Holy Graily Bob 'n Dotty 'n Peaky

EA's inspired by nanningbob's work here, especially those based on his 240 Moving Average trend detection filter.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

SERIOUS WARNING
  • Most Forex traders lose all their money.
  • Using the robot posted here in trading Forex does not guarantee success.
  • Trading this robot could lead to serious financial loss.
  • Trading this robot without understanding its underlying trading strategies guarantees traders will lose their money.
  • This is not a set-and-forget ea; there is no such thing and anyone who tries to claim there is, is either stupid or lying. This ea requires frequent manual intervention.
  • At best, a trading robot is only 90% as good as the manual strategy it trades. At best. At worst, it can be much less effective. If the strategy is rubbish, so is the robot.
  • To trade this robot, you have to understand:
MAKE SURE YOU READ THIS POST http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 41#p111241 There was a Forex bloodbath on Jan 15th 2015 that you need to know about.

I am going to call this one Peaky for short. You need to download two libraries because she will not run without them:
Peaky uses Sixths to create two trading areas: the buy area is below the lowest dotted yellow line; the sell area is above the highest dotted yellow line. The dashed line is a buffer placed PeakBufferPips from the two solid yellow lines.

Taking a W formation as an example Peaky:
  • identifies where the market entered the trading zone.
  • tracks the market down until a candle low touches/passes peak low:
    • this is the first leg of the W, so peaky draws in the line.
  • the second leg of the W is complete when a candle closes above the buffer line.
  • the third leg is complete when the market retraces and a candle closes below the buffer line.
  • the W formation is complete when the market rises again and a candle closes above the buffer line again.
Here is what the chart will look like:
As is.png
Here it is zoomed in so we can see the lines more clearly:
Zoomed in.png
Peaky will send the grid once she detects the W formation. We have all the usual trading choices along with two additional features. Using buys as the example:
  • the sell stop grid will start DistanceBetweenTradesPips below the solid peak low line.
  • Peaky can also send limit orders starting at the same price. The input is SendLimitOrders
All this is a tad on the rough and ready side; I have no doubt that the formation spotting code can be enhanced. There could be some bugs in the new code. Peaky might be a trading flop. We shall have to play with her and find out.

The default inputs are pure guesswork and are the ones I shall start with on the H1. I suggest members try different combinations so we can see what works.

Have fun folks.

:xm:

Matters of general interest
Go here to download and run the script that will fill your platform's missing chart history: http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... f=15&t=254
Read this post:
http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... p?f=6&t=78 Newbie traders, read this for inspiration and warning. Those of you who have suffered losses, read it for inspiration.

Masterly summary of hedging: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread. ... ost4977179

EA coding
I receive may requests to code EA's. Traders, if I code your EA for free, then I will share it here. If you want me to code your EA without sharing, then my fee is $100 payable into my paypal account. I explain why at http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... ?f=15&t=79, at the bottom of the post.

Useful utilities/EA's/scripts -

-
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
TraderJoeForex
Trader

Post by TraderJoeForex »

I like the look of this .. great idea Steve. Will have a play and see what I can come up with :good:
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

TraderJoeForex » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:43 pm wrote:I like the look of this .. great idea Steve. Will have a play and see what I can come up with :good:
Brilliant to see you her TJF.

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

Bismark
Trader

Post by Bismark »

Looking at the code,

you have a detection for wPatternFound

Code: Select all

if (!BuySignal)
         if (!SellSignal)
            if (!UseTrendHGI || HgiLongTrendDetected)
               if (!UseTradingTimeFrameHGI || HgiLongTradeTrigger)
                  if (!UseSixths || SixthsStatus == tradablelong)
                     if (!UseBuyLowSellHigh || combinedBlshStatus == tradablelong)
                        if (wPatternFound)   <-- ok
                           BuySignal = true;
but this is missing for the sell signal though for mPatternFound condition .

if (!SellSignal)
         if (!BuySignal)
            if (!UseTrendHGI || HgiShortTrendDetected)
               if (!UseTradingTimeFrameHGI || HgiShortTradeTrigger)
                  if (!UseSixths || SixthsStatus == tradableshort)
                     if (!UseBuyLowSellHigh || combinedBlshStatus == tradableshort)
                        SellSignal = true; 
SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

Bismark » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:09 am wrote:Looking at the code,

you have a detection for wPatternFound

etc
Oops. :oops: Thanks for that. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Fix in post 1. DIYers, the fix could not be simpler. Go to line 3511:
SellSignal = true;

Create a blank line above so that 3511 is empty. Insert
if (mPatternFound)
into the blank line you just created. The complete snippet will look like this:

if (!SellSignal)
         if (!BuySignal)
            if (!UseTrendHGI || HgiShortTrendDetected)
               if (!UseTradingTimeFrameHGI || HgiShortTradeTrigger)
                  if (!UseSixths || SixthsStatus == tradableshort)
                     if (!UseBuyLowSellHigh || combinedBlshStatus == tradableshort)
                        if (mPatternFound)
                           SellSignal = true; 

TraderJoeForex
Trader

Post by TraderJoeForex »

SteveHopwood » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:08 pm wrote: Brilliant to see you her TJF.

What I am thinking is if we send a grid based on daily ATR once the M's or W's from the first peak high or low of the week is reached on a lower timeframe like M15 and let price just do it's thing and run the grid during the rest of the week this could be very good. We know that most W1 candles are full and that price usually settles on a direction sometime during Tuesday so catching that sweet spot to launch a grid would be awesome. Going to try and find some examples today....
Last edited by TraderJoeForex on Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TraderJoeForex
Trader

Post by TraderJoeForex »

I've used the peak high low indi just on trading timeframe M15 to identify some opportunities.. going to put this EA on these charts and see what happens this week...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TraderJoeForex
Trader

Post by TraderJoeForex »

USDCAD first leg of an M forming...
SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

Latest version is in post 1. There is no need to download it if you already have the existing working version.

Explanation at http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 50#p152650

zyx
Trader

Post by zyx »

Fantastic idea Steve

I'm just brainstorming right now, but do you think there would be a reasonably simple way to implement this into trading manual zones? I miss quite a few entries due to price falling short of my zone, but if the EA could somehow activate within a certain range of my zones it would cut down on a lot of the missed entries.
euh4.png
euh1.png

Return to “Thingy Bob EA's”