Awesome - original version

The place for Peaky and Peaky-related stuff.
c1borg
Trader

Post by c1borg »

I would like your comments/ideas I have been running this version of Dclay H4 PeakHiLo system since Oct 24th, As you can see good profits but sitting on some significant drawdown, My question is would you start reducing the drawdown by using some of the profit or wait for the recovery which could be weeks or even months away? This account was started with just £373 btw :yahoo:
Capture.PNG
The majority of the trades are in AUDCAD (I know Dclay avoids trading this) and USDJPY
Capture1.png
I have also been running other modified systems :youknow: and found a significant correlation between fill the gap trades and drawdown which I will post as soon as I can.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
billv
Trader

Post by billv »

c1borg » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:46 pm wrote:I would like your comments/ideas I have been running this version of Dclay H4 PeakHiLo system since Oct 24th, As you can see good profits but sitting on some significant drawdown, My question is would you start reducing the drawdown by using some of the profit or wait for the recovery which could be weeks or even months away? This account was started with just £373 btw :yahoo:
Ok here is my opinion.

Personally I don't like the AUDCAD short and I would close the trades one by one
but you should know that I'm biased because I only trade this pair long. :smile:

I would keep the USDJPY trades open because you are collecting swap and the US are likely to increase interest rates further this year so IMO there is good potential for full recovery.
c1borg
Trader

Post by c1borg »

billv » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:08 am wrote:
Ok here is my opinion.

Personally I don't like the AUDCAD short and I would close the trades one by one
but you should know that I'm biased because I only trade this pair long. :smile:

I would keep the USDJPY trades open because you are collecting swap and the US are likely to increase interest rates further this year so IMO there is good potential for full recovery.
Just what I was thinking looking at the charts.
billv
Trader

Post by billv »

c1borg » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:42 pm wrote: Just what I was thinking looking at the charts.
Actually looking at the monthly chart, and considering the large number of -ve pips it might be worth closing all trades. Some people actually close all trades every Friday and this stops -ve trades from getting out of control.

Another thing you could do would be to isolate these pairs and start trading a new EA with different magic numbers for your other pairs.

For the recovery, you could remove all other currency pairs from the EA list and leave only those 2 and run the EA with recovery settings, For example you could set symbol profit to -10 or any profit number acceptable to you and if the market swings back enough the trades would close.

All the best.
c1borg
Trader

Post by c1borg »

Excellent advice thanks :hi:
grodzinski

Post by grodzinski »

Hi Fellow Traders,
I have been silently testing the Awesome EA for couple of months, trying to understand how it works
I truly appreciate all of you for sharing your knowledge.
I think this EA has great potential except one problem I am facing wondering if anyone could help.
I am using non basket set, H1, H4 TF, with close trades on oppositeFB, follow all signals, no fill the gap,
D1 SuperSlope

I don't understand why these sell trades were taken even though the SuperSlope is green, As I understand it should only look buy trades when SuperSlope is green. I am using Awesome v1r release.
Awesome2.png
Awesome1.png
SS_indicator.png
EURUSD.png
Regards
David
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

grodzinski » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:35 pm wrote:Hi Fellow Traders,
I have been silently testing the Awesome EA for couple of months, trying to understand how it works
I truly appreciate all of you for sharing your knowledge.
I think this EA has great potential except one problem I am facing wondering if anyone could help.
I am using non basket set, H1, H4 TF, with close trades on oppositeFB, follow all signals, no fill the gap,
D1 SuperSlope

I don't understand why these sell trades were taken even though the SuperSlope is green, As I understand it should only look buy trades when SuperSlope is green. I am using Awesome v1r release.

Regards
David
I have learned from grim and bitter experience not to beat myself up over this sort of thing. Assume for now that it is you doing something wrong and try to sort it out for yourself. I am quite good at this stuff these days.

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
nick_v

Post by nick_v »

He guys,

I thought it was time to break the silence. Besides that I'm probably a bit late in the game but wanted to share my results with you. At first I was trading the Dclaw 4 hour set but not happy with the DD. Especially not when I put it on a live account. Had some trouble sleeping :p
So I went on and started a new test with basket trading on the M1 and M15. Here is a link to the account https://www.fxblue.com/users/nick_v keep in mind that I was playing with the settings, from the 15th of january I had them about right how I wanted them. Drawdown is much lower now and some nice profits are showing :clap:
It is currently on my live account, trading 0.01 lots instead of 0.02 to lower the risk.
I'm using the SAPBM from milanese to handle the basket.

I really appreciate what you all are doing here!
billv
Trader

Post by billv »

nick_v » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:02 am wrote: keep in mind that I was playing with the settings, from the 15th of january I had them about right how I wanted them. Drawdown is much lower now and some nice profits are showing :clap:
It is currently on my live account, trading 0.01 lots instead of 0.02 to lower the risk.
I'm using the SAPBM from milanese to handle the basket.
You have gone live with only 1 month of data?
You are brave :hi:
Do you close losing baskets every week or do you wait till they all become profitable?
What is your plan for when things go wrong?
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

billv » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:35 pm wrote: You have gone live with only 1 month of data?
I will go live after only one week of data. Usually I am proven wrong but there is only one realistic way of testing a trading concept/EA and anyone who imagines that demo trading is it is dreaming. GP do their best but demo is demo and live trading is live trading. The two are a long way apart on GP and light years apart on your average so-called 'broker' i.e. 'criminal'.

Did I do enough here to separate GP from the criminals? Just to make sure: GP are genuine brokers that we can trust with our family fortunes. The rest are not. Most of the rest are criminals.

I shall stop digging now.

:xm: :rocket:

Beyond the digging bit comes this: trade Forex initially as a game with tiny accounts you can cheerfully afford to lose.

Only ever open a live account with spare money. Don't have any spare money? Don't trade Forex.
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.

Return to “Peaky forum”