Peaky

The place for Peaky and Peaky-related stuff.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Peaky

Post by SteveHopwood »

renexxxx » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:47 pm wrote:May be this discussion should be continued on the Peaky on Steroids thread.
Good plan. Please do - I welcome it there.

Peaky and PoS are different beasts even though PoS can be traded a la Peaky. The addition of the extra time frames changes the ball game quite a lot - the whole point of my creating PoS.

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
cozybooks
Trader

Peaky

Post by cozybooks »

SteveHopwood » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:53 pm wrote:A brief interjection before leaving you guys to carry on amongst yourselves.

Most of the latest posts here show a fundamental misunderstanding of what Peaky is about. I remind you guys that she is an automation of how I have been trading manually since about the middle of February. She is not one of the usual hopeful off-the-cuff experiments that I normally code.

Before suggesting 'improvements' consider this: I am several months ahead of you guys here. You think you have something better that I can code? Prove it. Run a demo with offsetting along side a demo with Peaky and prove that offsetting is beneficial and I will listen. Peaky is a tireless EA whilst you are mere pathetic mortals who need to sleep, so some block-by-block-of-trades proof will be sufficient. No need to provide an entire account to account comparison.

I am not being harshly critical here - I guess you guys know me well enough to know when I am sticking the boot in. I merely think you are barking at the wrong moon.

Feel free to continue to discuss this here. Just do not expect engagement from me. Peaky is doing what I want her to do, so my work here is done; I shall not interfere.

Also, anyone wants to hack Peaky's code and add in offsetting for experimental purposes, fee free to do so. Have fun along the way.

Steve, I think most of us definitely had/have a fundamental misunderstanding of Peaky. Peaky challenges you to think of trading in a totally different way. I went through this myself, searching for charts where Peaky got into trouble and then trying to figure out offsetting trades to compensate. But Peaky doesn't stop us from running different strategies at the same time. I'm testing a demo in FGBnDnSSnFB that I hope to trade live at some point that trades totally differently from Peaky. I have another live manual strategy that trades on breaks of the sixths lines that is almost totally opposite from Peaky.

A robin built a nest under our overhanging deck, and every time we walk by at ground level she dive bombs us to protect her babies. When she was dive bombing me over the weekend, and I was thinking of basic survival tactics to keep this tiny robin from endangering my life, I suddenly thought to myself, "Why am I trying to figure out ways to use these other strategies to offset Peaky? If these other strategies are money makers, why wouldn't I just run them on their own and let them bank their profits while waiting patiently for Peaky to do her thing, sometimes cashing in quickly, sometimes taking a little bit of time, sometimes taking a very long time.

Now it's highly likely that I am still totally misunderstanding Peaky :lol: - my wife ( a true saint to be with me for thirty years) reminds me every day how good I am at misunderstanding basic concepts - but I know I'm done looking for trades to use to offset Peaky trades.

Thanks for bringing Peaky to us!

:party:
Holbroom
Trader

Peaky

Post by Holbroom »

Steve, you are a genius! Thank you for creating this for us all to use.
eaymon
Trader

Peaky

Post by eaymon »

Thanks Steve for putting this together. when i first saw 'POS' i thought you were referring to a different acronym :)

So i have a broker that overwrites the comments. I got your wonderful message :P

Other than switching brokers, is there any way around this?
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Peaky

Post by SteveHopwood »

eaymon » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:13 am wrote:Thanks Steve for putting this together. when i first saw 'POS' i thought you were referring to a different acronym :)

So i have a broker that overwrites the comments. I got your wonderful message :P

Other than switching brokers, is there any way around this?
I think you meant this to go in the PoS thread, so nope.

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

SteveHopwood
Owner

Peaky

Post by SteveHopwood »

I have uploaded to post 1 a version that fixes the bloop the Kopan spotted in the PoS thread.

c1borg
Trader

Peaky

Post by c1borg »

I am using Peaky and nicely in profit on EURAUD :good:
1.png
Wait for 100 pips take first profit and hope for retrace correct?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SteveHopwood
Owner

Peaky

Post by SteveHopwood »

c1borg » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:50 am wrote:I am using Peaky and nicely in profit on EURAUD :good:

Wait for 100 pips take first profit and hope for retrace correct?
A decent sized retrace will allow you to enter the trade again - always great when that happens. If not, you sit on your hands until the market makes a new low and look to enter long.

c1borg
Trader

Peaky

Post by c1borg »

SteveHopwood » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:23 am wrote: A decent sized retrace will allow you to enter the trade again - always great when that happens. If not, you sit on your hands until the market makes a new low and look to enter long.

Excellent already +50 so hopefully should close my first profit soon :yahoo:
c1borg
Trader

Peaky

Post by c1borg »

You certainly need patience but should get some pips soon :good:
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Peaky forum”