Holy Graily Bob 'n Grid

EA's inspired by nanningbob's work here, especially those based on his 240 Moving Average trend detection filter.
trader689
Trader

Holy Graily Bob 'n Grid

Post by trader689 »

Hey Cyberevil and Steve

any updates on the grid re-population mod of HGBnG?

thanks, trader
cyberevil » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:33 pm wrote:Been playing with a new strategy for last two weeks. The idea was to minimize DD and still take small profits. It seems to be doing very well at taking profits, DD is less but still not to a point where I would like it to be.

Steve helped me test the idea by adding functionality to re-populate the grid if it traced back to the original trigger price. The Idea is to tp at each level on a larger grid. So for example let's say you have a grid of 12 buy/sell and TP of 12. if the price shoots up/down in one direction, great. If it whiplashes we still made profit but it will fill the gap if the price returns to start price.

I will let Steve update you guys on it if he has time, I'm off to Vacation, but I'm letting it run and see what it does over the next week.
piter44
Trader

Holy Graily Bob 'n Grid

Post by piter44 »

Hi,

As i understand offsetting adds positions in order to reduce biggest looser with some winners, however my intention is to disable offsetting and do not add additional orders without my intervention.
Therefore I turned off this option in bot settings but regardless of that the bot is still adding new orders.
Please give me a tip what should I change in my settings.
2016-08-05 14-39-14 offfset.png

And in my setting I have:
OnlyCloseProfitablePositions=false
CloseOnOppositeSignal=true

but screen below shows that it did not happend :(
2016-08-05 15-52-50 opposite signal.png

Regards,
P.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cyberevil
Trader

Holy Graily Bob 'n Grid

Post by cyberevil »

Hi Trader,

Sorry couldn't get back to your pm. I have been traveling. I have a version that has this feature but I'm just waiting for Steve to publish it. It does have merit and needs little more eyes/brain power to make it work with the concept I was thinking.

It's making lots of profit with the following settings. Grid size 10, gridspace 10 and tp 5. gives nice liner profit until it gets hedged. It gets angry again :arrrg:

If steve release it as experimental we can all brainstorm on it.
trader689 » July 26th, 2016, 2:57 pm wrote:Hey Cyberevil and Steve

any updates on the grid re-population mod of HGBnG?

thanks, trader
danjuma
Trader

Holy Graily Bob 'n Grid

Post by danjuma »

Hello all, a quick question please. I know some of the automated EA's do not require the indicator they reference to be attached on a chart (as long as they are in the indicators folder) to work. I am too sure if this applies to HGBnG as well (ie. do I have to attach HGI on a chart for HGBnG to work properly - get signals from HGI)? Just thinking of the impact on the performance of the VPS I am using. Thanks
danjuma
Trader

Holy Graily Bob 'n Grid

Post by danjuma »

Hello and compliments of the season to all. HGBnG does not appear to be implementing the stop loss (ie. I input a figure for the 'StopLossPips' in the settings, but this is not reflected on Empty4; it just shows 0.00000). I am using the most current version (attached in post number 1). Screenshots attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Thingy Bob EA's”