the plot.. over a period of a 6 or so hours, it made 15 buy trades, probably the max number of trades per chart. However, they have just sat there.. gaining some money then losing some money and getting nowhere fast.. I was under the impression that on a reverse of direction that there would be a CT issued and a SELL order issued on that pair. There is nothing in my account history as though nothing had yet closed.

Have I done anything wrong or is it just a bad trading day?

Thanks in anticipation
Wal
Send through a screen shot so we can see the EA and indicators on a chart. You should see previous Trend trade and CT trade arrows and if the EA is setup correctly it will close a Trend trade on the CT signal

Cheers Rapple
stig125
Trader

SB....Help!....

Post by stig125 »

Hiya,
Thanks for the reply. Here is today's chart. All the trades from 11:30 to 20:00 I closed manually when I got home. The trades from 20:06 to now are all just buy trades and nothing closed again.
Capture3.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rapple
Trader

SB....Help!....

Post by rapple »

I can only suggest that you double check you have downloaded the 2 indicators from post 1 and they are in your indicator folder:

240.V.7_CT_ BUY.SELL.NOW.ALERT.ex4
240.V.7_ BUY.SELL.NOW.ALERT.ex4

The EA will not work with any other later indicators that Bob has developed

Cheers Rapple
stig125
Trader

SB....Help!....

Post by stig125 »

Hiya,

Thanks again for looking for my problem.
Here are the indicators I am using that I downloaded from the post by Steve that included the EA, 2 indicators and a help file.

I have just looked at those 2 indicators by dragging them on a new chart.. the only thing I have not done is tick the allow input from DLL box.. it is unticked by default.. could it be that? I have put it all on a EURGPB chart and it has taken 4 buys but there has not been a CT signal arrow as yet.. so..fingers crossed!!

Wal
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rapple
Trader

SB....Help!....

Post by rapple »

stig125 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:09 am wrote:Hiya,

Thanks again for looking for my problem.
Here are the indicators I am using that I downloaded from the post by Steve that included the EA, 2 indicators and a help file.

I have just looked at those 2 indicators by dragging them on a new chart.. the only thing I have not done is tick the allow input from DLL box.. it is unticked by default.. could it be that? I have put it all on a EURGPB chart and it has taken 4 buys but there has not been a CT signal arrow as yet.. so..fingers crossed!!

Wal
They should not have the (1) and (2) at the end of the indicator names. Delete those two and reload the indicators with the same name as in Post 1. Then it should work
stig125
Trader

SB....Help!....

Post by stig125 »

Thank you sooo much

I deleted all the previous downloads and downloaded them again.
and it now works as it should.
Thanks again for your effort in getting to the bottom of all this.

This is such a great user group, I hope i can get to the non newbie stage soon and help someone else too.

Have a great day
Wal

Return to “Automated trading (Rookies)”