Awesome - original version

The place for Peaky and Peaky-related stuff.
billv
Trader

Post by billv »

Hi Steve
Nice EA :good:
Last edited by billv on Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
Wiggy1965
Trader

Post by Wiggy1965 »

Hi Guys,

I'm using version 1q of "Awesome - Original version" (I just like saying that)

Has anybody noticed problems with the Recovery function...?

I have the following setting (I hope I'm using correctly. The documentation seems clear and I'm aware of Steve's 2to1 suggestion, however I'm working on tuning the EA on two scenario, recovery with 5 trades in the market and I only want 100 pips TP and give 1 trade in DD to the market, this requires only about a 80% recovery)
awesome recovery 1.jpg
I had 5 x Euro trades open (long) with 4 in profit and 1 a little in DD. I was watching "TradeReport" the and the Euro trades blew straight through 100pips and was closed by my Symbol take profit @ about 150pips.

Not sure if there is any problems with the recovery function, so I thought I would ask other for their experience....I have been tweaking the recovery setting over the last couple of days, and as I noticed Euro starting to recover this afternoon, I double check my recovery setting and even replaced(reloaded) the EA on my chart about 40min before the trades finally closed. I did also at the time change recover TP from 75 to 100 pips.

Wiggy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gertje
Trader

Post by Gertje »

Wiggy1965 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:52 am wrote:Hi Guys,

I have the following setting (I hope I'm using correctly. The documentation seems clear and I'm aware of Steve's 2to1 suggestion, however I'm working on tuning the EA on two scenario, recovery with 5 trades in the market and I only want 100 pips TP and give 1 trade in DD to the market, this requires only about a 80% recovery)

I had 5 x Euro trades open (long) with 4 in profit and 1 a little in DD. I was watching "TradeReport" the and the Euro trades blew straight through 100pips and was closed by my Symbol take profit @ about 150pips.

Not sure if there is any problems with the recovery function, so I thought I would ask other for their experience....I have been tweaking the recovery setting over the last couple of days, and as I noticed Euro starting to recover this afternoon, I double check my recovery setting and even replaced(reloaded) the EA on my chart about 40min before the trades finally closed. I did also at the time change recover TP from 75 to 100 pips.

Wiggy
Not sure about Awesome, but with PoS, the recoverypips is per trade.
With 5 trades, you aim for 500pips before recovery closes the lot.
In your case, try enter "20" for the recoverypips.
Wiggy1965
Trader

Post by Wiggy1965 »

Excellent, I'll give it a go..!

I have Swissy trying to recover, so good candidate...

Wiggy
Gertje » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:35 pm wrote:
Wiggy1965 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:52 am wrote:Hi Guys,

Wiggy
Not sure about Awesome, but with PoS, the recoverypips is per trade.
With 5 trades, you aim for 500pips before recovery closes the lot.
In your case, try enter "20" for the recoverypips.
Wiggy1965
Trader

Post by Wiggy1965 »

Gertje, that worked perfectly, see below....Although, it was Yen pair, not Swissy....Swissy may recover tonight if we get down to 9872....we have to get through some support around the 9880 area though...This may be one of those cases where I intervene, as the EA has not concept of support and resistance and could wait a week for it to push through, or it could bounce off and long in to big DD...
Awesome Recovery 3.jpg
Awesome Recovery 2.jpg
Wiggy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wiggy1965
Trader

Post by Wiggy1965 »

Hi Guys,

Just trying to confirm what indicator I need to put on my chart to show me what Awesome is seeing from a Super Slope point of view. The reason I ask, is I appear to be getting conflicting signals on Swissy, with AE indicating Blue (long) and the current indicator I'm using suggesting short. see just below.
awesome terminal 1.jpg
and
awsome ss indi 1.jpg
I currently have "Baluda.SuperSlope.v.2.2" install on my Swissy chart and I believe I have the same setting as come with Awesome v1q OOTB. see below.
Indicator Setting
SS indicator 1.jpg
and EA SS setting are are below.
aweseom ss setting 1.jpg
I hope I using this thing correctly, any help would be appreciated.

Wiggy
Gertje
Trader

Post by Gertje »

Wiggy1965 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:49 am wrote:Gertje, that worked perfectly.
Wiggy
Good to hear.
Glad I could assist.
c1borg
Trader

Post by c1borg »

My Dclay 1m H4PeakHiLo730 closed all the AUDUSD trades, anyone got any ideas why?
Capture.PNG
As you can see all in drawdown but all buy trades and AUDUSD started to head up today currently Peaky Long and SS Blue? No FB H4 indication atm.
Capture1.png
Setfile attached ive looked and looked but cannot find the reason any help appreciated here is the journal entry for one of the trade closures
2017.11.23 02:00:04.673 Notifications: 'order #89902026 buy 0.01 AUDUSD at 0.76556 closed at price 0.76113, H4 PeakHiLo730, profit: -3.32 GBP' sent to '737E3660'
Aw 1m V1.set
Wiggy1965
Trader

Post by Wiggy1965 »

What comments do you have in the expert tab, just before all trades close...?
c1borg » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:22 pm wrote:My Dclay 1m H4PeakHiLo730 closed all the AUDUSD trades, anyone got any ideas why?

As you can see all in drawdown but all buy trades and AUDUSD started to head up today currently Peaky Long and SS Blue? No FB H4 indication atm.

Setfile attached ive looked and looked but cannot find the reason any help appreciated here is the journal entry for one of the trade closures
2017.11.23 02:00:04.673 Notifications: 'order #89902026 buy 0.01 AUDUSD at 0.76556 closed at price 0.76113, H4 PeakHiLo730, profit: -3.32 GBP' sent to '737E3660'
c1borg
Trader

Post by c1borg »

Wiggy1965 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:54 am wrote:What comments do you have in the expert tab, just before all trades close...?
Capture.PNG

Return to “Peaky forum”