Holy Graily Bob 'n 'n Dotty 'n Pivots

EA's inspired by nanningbob's work here, especially those based on his 240 Moving Average trend detection filter.
Wavegarrick
Trader

Post by Wavegarrick »

Hi Guys whenever I open a thread I get logged out an when I post a message I get logged out. Any help is appreciated :?

Cheers
Leon
milanese
TechAdmin

Post by milanese »

Wavegarrick » Tue May 02, 2017 12:57 pm wrote:Hi Guys whenever I open a thread I get logged out an when I post a message I get logged out. Any help is appreciated :?

Cheers
Leon
You must accept cookies and when you do the log-in select Log me on automatically each visit that's it...

Cheers :)

Tommaso
Global Prime is the official SHF broker :yahoo:
Searching for Servers and Workstations with individual configuration?
Just PM
:smile: Click here to go to the BoardKnowledgeBase
NOTE: Cookies and JavaScript are required for the using the board, with full functionality
Wavegarrick
Trader

Post by Wavegarrick »

Crumbs,

One of my blonde moments :smile:

Thanks so much Tommaso
bazze

Post by bazze »

Wavegarrick » Tue May 02, 2017 1:46 pm wrote:
.You mean that you set the "Stop Trading" to true when the EA have opened it's trades? (I'm a slow learner :smile: .)
No Bazze.

Let me try and explain in a simple chronological way for you.
The template attached is what you load on a seperate chart. I attach It to EURCHF because I don't trade this pair. This is your HGBnPivot dashboard Ea. The dashboard merely opens the chart template for you. It does not trade. It tells you which pairs are in a long trend and vice versa in a short trend.
If you set "automatechart opening and closing" to true it will open all charts specified as being in a long or short trend.
After all my charts have automatically opened I immediately set "automatechart opening and closing" to false, because I dont want the ea to open or close more charts in the session. You will quickly see my reasoning behind this.

Must be loaded into your platform templates folder.

Here is my Ea template which the dashboard is linked to. You dont need to open the chart for this. The dashboard Ea will automatically load this template

Must be loaded into your platform templates folder

I look at my basket as whole before I decide to close. I use one of Steve's close all scripts if I want to manually intervene. Right now my basket is siting at 69 pips drawdown and I have 52 pips in profit targets that were reached. I will leave this for New York. Nothing to panic about.

Pm me if you are still unsure.

Cheers
Leon
Thank you soooo much, WG :good: Now it's more Clear to me :geek: ...
saintalan
Trader

Post by saintalan »

Have removed this post, think I was trying too much at one time.

Apologies

Cheers

Alan
Last edited by saintalan on Sat May 06, 2017 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wavegarrick
Trader

Post by Wavegarrick »

Hi Guys,

I have manually traded this system for many years now, thanks to Nanningbob and never in my wildest dreams would I envisage results with a system that used to give me a few hundred pips over a month period if I was in good form and of course with the coding brilliance that Steve brings to us, well what can I say. Simply too good for a manual trader to gauge with split second descisions over many charts.

I can live with this :smile:
EURCHFMonthly 040517.png
This weeks results:
EURCHFMonthly a040517.png
As you can see generally good across the board with the exception of Audchf which smacked me with a sudden reversal and also happens to carry most of the losses for the week.

I march on with pivots and am very pleased :smile:

Cheers
Leon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
saintalan
Trader

Post by saintalan »

Fantastic Leon, you have really worked hard to get that.

I am stumbling along behind you, it's hard getting to grips with all this stuff but think you are right about this combo here and I am getting there day by day.

Cheers

Alan
rapple
Trader

Post by rapple »

Hi Leon

Really nice results. I am also running both Steve and your setfile which are showing great returns :clap: :clap: :clap:

However I think we need to be cautious :youknow: :

I have been finding that a number of my setfiles (including Flying Buddha), especially those using CSS to check for Weekly and Daily trend, have been showing excellent returns over the last month (and especially yesterday) and I am thinking that we likely in a honeymoon period. I am actually looking forward to a market reversal to see how these setfiles handle the 'leaky toilet' phase. Lets hope these current gains far out-way any reversal

Kind regards Richard
Wavegarrick
Trader

Post by Wavegarrick »

Thanks so much Alan and Richard.
However I think we need to be cautious :youknow: :

I have been finding that a number of my setfiles (including Flying Buddha), especially those using CSS to check for Weekly and Daily trend, have been showing excellent returns over the last month (and especially yesterday) and I am thinking that we likely in a honeymoon period. I am actually looking forward to a market reversal to see how these setfiles handle the 'leaky toilet' phase. Lets hope these current gains far out-way any reversal
Very good advice indeed Richard. Interestingly Eurusd is close to its psychological barrier of 1.10000 and yet we have unfinished business with the opening gap some 250 pips down. GbpUsd is close to 1.30000 and the list goes on and on. Interesting days ahead indeed ;) I have seen what can happen when the markets turn on a dime and AudChf was one good example.

Therefore, we are at a very critical juncture.... The Ea has not been tested under various market conditions yet as Richard correctly points out. Please do not trade this Live.

Good luck with NFP today and of course not forgetting the French elections this weekend.

Cheers
Leon
acostafulano
Trader

Post by acostafulano »

HI Leon,

Are these results using DIAD trading?
Wavegarrick » Thu May 04, 2017 11:28 am wrote:Hi Guys,

I have manually traded this system for many years now, thanks to Nanningbob and never in my wildest dreams would I envisage results with a system that used to give me a few hundred pips over a month period if I was in good form and of course with the coding brilliance that Steve brings to us, well what can I say. Simply too good for a manual trader to gauge with split second descisions over many charts.

I can live with this :smile:

This weeks results:

As you can see generally good across the board with the exception of Audchf which smacked me with a sudden reversal and also happens to carry most of the losses for the week.

I march on with pivots and am very pleased :smile:

Cheers
Leon

Return to “Thingy Bob EA's”