Under the hood of HGI (was: New HGI MTF history indicator)

Includes an archive of all previous Bob stuff
tomele
Administrator

Post by tomele »

Hi.

Buffers 8,9,10,11 are used for intern calculations and not shown on the chart. The black that you see is simply the chart background (no buffer shown).

Cheers
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate
oldfella
Trader

Post by oldfella »

Hi Tomele,

Been watching the (MTF HGI bars) indicator since you let us see it, and I have noted that even if you only follow the current and the next higher TF, when they are in sync there are pips to be made. It is best when the next higher TF leads and is followed by the current TF, and spectactular when all TF's are in sync.

Have just noted that it pays to be careful around the market opening times as although the indicator TF's are all in sync, the trade can reverse before a change occurs in the indicator. For example today with the Dow at 16.00 the 5,15,60 TF just became in sync, so as expected it dropped 15pips but then reversed and went up 60 pips in 20 mins until 16.40. (USA open at 16.30 in UK)

So although (MTF HGI bars) is a good indicator of direction it might be prudent to use additional indication such as a very fast Stochastic, I use a 8,5,5 with a linear weighted MA

Going to Demo trade it for a month and if that proves OK will then try it on my live account.

Regards
Oldfella
mooniemoo

Post by mooniemoo »

This is aka fire
Thank you , I am new here. This is the final piece of puzzle for me

I am using HGI Blue wavy which is big arrow for direction
Only taking trades with momentum in direction of bcci small arrow
With bcci or HGI trend arrow and exit with range wavy or other side bcci

Saw this trade candle by candle worked out beautifully
I'll forward test this but if anyone wants to test with me or needs any help than no worries
since iam new i didn't want to attach bcci mq4 or my template yet without permission from moderators but happy to share and help if allowed and big thanks again for this awesome tool
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

mooniemoo » Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:46 pm wrote: I'll forward test this but if anyone wants to test with me or needs any help than no worries
since iam new i didn't want to attach bcci mq4 or my template yet without permission from moderators but happy to share and help if allowed and big thanks again for this awesome tool
Please go ahead and post both. We welcome thinkers at SHF.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
mooniemoo

Post by mooniemoo »

Cheers
My rules would be Entry only with HGI trend signal (green or red dot) or bcci arrow
Entry would be in direction of blue waavy (and also bcci arrow if entry taken with hgi trend signal)
Exit with yellow range waavy or opposite bcci signal
If day trading entry only after asian close till newyork london overlap and on 15 mins or 30 mins chart
4 hours for swing same rules

mtf hgi bars v1 i actually came across a russian forum where someone was asking for mtf feature to have an option for to be turned off that is how i found this forum and bcci indicator again found from another forum.

plan is to trade with momentum and take pips and run away in momentum hence rules, hope it makes sense or helps. HGI just makes it so easy for direction and momentum , terrific tool, thanks again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
c1borg
Trader

Post by c1borg »

Looks interesting any chance when you have time to point out the various indicators on your example chart and what they do?
lemur6666
Trader

Post by lemur6666 »

Whatever they do, that does not really matter. They look super-cool. :youknow:
sangratan
Trader

Post by sangratan »

Hi,
after to have read all the thread I tryed to use MTF HGI Bars,
but when I attach it on the chart the journal writes that it has expired,
I have checked for libreries files and it seems all right ,in the allow DLL import box too.
I don't know what happens......
What I am doing wrong ? May be I loose some part of this tread or others where unfolds this problem ?
Sorry for this newbie question,I hope for some help ....
many thanks
sangratan
Trader

Post by sangratan »

Solved.....thanks anyway and sorry ...

Return to “Nanningbob's Holy Grail Indicator forum”