CSS WITH HGI & SUPER CSS

Includes an archive of all previous Bob stuff
fx800
Trader

CSS WITH HGI & SUPER CSS

Post by fx800 »

Hi Bob, very nice of you to drop in and glad to hear you are doing well in your trucking business. Wishing you all the best for the future and thanks for your contributions at SHF and previously at FF. I am a fully retired medic and like to dip my toes in forex trading once in a while just for fun. I hope there will be more participation in this thread by other members so many others will benefit.
fx800
Trader

CSS WITH HGI & SUPER CSS

Post by fx800 »

H4 CSS TODAY.

Yen still at the top and USD, GBP and EUR at the bottom.

So looking to sell the yen against GBP, EUR and USD today.

I am using H1 and D1 SUPERSLOPE for trigger but you can use any system you like. Good luck.

As Bob said, knowing where to look for a trade is more important than the signal itself.

peter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fx800
Trader

CSS WITH HGI & SUPER CSS

Post by fx800 »

A very choppy day with little news to drive prices. Not a good day for trading. Hope some of you got some green pips. I only managed about 130 pips on GJ shorts trading H1.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wavegarrick
Trader

CSS WITH HGI & SUPER CSS

Post by Wavegarrick »

I plan to go into semi-retirement by end of next year. Then I'll trade for fun in my retirement years
Hi Bob,

Just came across your post now. Sorry to see you leave indefinately, nevertheless, I do believe a break from forex trading does good. Thanks for everything you have done here over the years and more so come back refreshed and as you say, trade for fun. :good:

Hi Peter ( Fx800),
Yen still at the top and USD, GBP and EUR at the bottom.

So looking to sell the yen against GBP, EUR and USD today.
Interesting to see you trade off Css extremes and not at the crossover :good: I've been thinking about taking this approach on a number of occasions with perhaps sixths as an additional filter.

Following with interest.

Cheers
Leon
fx800
Trader

CSS WITH HGI & SUPER CSS

Post by fx800 »

Wavegarrick » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:55 pm wrote:
Hi Bob,

Just came across your post now. Sorry to see you leave indefinately, nevertheless, I do believe a break from forex trading does good. Thanks for everything you have done here over the years and more so come back refreshed and as you say, trade for fun. :good:

Hi Peter ( Fx800),

Interesting to see you trade off Css extremes and not at the crossover :good: I've been thinking about taking this approach on a number of occasions with perhaps sixths as an additional filter.

Following with interest.

Cheers
Leon
Hi Leon,

Thank you very much for your frequent contributions at SHF. I don't actually trade off the CSS extremes. Saying that yen is "top dog" was merely borrowing a phrase from one of Bob's previous postings. What is more important is the direction the yen was pointing recently i.e. towards the heavens, that is until yesterday when the strength appears to be waning. As I trade mainly H1 I also look at H1 CSS to confirm. The CSS tells me where to look for a trade on a particular day, only picking a couple of pairs to trade per day. So, if the USD is pointing southwards strongly, then I look to see which currency is pointing strongly upwards, and look for buy trades against the USD.

The crossover on D1 BALUDA'S SUPER CSS is the key. Only trade in the direction of D1 CSS and wait for D1 slope value of at least 1.0 before taking a trade. The trade trigger is H1 CSS (closed candle) changing to same colour as the D1 CSS. Pretty much similar to what everyone else is doing at the BALUDA'S SUPER CSS thread.

Seeing a currency crossing beyond +0.2/-0.2 on the D1 and H4 time frames helps to ensure the move has momentum and avoids entering a trade that moves sideways. As you know, sideways movement kill off trades using the Baluda indi. Also, for most currencies, I find the best time to trade is the start of Frankfurt and London till about 10.30am London time. TP around 10.30 am before the profits slowly disappear into the thin air as 11am approaches. Start again from 1 pm London time till London close. If there is hgh impact news for the day, I tend to wait 15 minutes to half an hour after the news before taking any trades. No trades before NFP and central banks setting interest days. May consider taking trades when the trends become clear after the news. I suppose pretty much similar to what everyone else is doing.

peter
fx800
Trader

CSS WITH HGI & SUPER CSS

Post by fx800 »

Nothing catches my eyes today as most of the currencies outside +0.2/-0.2 appear to be heading towards the middle zone. However, my favourite short for the past few days i.e GJ may do something during the London session. Even though the yen is losing strength, it is still above +0.2 on H$ and D1 GJ slope strength is still -1.6. I am watching EUR with interest for next few days as it is rapidly rising recently on H4. It is still above +0.2 on D1. Many pundits are bullish for EURUSD, so if D1 slope value gets above +1, then it is a good pair to trade long on retraces.
Wavegarrick
Trader

CSS WITH HGI & SUPER CSS

Post by Wavegarrick »

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the excellent and informative explanation. A worthy read for anyone trading Baludas Super CSS manually or through an expert advisor. :good:

Once again, following wth interest.

Cheers
Leon
Hi Leon,

Thank you very much for your frequent contributions at SHF. I don't actually trade off the CSS extremes. Saying that yen is "top dog" was merely borrowing a phrase from one of Bob's previous postings. What is more important is the direction the yen was pointing recently i.e. towards the heavens, that is until yesterday when the strength appears to be waning. As I trade mainly H1 I also look at H1 CSS to confirm. The CSS tells me where to look for a trade on a particular day, only picking a couple of pairs to trade per day. So, if the USD is pointing southwards strongly, then I look to see which currency is pointing strongly upwards, and look for buy trades against the USD.

The crossover on D1 BALUDA'S SUPER CSS is the key. Only trade in the direction of D1 CSS and wait for D1 slope value of at least 1.0 before taking a trade. The trade trigger is H1 CSS (closed candle) changing to same colour as the D1 CSS. Pretty much similar to what everyone else is doing at the BALUDA'S SUPER CSS thread.

Seeing a currency crossing beyond +0.2/-0.2 on the D1 and H4 time frames helps to ensure the move has momentum and avoids entering a trade that moves sideways. As you know, sideways movement kill off trades using the Baluda indi. Also, for most currencies, I find the best time to trade is the start of Frankfurt and London till about 10.30am London time. TP around 10.30 am before the profits slowly disappear into the thin air as 11am approaches. Start again from 1 pm London time till London close. If there is hgh impact news for the day, I tend to wait 15 minutes to half an hour after the news before taking any trades. No trades before NFP and central banks setting interest days. May consider taking trades when the trends become clear after the news. I suppose pretty much similar to what everyone else is doing.

peter
fx800
Trader

CSS WITH HGI & SUPER CSS

Post by fx800 »

GBPJPY H1 22-8-2017 11.45HRS.png
The chart for GJ at 11.45 am London time. There was about 45 pips move after the 8am candle closed. If you look at the H4 CSS now, you can see the downward shift in yen has flattened slightly and GBP has turned tail again. H1 CSS shows the yen turning upwards and GBP turning down. I certainly did not anticipate that and did not take the trade. You can see that I also have a WI CSS indi on my chart even though I use D1 for direction. The reason is very simple. Where D1 and W1 are of the same colour, the chances of a successful trade is much higher and I may consider a bigger lot size. Using both to filter all trades will probably filter out too many good trades.
fx800
Trader

CSS WITH HGI & SUPER CSS

Post by fx800 »

Just one word of warning about H1 CSS. The lines can change with the blink of an eye. I never use it to tell me where to look for trades. Like Bob I always use H4 or D1 CSS even for lower time frames trades like H1 or M15. However, when I trade H1, I would like the currencies to point in the same direction as the higher time frame CSS.
fx800
Trader

CSS WITH HGI & SUPER CSS

Post by fx800 »

D1 CSS 22-8-2017 3.png
Massive change in the direction of the yen following the rise in the US stock market overnight. The yen is turning sharply lower and the euro and usd turning upwards. I can see the euro crossing upwards of the yen in H4. So I expect the recent sell off in xxxjpy to reverse in the coming sessions.

This is where ea's using indicators fail because the lag in indicators. Some of my ea demos are still selling xxxjpy pairs. In such situations one has to trade from the naked chart as El Capitan teaches. There are W patterns on the H4 for EJ and UJ. If one waits for D1 BALUDA CSS INDI to turn blue, I think it will be too late.

The change in sentiment is news driven. This causes a change in risk appetite which in turn causes a change in the direction of the yen. We cannot expect ea's using indicators to respond to this instantly.

Health warning : the above comments are my personal views and are for educational purposes only and is NOT AN INVITATION to trade in any particular direction. ALWAYS TRADE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

P.S. For newbies, if you have not already done so, please visit El Capitan's forum here at SHF http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =59&t=1572. It will be the best investment in time you will ever make if you wish to learn to trade the forex market.

Return to “Nanningbob's Holy Grail Indicator forum”