PP Forward Demos

Post your derivatives/discussion threads here.
AGT
Trader

PP Forward Demos

Post by AGT »

Yes I understand your concern.
A lot of demos in the first post of this thread are running now for a longer time AND they are up ! However some other demos are already switched off. Mostly - it seems to me - these trading accounts are succesful doing the job.
But all of them show more or less long lasting flat periods or even DD phases. BUT: even after DD's, nearly all these accounts survive and all in all they move "northwards" step by step ! :good:
IMHO the main point for caution + patience using these bots is this volatile behaviour of the PP/PPoS ... and as I see it now better - of the ZP as well !. The balance + equity curves are sometimes heavily jumping up and down. That jumping behaviour causing losses of good gains made in the past of course could scare many traders and they may give up. But it seems in a long run the PP/PPoS/ZP bots may be winners, giving perhaps 10...20 % a month whereas suffering from a DD of approx. 10...20 % ?

:hi:
Reaper
Trader

PP Forward Demos

Post by Reaper »

qvintus » Thu May 14, 2015 10:31 pm wrote:
Angat » 15 May 2015, 00:11 wrote:Will be stopping all my demos for now. I'm no longer confident in the versions I have running.

I may start one or two new ones with the latest version which I'm sure has a few bug fixes etc and also go for the most tried and tested settings.

What happened that made you stop all demos? Did you experience something unpleasent?
My demo and live acconts has been running smooth since January.
I was testing different settings before but it seems there are people on here who have very good settings already so I will just copy them and run that for a few months. Lets see if I can replicate their results on my broker.
AGT
Trader

PP Forward Demos

Post by AGT »

I looked in this thread by chance only ... nearly forgot about this good demo collection over the years. I seems many of the demos assembled here are still alive ! Nice to see that.
But unfortunately most of them are at best flat, many are going down during the last weeks ... slowly. May be of course they'll jump up in the forthcoming days ?
I'm surprised, that the only one going strongly north approx. since the end of march is mine. So the approach of using an order manager EA like MPTM or sAPBM is right ... is perhaps right ?

:clap:

Return to “Pipcruiser's Pipmasher forum”