Pipcruiser's Pipmasher on Steroids

Post your derivatives/discussion threads here.
woodlands
Trader

Post by woodlands »

PPos has been on downtrend this week, here are the results over the longterm. There have been times with other EA's running during this period so slightly skewed results but a gain overall.

ymleong

Post by ymleong »

woodlands » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:19 pm wrote:PPos has been on downtrend this week, here are the results over the longterm. There have been times with other EA's running during this period so slightly skewed results but a gain overall.

:uff: DD% is almost as much as gain, perhaps time to tune it up? PPOS can be a monster or holy grail sometimes. Some months PPOS just dont seem to "get it" and kept turning up duds. My experiment has taught me that its best not to have PPOS create pending trades, best just to take whats on the table, and leave it.
Anklerep

Post by Anklerep »

I guess at the risk of getting flamed I don't understand what you mean by taking what's on the table and not allowing ppos to make pending trades?

Isn't that why and what we want with Ppos? Otherwise why use the bot?

Sorry I don't get it
ymleong

Post by ymleong »

Anklerep » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:56 am wrote:I guess at the risk of getting flamed I don't understand what you mean by taking what's on the table and not allowing ppos to make pending trades?

Isn't that why and what we want with Ppos? Otherwise why use the bot?

Sorry I don't get it
NOPE no flames :smile: Just my own experiment, depending on your settings, you can let PPOS create pending trades. Its best not to do so. Others have found that turning off the EA towards end of the month helps. You can try that on demo and observe how it behaves compared to your live trading. That way you have a better way to compare. Again just my own experiment/observations, its still your choice.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

ymleong » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:40 am wrote: :uff: DD% is almost as much as gain, perhaps time to tune it up? PPOS can be a monster or holy grail sometimes. Some months PPOS just dont seem to "get it" and kept turning up duds. My experiment has taught me that its best not to have PPOS create pending trades, best just to take whats on the table, and leave it.
Little of this makes any sense. No doubt you know what you mean, but please stay quiet unless you can express yourself more clearly.

............................................................................................................

Does PPoS lose? You bet he does. Last week cost me a packet.

You want a Holy GrailEA? Go elsewhere.

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
nikx

Post by nikx »

woodlands » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:19 am wrote:PPos has been on downtrend this week, here are the results over the longterm. There have been times with other EA's running during this period so slightly skewed results but a gain overall.

Hi Woodlands..

what settings are you using on this account?

Thanks

Nick
woodlands
Trader

Post by woodlands »

Here you go Nikx,
This is the latest of a lot of settings
PPoS1l.set
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
qvintus
Trader

Post by qvintus »

Nice basket of trades today going in the right direction :-)
trader689
Trader

Post by trader689 »

woodlands please can you make the myfxbook visible?
woodlands » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:19 am wrote:PPos has been on downtrend this week, here are the results over the longterm. There have been times with other EA's running during this period so slightly skewed results but a gain overall.

woodlands
Trader

Post by woodlands »

It's visible again now Trader.
The bounce on the grid is not to do with PPoS, I was using that account to test what I had learned from Captain Jack's forum and was caught out by the spread widening at rollover, direction was right, timing was wrong... plus some overtrading :oops: The bounce back is also using the lessons from CJ but with a little more caution ( I have only read the first 900 odd pages so far).......... :?

Return to “Pipcruiser's Pipmasher forum”