PP on Steroids Basics - ask your questions here.

Post your derivatives/discussion threads here.
JRforex
Trader

Post by JRforex »

Mike » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:28 pm wrote: You are not alone - it might be on your side, but it is very likely some MT4crap-problem some coder will hopefully identify some time. ;) She/he will be showered with praise and gratitude by many of us. Mike
Hmmm, that's strange, I just got 36 pendings in my PPoS 2 Demo, using the last version posted by LifeSys :?
woodlands
Trader

Post by woodlands »

JRforex » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:24 pm wrote:
Mike » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:28 pm wrote: You are not alone - it might be on your side, but it is very likely some MT4crap-problem some coder will hopefully identify some time. ;) She/he will be showered with praise and gratitude by many of us. Mike
Hmmm, that's strange, I just got 36 pendings in my PPoS 2 Demo, using the last version posted by LifeSys :?
Last week both versions ran fine, I watched at market open last night and PPoS took the pendings but PPoS2 came up with 'Auto Trading not allowed in expert properties', it is, so I guess its an Empty4 problem, has there been an update since last week? I have now again the old problem of EA's being removed while I am not looking so something has changed very recently. I will set PPoS2 on a different broker tonight and see what happens.
Lifesys
Trader

Post by Lifesys »

Hi
Rather interesting watching discussions here. PPoS2 works according to rules when traded using broker time.
ie. tradingHours = "+0.10,-0.25"; means when it should, at the commencement of the Forex day (or just after NY close Days2-5, for a good broker) not your local day. Else you can have quite different trades.
5 pip can swing a Mn or W1 direction. AUDCAD trades yesterday fired with -1.6pip reversal of D1. Directions will often be different using 20xD1 & 5xD1 instead of Mn & W1 resp. and Stoch is calculated on H4 at that time, so do not rely on what you might see some time later.
PPoS2 uses more efficient code for Risk% Lot size calc. so there is no "your lot size was adjusted". If Risk% is used, under & over lots is regulated automatically in CalculateLotSize() via.

Code: Select all

LotSize = MathMax(LotSize, MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_MINLOT));  // checks values in range
LotSize = MathMin(LotSize, MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_MAXLOT));
Members on http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 5&start=90 will have seen the PipDashboard set up to match PPoS or PPoS2. Only real difference is whether you set LongerCount to 0 or 20 & MediumCount to 0 or 5. (& Magic Number) Both set to zero IS PPoS standard.
Last 2 days I have had 6 pendings (Day2) & 24 pendings (Day3) with PPoS2 on GP account. Expecting to trade every day is silly but if no trades in a week, something is fiddled or wrong! PPoSDashboard may help - use same settings as PPoS (or 2).
"Auto Trading not allowed in expert properties" is set by RightClick / Expert Advisor / Properties / Common - "Allow Live Trading"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
drq

Post by drq »

Silly question perhaps, but how to prevent PPoS from closing open trades when PPoS is restarted on same pair.
When using magic number I would expect PPoS to pickup existing open trades with its magic number and manage them further on, instead it just closes them.

My current workaround is restart while in "market closed" conditions. Maybe there is better way?

Edit:

P.S. Eventually workaround doesn't work. PPoS still closes trades when market opens.
pipzi11a

Post by pipzi11a »

Hi everyone, n00b-tastic question here...since this EA is PP and HGI's baby, do we apply it to a D1 or H4 chart? All settings are OOTB except CloseTradesOnTrendChange = true.
Kind regards
ALoveSvpreme
Trader

Post by ALoveSvpreme »

Trade on D1, close on opposite hasn't had a positive outcome for myself and a few others but if you'd like to give it another shot let us know how you get on.
pipzi11a

Post by pipzi11a »

Much obliged, ALoveSvpreme, and thank you for the heads up on the CloseTradesOnTrendChange. All settings are now on default, save for tradingHours. That was adjusted just in time before today's open ;)
dreambig1

Post by dreambig1 »

Hi Guys,

Many thanks to Steve and PC for this Daily TF EA. One that actually works and is free is rare indeed.
:good:

I've read the PPOS thread and PC's thread. I would appreciate any input with the issue I am having.

I've loaded the PPOS version from Steves main PPOS thread and added to all my broker charts. I am not getting any trades, pending or otherwise. I am in the US where 00.00 is actually 1600 using 24hr clock. So I changed my trade time accordingly. The rest of the settings are ootb.

EA compiled fine and I am getting no errors. EA automatically changes trade settings from .01 to .05.
I've tried setting trade times to 24hr also to no avail.
I've also tried changing ECN to true but that made no difference.

One last thing. This is a Friday evening at 2:45 PM. Would this be the reason for no activity? Being the end of the week?

Thanks in advance for input.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
qvintus
Trader

Post by qvintus »

dreambig1 » 21 Aug 2015, 21:44 wrote:Hi Guys,

Many thanks to Steve and PC for this Daily TF EA. One that actually works and is free is rare indeed.
:good:

I've read the PPOS thread and PC's thread. I would appreciate any input with the issue I am having.

I've loaded the PPOS version from Steves main PPOS thread and added to all my broker charts. I am not getting any trades, pending or otherwise. I am in the US where 00.00 is actually 1600 using 24hr clock. So I changed my trade time accordingly. The rest of the settings are ootb.

EA compiled fine and I am getting no errors. EA automatically changes trade settings from .01 to .05.
I've tried setting trade times to 24hr also to no avail.
I've also tried changing ECN to true but that made no difference.

One last thing. This is a Friday evening at 2:45 PM. Would this be the reason for no activity? Being the end of the week?

Thanks in advance for input.
Hi. Use brokertime in the timesettings. Not localtime.
dreambig1

Post by dreambig1 »

Hi qvintus,

My broker local time for new daily candle is 14.00 so I reset from 16.00. Nothing happened. That could be because now markets are closed with my broker so no ticks. I will try again Monday.

So now for time I have left blank for 24hr trading, used my PC time, and tried my broker local time.

Thx for the quick responce. :)

Return to “Pipcruiser's Pipmasher forum”