PPoS 4H trading

Post your derivatives/discussion threads here.
Zennor
Trader

PPoS 4H trading

Post by Zennor »

Guys the New EA for trading this system is in the final stages of testing and should be available shortly.

You will owe Steve a huge thanks for all the hard work put into getting this EA to work because there are some huge changes to the original PPoS EA. The new EA will be called Zennor's Piproid.

I will give you a brief overview of the changes so that you can get your head around them and think how you may wish to trade this EA.

1. There is now a new time scale called Days Various placed under the 3 existing time frames. This is a daily value set from 0 if you do not wish to use it to any number you want. Default is set to 5 days.

This means that the EA will look at the W1, D1, H4 (for trading) and DV. If all are in agreement then the EA will look for a trade. You can however if you wish to leave the W1 blank if you just wish for the EA to look at the DV and D1 values for trades. The EA is totally flexible.

For those of you wishing to trade the lower frame scales you can set DV to 1 to include the last Day in the trend calculations or set to 0 if you do not. Your choice.

2. The biggest changes are to do with the ATR and pending trades. Not all currency pairs are equal, look at todays ranges from 23 to over 90 pips. Main trade Pendings can be placed at a pip value or as a percentage of the ATR, default in AltMainPendingPricePercant is 50%. Gone are the 20 pip Multi Trades in comes the ATR Multi Trades. Default in AltMultiPendingPricePercant is set to 50%.

So what does this mean, well if you have an ATR of say 30 then the Main pending trade will be placed 15 pips below the trigger candle, all subsequent Multi trades will be spaced at 15 pips also.

On top of that you now have the function of increasing the lot size on all subsequent multi trades by whatever value you set in the Multi trade lot size.

For example if you set 0.02 for your first multi trade the second would be 0.04 the third 0.06 and so on. Or you can just set it to one value for all Multi trades.

3. For those of you using the ADR multiplier for Main Trade lot sizing and then moving the stop loss, good news, you no longer have to move the stop loss because the EA now only uses the Multiplier for lot size calculations and does not place the stop loss. So if you set your risk at 1% and the SL at 2 x ADR the EA will calculate the lot size place the pending order but not the stop loss.

4. Finally the EA will cancel all pending trades if the Trend changes at any time from a Long or Short to a Mixed trend.

So what will these changes mean, well for a start far fewer trades. A 90 ATR pair was filling all 5 x 20 pip multitrades in short periods of time whereas a 23 pip ATR pair was taking all day if not longer which gave us a huge imbalance.

Many main trades were being triggered by big ATR pair and then reversing causing an imbalance against lower ATR pairs.. As I've mentioned before the W1 candle on it's own was far too stale, now coupled with the DV time scale we can ensure that our trades are still in a trending market as much as one can. Now we will have a much more balanced approach to trading this system.
volumeprice
Trader

PPoS 4H trading

Post by volumeprice »

Thank you for working on this.
qvintus
Trader

PPoS 4H trading

Post by qvintus »

SWG123 » 07 Apr 2015, 23:17 wrote:
qvintus » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:11 am wrote:
Okay. And my current basket is floating around -3% now.
Are you using appropriate lot sizing? Because my basket is only -0.3%...
Yes, 0.01 lots per 1000$ as recommended here. 28 pairs. And the threadstarters set file. I will continue observing the thread but stopping my demo for now. Three straight stoplosses of 4% each and I just closed remaining trades in loss now.
SWG123
Trader

PPoS 4H trading

Post by SWG123 »

While the new version evolves, the current version continues to deliver. It had a good test this week, reaching almost 8% DD before recovering and hitting 3% TP yesterday and another 3% during London today, making eight successive basket TPs in eleven trading days.
Pipcrusher 10Apr02.JPG
Statement 10Apr02.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Zennor
Trader

PPoS 4H trading

Post by Zennor »

SWG123 pretty impressive..

A new thread will be opening shortly for the New EA and if there are no objections I shall ask Steve to lock this thread so that the system with the new EA can be discussed in one place.

Hopefully you will enjoy the new EA..
SWG123
Trader

PPoS 4H trading

Post by SWG123 »

Zennor » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:44 pm wrote:SWG123 pretty impressive..

A new thread will be opening shortly for the New EA and if there are no objections I shall ask Steve to lock this thread so that the system with the new EA can be discussed in one place.

Hopefully you will enjoy the new EA..
I am looking forward to it like a kid looks forward to Christmas :good:
Zennor
Trader

PPoS 4H trading

Post by Zennor »

EA should be available either later today or sometime tomorrow.. Just finalising the user manual/introductions.
The_Snowman
Trader

PPoS 4H trading

Post by The_Snowman »

Looking at the last week of EUR-USD 4H price action and notice that it has been the ideal, picture poster perfect chart for 4H trading, even as a visual manual you couldn't help make pips. I'm sure the new EA will triumph in markets like this!

Big thanks to Steve for making this forum possible, and also to Pipcruiser + Zennor for sharing their great concepts for trading.

Wishing all the best for the coming weeks, John

:clap: :clap: :clap:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
barry
Trader

PPoS 4H trading

Post by barry »

I have PPoS v1h on H4 on two GP accounts, with the same settings except that one has TradeMonday=true, and the other has TradeMonday=false.

Once Tuesday began (broker time) a few hours ago, the platform with TradeMonday=true opened pending trades on MANY more pairs than the platform with TradeMonday=false.

I don't understand why there would be any difference in the trades placed on Tuesday. It doesn't look as though the TradeMonday=false platform can't see the Monday price action, since the on-screen displays show the same, e.g., on euraud, they both show W1=up, D1 is down, H4 is up, We cannot trade this candle. Yet on the platform with TradeMonday=true, pending orders were set at a few seconds after Tuesday started.

Can anyone help me to understand this difference? Thanks.
Last edited by barry on Wed May 06, 2015 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
AGT
Trader

PPoS 4H trading

Post by AGT »

Frankly I can't help, but all in all it seems here is only little interest left over in any event, after zennor's piproid was released. :hi:

Return to “Pipcruiser's Pipmasher forum”