Holy Graily Bob

EA's inspired by nanningbob's work here, especially those based on his 240 Moving Average trend detection filter.
ross123

Holy Graily Bob

Post by ross123 »

TraderJoeForex » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:29 pm wrote:
Nice one Ross and welcome aboard the HGB train. Do keep us informed. There are so many different ways to trade with HGB it's great to see what's working for others.

Thanks TraderJoeForex...

I've decided to follow you guys as you have much more experience dealing with HGB rather do some dumb experiments myself. My settings need much manual interventions as it seems and it is a big distraction that effects my own trading. But I'm all about teamwork and if I could assist you fellows with anything please let me know.

Thanks again and will give your approach a shot see how it go's. I was wondering though if your settings need any manual intervention? I'd appreciate if you also post the pairs you are trading since your trades are marked private on MyFxBook?

Cheers,
Ross.
Geekster
Trader

Holy Graily Bob

Post by Geekster »

Does anyone run this on the daily? I have run several test and will continue over the weekend. It rarely has a loss on the daily charts. Of course it's more boring, if you like trading or over trading. I will post more soon on my test. Is anyone running this on the daily charts live?
toc17
Trader

Holy Graily Bob

Post by toc17 »

Geekster » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:24 pm wrote:Does anyone run this on the daily? I have run several test and will continue over the weekend. It rarely has a loss on the daily charts. Of course it's more boring, if you like trading or over trading. I will post more soon on my test. Is anyone running this on the daily charts live?
I do on demo account, see below
Geekster
Trader

Holy Graily Bob

Post by Geekster »

toc17 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:26 am wrote:
Geekster » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:24 pm wrote:Does anyone run this on the daily? I have run several test and will continue over the weekend. It rarely has a loss on the daily charts. Of course it's more boring, if you like trading or over trading. I will post more soon on my test. Is anyone running this on the daily charts live?
I do on demo account, see below
That's pretty impressive. I think I found a way to limit the loss that shows up in EURUSD and a few others you have. Charts that are transitioning, (ranging, making a top, bottom, etc) tend to be dangerous. I don't think you can use a universal set file for all pairs. I started working with someone else on building a self optimizing EA in order to escape the death throws. Perhaps that's what is needed here. For now, I can do it by hand.

Is it appropriate to post findings in this thread or is there another place? I'm still pretty new here. :P
JohnnyAmpere
Trader

Holy Graily Bob

Post by JohnnyAmpere »

I've been trading HGI on a daily timeframe manually for a couple of weeks and the results have been quite good so far. I actually started a new HGB daily demo yesterday. It looks indeed more promising as HGB 4h, it's a bit slower but a lot more stable.
TraderJoeForex
Trader

Holy Graily Bob

Post by TraderJoeForex »

ross123 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:21 pm wrote:
Thanks TraderJoeForex...

I've decided to follow you guys as you have much more experience dealing with HGB rather do some dumb experiments myself. My settings need much manual interventions as it seems and it is a big distraction that effects my own trading. But I'm all about teamwork and if I could assist you fellows with anything please let me know.

Thanks again and will give your approach a shot see how it go's. I was wondering though if your settings need any manual intervention? I'd appreciate if you also post the pairs you are trading since your trades are marked private on MyFxBook?

Cheers,
Ross.
Hi Ross. I close ALL trades manually unless they hit SL and use the SS channel indi I posted to guage when to exit. I have now changed the settings as per screenshot as these make more sense on H4

I trade all pairs apart from CAD and CHF.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TraderJoeForex
Trader

Holy Graily Bob

Post by TraderJoeForex »

Geekster » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:35 pm wrote:
That's pretty impressive. I think I found a way to limit the loss that shows up in EURUSD and a few others you have. Charts that are transitioning, (ranging, making a top, bottom, etc) tend to be dangerous. I don't think you can use a universal set file for all pairs. I started working with someone else on building a self optimizing EA in order to escape the death throws. Perhaps that's what is needed here. For now, I can do it by hand.

Is it appropriate to post findings in this thread or is there another place? I'm still pretty new here. :P
Self optimizing EA sounds interesting... I would suggest starting a new thread since this one is all things HGB
Last edited by TraderJoeForex on Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Holy Graily Bob

Post by SteveHopwood »

Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
Foreverforex
Trader

Holy Graily Bob

Post by Foreverforex »

Geekster » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:35 am wrote:

Started Day only demo a couple weeks ago, not as impressive results, but in the black. Would be interested in your further results, EA, and set files for individual currencies. Happy to run tests on my demo if you want more data/different broker, etc. Post link to new thread here, please.

Thanks,

FF
Geekster
Trader

Holy Graily Bob

Post by Geekster »

Foreverforex » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:18 am wrote:
Geekster » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:35 am wrote:

Started Day only demo a couple weeks ago, not as impressive results, but in the black. Would be interested in your further results, EA, and set files for individual currencies. Happy to run tests on my demo if you want more data/different broker, etc. Post link to new thread here, please.

Thanks,

FF

It's been slow going because of too many projects. Something that seems to be helping is to determine the current ATR for the current pair and adjusting the settings for that. I think I'm on the right track, but it needs work.

Will post more soon.

Return to “Thingy Bob EA's”