PPoS 4H trading

Post your derivatives/discussion threads here.
Zennor
Trader

PPoS 4H trading

Post by Zennor »

Further to my last and having carried out post trade analysis some interesting facts have come to light albeit from a small data set but it is a starting point.

When the last Demo Basket closed for a 3% these were the best and worst trades insomuch the ones which were making the most money and losing the most when the trade closed.

Biggest Losers in order of loss
GBPUSD W1 Down 5Day UP
USDCAD W1 Up 5Day Down
EURCAD W1 Up 5Day Up

Biggest Winner in order of gain
AUDCHF W1 Down 5Day Down
EURAUD W1 Up 5Day Up
AUDJPY W1 Down 5Day Down

Interesting that 2 of the 3 biggest losers were in opposites BUT ALL the biggest Winners were in agreement...

Now then imagine if we could correlate the W1, D5, D1 and 4H with the top three needing to be in agreement before an opposite 4H candle to trigger the pending...
SWG123
Trader

PPoS 4H trading

Post by SWG123 »

Hi Zennor, I can see what you are trying to do but take a look at my results which also gave me a 3% TP closure today - 6 in 6 days by the way - I could live with that! :)
Pipcrusher Apr02.JPG
As you can see, the basket is quite different - same result, happily - but too soon to reach any conclusions methinks.

Thanks for sharing your ideas.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
qvintus
Trader

PPoS 4H trading

Post by qvintus »

SWG123 » 02 Apr 2015, 22:09 wrote:Hi Zennor, I can see what you are trying to do but take a look at my results which also gave me a 3% TP closure today - 6 in 6 days by the way - I could live with that! :)

As you can see, the basket is quite different - same result, happily - but too soon to reach any conclusions methinks.

Thanks for sharing your ideas.
Hi. Nice results. Are you still not using a SL? Or do you have a loss percentage also set with equity sentry?
Could you share setfile for PPoS and ES?
SWG123
Trader

PPoS 4H trading

Post by SWG123 »

qvintus » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:00 am wrote:
Hi. Nice results. Are you still not using a SL? Or do you have a loss percentage also set with equity sentry?
No SL. PPoS is OOTB except for ECN = True and Slippage = 2.

ES is set to close all trades at +3%. Now that account balance is >12,000, going forward I think I will set it to close at 2,000 money loss to protect the starting equity.
qvintus
Trader

PPoS 4H trading

Post by qvintus »

SWG123 » 03 Apr 2015, 09:24 wrote:
qvintus » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:00 am wrote:
No SL. PPoS is OOTB except for ECN = True and Slippage = 2.

ES is set to close all trades at +3%. Now that account balance is >12,000, going forward I think I will set it to close at 2,000 money loss to protect the starting equity.
Thanks!
What lotsize are you trading on your account when 3% equity TP works good?
SWG123
Trader

PPoS 4H trading

Post by SWG123 »

qvintus » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:14 am wrote:
Thanks!
What lotsize are you trading on your account when 3% equity TP works good?
0.01 per $1,000. Margin has been as low as 350% but always when in good profit - so far ...
volumeprice
Trader

PPoS 4H trading

Post by volumeprice »

I have been testing this with consistent 3% profit each day in the past two weeks on off. Actually I traded this live last week for 3 days. My SL this week is 3% because I noticed it never went beyond it anyway. This gives me 1 R:R. Today is the first time it went beyond 3% SL because of NFP. Luckily(or not) simpleAllPairBasketManagerH did not close it at the set 3% SL. Moments later it shot up to reach my 3% TP. Again simpleAllPairBasketManagerH did not close at 3% TP. Why? I think because PPOS have hundreds of pendings and many open trades plus the volatility caused by the news, system is taxed to the max. Same problem happened to me yesterday where it closed at around 4% instead of 3%. I saw the same problem in Equity Sentry last week.I think basket manager should first close open trades before closing the pending ones to protect the money.
dudest
Trader

PPoS 4H trading

Post by dudest »

volumeprice » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:58 pm wrote:I have been testing this with consistent 3% profit each day in the past two weeks on off. Actually I traded this live last week for 3 days. My SL this week is 3% because I noticed it never went beyond it anyway. This gives me 1 R:R. Today is the first time it went beyond 3% SL because of NFP. Luckily(or not) simpleAllPairBasketManagerH did not close it at the set 3% SL. Moments later it shot up to reach my 3% TP. Again simpleAllPairBasketManagerH did not close at 3% TP. Why? I think because PPOS have hundreds of pendings and many open trades plus the volatility caused by the news, system is taxed to the max. Same problem happened to me yesterday where it closed at around 4% instead of 3%. I saw the same problem in Equity Sentry last week.I think basket manager should first close open trades before closing the pending ones to protect the money.
IMHO, it is the spread widening that prevented the closings ( not the managers )
Zennor
Trader

PPoS 4H trading

Post by Zennor »

volumeprice » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:58 pm wrote:I have been testing this with consistent 3% profit each day in the past two weeks on off. Actually I traded this live last week for 3 days. My SL this week is 3% because I noticed it never went beyond it anyway. This gives me 1 R:R. Today is the first time it went beyond 3% SL because of NFP. Luckily(or not) simpleAllPairBasketManagerH did not close it at the set 3% SL. Moments later it shot up to reach my 3% TP. Again simpleAllPairBasketManagerH did not close at 3% TP. Why? I think because PPOS have hundreds of pendings and many open trades plus the volatility caused by the news, system is taxed to the max. Same problem happened to me yesterday where it closed at around 4% instead of 3%. I saw the same problem in Equity Sentry last week.I think basket manager should first close open trades before closing the pending ones to protect the money.
I would seriously consider your 3% SL. In my opinion it is way too small leaving the system very little room to breath. Whilst you may have been lucky not to get hit so far from experience at some point you will find your 3% being hit and quite often.
volumeprice
Trader

PPoS 4H trading

Post by volumeprice »

Zennor » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:47 pm wrote:
I would seriously consider your 3% SL. In my opinion it is way too small leaving the system very little room to breath. Whilst you may have been lucky not to get hit so far from experience at some point you will find your 3% being hit and quite often.

Thats why I switched to demo, I want to find out how many consecutive 3% TPs per one SL. Today I got the answer. Approximately 9 to 1 I would say. Given that, it means If I am hit today, I could recover my loss next day. I wonder about 30% SL?

I start my day at Tokyo session. I can see the prices stay around 0-1% drawdown majority of the time, then start running multi-level trades at Euro session. If lucky, it hit 3% TP before the start of US Session. At US Session, it becomes volatile, moving back from 2% profit to 2% DD then finally hitting 3%.

As much as possible I want it to finish before US Session because reversals happen there often. I am thinking of decreasing my TP to 2% as during Euro session, it is around this area already. I am afraid of US Session because if prices reversed, I would have multilevel trades going against me.

Return to “Pipcruiser's Pipmasher forum”