PP on Steroids Basics - ask your questions here.

Post your derivatives/discussion threads here.
dreambig1

Post by dreambig1 »

Hi

I noticed after looking closer at chart members have posted, that after I attach PPOS to a chart there is no EA with Smiley face in top right corner. Other ES's I have loaded in my platform show active when loaded so EA settings are correct for platform. I've loaded PPOS into my indicators file and compiled fine. I'm working with build 840 Empty4.
I loaded PPOS into my experts file to see if made a difference but no go.

This makes me sound like a total newbie trying to get this EA going.... :arrrg:

Help is appreciated
tcollings
Trader

Post by tcollings »

dreambig1 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:26 am wrote:Hi

I noticed after looking closer at chart members have posted, that after I attach PPOS to a chart there is no EA with Smiley face in top right corner. Other ES's I have loaded in my platform show active when loaded so EA settings are correct for platform. I've loaded PPOS into my indicators file and compiled fine. I'm working with build 840 Empty4.
I loaded PPOS into my experts file to see if made a difference but no go.

This makes me sound like a total newbie trying to get this EA going.... :arrrg:

Help is appreciated
Hi dreambig1,

Just to confirm, PPoS is an Expert Advisor, so it definitely needs to be copied into the Experts folder.

The markets are currently closed, so if you are trying to load the EA right now, it probably won't initialise - this could be the reason why the smiley face is not showing up on your chart.

Cheers,
Tim
dreambig1

Post by dreambig1 »

That could be it seeing as how I just added to experts file. :arrrg:

Thanks tcollings. :good:
pipguy
Trader

Post by pipguy »

Thank you Steve and Pipcruiser for an amazing strategy and bot.
I'm not a coder, but extremely grateful for your efforts.
On my vps, PPoS is the only EA I use now (I shut down 3 other strategies last month).

Respectfully,
Elon (pipguy)
dreambig1

Post by dreambig1 »

Hi again everyone,

Has anyone gotten the notice "Trading Suspended" at top of charts? I've gotten PPOS running, inside trading hours, etc. US broker. Xfactornos set.

Says same with ootb Steves settings also

Thanks for help

EDIT Changed Stop Trading DAy to "0" and CloseAndDelete Trades to false and "Trading Suspended" disappeared. :arrrg: today is 23rd.
Last edited by dreambig1 on Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PipPoppy
Trader

Post by PipPoppy »

PPOS or any of it's other related EA's don't trade on Mondays.
dreambig1

Post by dreambig1 »

[quoteI had the same problem. I think it is related to the fact that my VPS time (as opposed to broker time) is GMT-5. So when the Tuesday candle opens on Global Prime, it is still Monday on my VPS. Disabling Monday trading prevents trading the open of the Tuesday candle. I resolved it by enabling Monday trading.][/quote]

Thx PipPoppy,

I 0nly enabled Monday due to I am also in the GMT-5 timezone. I have PP loaded to charts with and without the Monday enabled. Not sure which one will work for me yet. I think if there are trades to be taken they should be my Monday afternoon which is Tuesday open.

I also changed the time to end trading from the 23rd so I can figure out what I need to the next few days.

:)
dreambig1

Post by dreambig1 »

Thx PipPoppy,

I 0nly enabled Monday due to I am also in the GMT-5 timezone. I have PP loaded to charts with and without the Monday enabled. Not sure which one will work for me yet. I think if there are trades to be taken they should be my Monday afternoon which is Tuesday open.

I also changed the time to end trading from the 23rd so I can figure out what I need to the next few days.
:)

Below is a quote from PPOS thread where a member had to turn on Monday trading...we are both in GMT-5 zone:

I had the same problem. I think it is related to the fact that my VPS time (as opposed to broker time) is GMT-5. So when the Tuesday candle opens on Global Prime, it is still Monday on my VPS. Disabling Monday trading prevents trading the open of the Tuesday candle. I resolved it by enabling Monday trading.
wynkins
Trader
JRforex
Trader

Post by JRforex »

dreambig1 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:44 pm wrote:
Below is a quote from PPOS thread where a member had to turn on Monday trading...we are both in GMT-5 zone:

I had the same problem. I think it is related to the fact that my VPS time (as opposed to broker time) is GMT-5. So when the Tuesday candle opens on Global Prime, it is still Monday on my VPS. Disabling Monday trading prevents trading the open of the Tuesday candle. I resolved it by enabling Monday trading.
wynkins
Trader
Hi dreambig, the problem you are quoting was actually fixed in subsequent versions of PPoS, along with other problems. I think you're better off using PPoS with the number of multi trades set to 0; that way you would be trading PP original strategy.

JR
PipPoppy
Trader

Post by PipPoppy »

If you use PPOS on a VPS then you must change the times to correspond with the vps, NOT the computer.
I have been running PPOS on my vps since it was released and have not encountered any issues with the times or Monday on/off trading.
Remember that the Empty4 platform is not loaded onto your computer, it is somewhere else so you need to amend your trading times to suit the vps, and turn off Monday trading.

Return to “Pipcruiser's Pipmasher forum”