Holy Graily Bob 'n Grid

EA's inspired by nanningbob's work here, especially those based on his 240 Moving Average trend detection filter.
Jhlewis
Trader

Holy Graily Bob 'n Grid

Post by Jhlewis »

Close on opposite signal True one this one. Closed on the opposite Trend arrow.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TraderJoeForex
Trader

Holy Graily Bob 'n Grid

Post by TraderJoeForex »

traderduke » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:18 pm wrote:TJF
I’ve been checking out the code for wavy signals. It looks like it will only close your position if you are in profit, which confirms neocount’s claim, I also believe line 6040 doesn’t belong. It however wouldn’t help us because we are in a loss.
This is fine for me as I have no wish to close on a wavy if loss. At this stage price has just re-entered a range and we have no idea which way it will go. Makes sense to grab a quick profit if we can but not a loss.
traderduke » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:18 pm wrote:
I don’t think Close on opposite signal will help either, it also require’s (!OnlyCloseProfitableOppositePositions || SellPipsUpl > 0) . We were in a loss when opposite signal appeared and I don’t think we want to make this false “OnlyCloseProfitableOppositePositions “.
I have this false in the set I posted which is what I want.
traderduke » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:18 pm wrote:
Next week could you check to see if the GJ would have made a profit and get a general idea of what the DD might have been? I’m betting it goes profit I just don’t know how deep the DD will go. In my case the DD for GPBCAD was 2380 pips & -$23.80 with .01 trades, not bad considering the final PL. It just looks gruesome on the chart.
With OnlyCloseProfitableOppositePositions set to false Drawdown should no longer be an issue. I am running the set files I posted live this week on GJ with the corresponding buy and sell HGBnG so will let you know how it goes anyway.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jhlewis
Trader

Holy Graily Bob 'n Grid

Post by Jhlewis »

TJF, in my pic should it not have closed my shorts in profit at the yellow wavy? or at the opposite Blue, range, or rads? It waited till the opposite Trend arrow. That may be correct and I just have not understood the closing logic.
TraderJoeForex
Trader

Holy Graily Bob 'n Grid

Post by TraderJoeForex »

Jhlewis » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:06 pm wrote:TJF, in my pic should it not have closed my shorts in profit at the yellow wavy? or at the opposite Blue, range, or rads? It waited till the opposite Trend arrow. That may be correct and I just have not understood the closing logic.
A trend arrow trade will close on opposite trend arrow according to your choice of true or false for onlycloseprofitablepositions.

You cannot make an informed judgement from screenshots for closeonyellowwavy because the wavy will come and go and refresh on the chart depending on current information for the strength of the slope which it is based on.

I would suggest reading the basics thread fully and posting there if needed for any further clarification on this http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =87&t=3979

Cheers.
neocount
Trader

Holy Graily Bob 'n Grid

Post by neocount »

One thing that can be done is change the seconds the EA reads HGI to a lower number in hopes of catching lets say, a yellow wave that would disappear within the default 60 seconds. Too low will slow a machine down dramatically though so I would say test it to see what the best number is.
Pipd00t

Holy Graily Bob 'n Grid

Post by Pipd00t »

Trading OOTB 4 hour set file. Just Long and Short trades for GJ (I removed all others).

20.8% DD, need to work on keeping the equity from dropped too low. Any proven suggestions? Perhaps more hedging? :jump:

I am beginning tests pairing this with other EA's, will update soon.
traderduke
Trader

Holy Graily Bob 'n Grid

Post by traderduke »

TJF
Bad week for me overall. I’ll show the major differences from tjfs M5 setfile, trading .01 lots only on 12pr:

1. BnG v2d-M5- #trds-251,Best+ 284,TRD Only,------------ocpp=T, SnL,----------uoff=T, css=T & M5,
See Set file & Cht
2. BnG v2d-M5- #trds-687,Bad -748,TRD Only, coyrw=T, ocpp=T, SnL, coos=T,uoff=T, css=T & M5
3. BnG v2d-M15-#trds-344,Bad -732,TRD Only, coyrw=T, ocpp=T, SnL, coos=T,uoff=T, css=F
4. BnG v2d-M15-#trds-388,Bad -555,TRD Only, coyrw=T, ocpp=T, SnL, coos=T,uoff=T, css=T & M15

Well it’s plain to see during turbulent & ranging times the coos=T is a killer. The GBPNZD & GBPJPY were the big bombs. If I had my “Basket TP & SL Symbol specific” running then the losses would have been a lot less but still losses. Next week I’ll try the M15 again without the coos.

I think we need a indicator that clearly defines LONG trends and doesn't suck you in on short adjustments or slow reversals.

How are you guys doing?

Regards
Ray
HnG-v2d-M5-Winner-7-22.set
2016-07-23_082346-v2d-M5-cht2-trd only-7-23.png

2016-07-23_082346-v2d-M5-trd only-7-23.png
patmontes
Trader

Holy Graily Bob 'n Grid

Post by patmontes »

traderduke » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:37 pm wrote:TJF
Bad week for me overall. I’ll show the major differences from tjfs M5 setfile, trading .01 lots only on 12pr:

1. BnG v2d-M5- #trds-251,Best+ 284,TRD Only,------------ocpp=T, SnL,----------uoff=T, css=T & M5,
See Set file & Cht
2. BnG v2d-M5- #trds-687,Bad -748,TRD Only, coyrw=T, ocpp=T, SnL, coos=T,uoff=T, css=T & M5
3. BnG v2d-M15-#trds-344,Bad -732,TRD Only, coyrw=T, ocpp=T, SnL, coos=T,uoff=T, css=F
4. BnG v2d-M15-#trds-388,Bad -555,TRD Only, coyrw=T, ocpp=T, SnL, coos=T,uoff=T, css=T & M15

Well it’s plain to see during turbulent & ranging times the coos=T is a killer. The GBPNZD & GBPJPY were the big bombs. If I had my “Basket TP & SL Symbol specific” running then the losses would have been a lot less but still losses. Next week I’ll try the M15 again without the coos.

I think we need a indicator that clearly defines LONG trends and doesn't suck you in on short adjustments or slow reversals.

How are you guys doing?

Regards
Ray

Hi Ray, on your winner set, how do you close positions or take profit?
traderduke
Trader

Holy Graily Bob 'n Grid

Post by traderduke »

patmontes » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:24 am wrote:
traderduke » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:37 pm wrote:TJF

See Set file & Cht
Hi Ray, on your winner set, how do you close positions or take profit?
Pat
This the same M5 set that TJF posted on pg92. The BnG ocpp=true closes the trades all by it self. I admit I don't fully understand What other then the "OnlyClose Profitable Positions" decides the time and size of the profit or loss. You see that GBPCAD I posted on the prior page, the BnG closed it. I could show you several other closings but not as vast. I ran all the tests hands off from Monday to Friday 15:00 EDT, at that time I had 71 trades open with a +12, so I closed them all. This EA dives deep, 20 of the opens were GBPJPY. As I said before this week was a bad week any EA in profit has a lot going for it. I ran 2 other EAs not from SHF and one of them made 1211 pips last week and lost 345 pips this week.

I know running SnL has its own built in problem but when I see a clear LONG trend DOWN with Buy limits it just feels wrong. The M5 at least rebounds with less loss the any other TF.

The other 3 EAs were even worst yet, as you can see! I'm looking forward to TJFs findings.

How did you do this week?

Ray
patmontes
Trader

Holy Graily Bob 'n Grid

Post by patmontes »

traderduke » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:43 pm wrote:
Pat
This the same M5 set that TJF posted on pg92. The BnG ocpp=true closes the trades all by it self. I admit I don't fully understand What other then the "OnlyClose Profitable Positions" decides the time and size of the profit or loss. You see that GBPCAD I posted on the prior page, the BnG closed it. I could show you several other closings but not as vast. I ran all the tests hands off from Monday to Friday 15:00 EDT, at that time I had 71 trades open with a +12, so I closed them all. This EA dives deep, 20 of the opens were GBPJPY. As I said before this week was a bad week any EA in profit has a lot going for it. I ran 2 other EAs not from SHF and one of them made 1211 pips last week and lost 345 pips this week.

I know running SnL has its own built in problem but when I see a clear LONG trend DOWN with Buy limits it just feels wrong. The M5 at least rebounds with less loss the any other TF.

The other 3 EAs were even worst yet, as you can see! I'm looking forward to TJFs findings.

How did you do this week?

Ray
Hi Ray,
cheers for this! i recently stopped testing BnG because I went over to Dotty but I will start up a demo for your set file and probably run a basket manager with it. :good:

Return to “Thingy Bob EA's”