My Peak HiLo indi

The place for Peaky and Peaky-related stuff.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

My Peak HiLo indi

Post by SteveHopwood »

icog » Mon May 06, 2019 11:08 am wrote:Hello Steve,
off topic: As this is my first post here i would like to thank you for the way you share the experience accumulated with the years as a developer and trader. I hope this brings you not only moral but also solid financial satisfaction. All the best for you and your family, people like you and the other active members of this forum deserve respect and a place in the digital age memorial (when created) :).

on topic: I spent 2 weeks reading and experimenting mostly with Peak HiLo and I think there is something in the documentation on the indicator. When we use a different division of the zones, for example 3, does this change the levels of the signals sent to Tdesk? The new lines on the chart reflect the changes correctly, but the signals sent seems to continue to work on a 6-zone basis. Attached are some screenshots in real time. I only work in one timeframe (trade) the rest are disabled. You can see both pairs have "flat" signal but they are in the upper zone which should be a short signal.

If this is something that requires big modifications i am ready to pay for your effort.
Thanks for your kind words. The others who spend so much time developing such fantastic stuff here will appreciate them as well. :clap: :clap: :clap:

The problem might be caused by you doing something wrong, or you may have highlighted something that has not come to light because nobody else has tested your chart division setup. I will have a look at the code and see if I have missed anything.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
icog

My Peak HiLo indi

Post by icog »

I shell do some more testing with Peak HiLo only and different chart setups, will get back with the results tomorrow. I read almost everything about it and PoS, dont remember anyone mentioned using different number of zones then 6.
icog

My Peak HiLo indi

Post by icog »

Well it took a little bit longer but i think i found why the signals become a mess when the chart is divided on number different then 6.

//Adjust the signal if AllowSignalFlip is set.
if (AllowSignalFlip)
{
//Send a LONG signal when the market is in the lowest two sixths
double longTradeZone = currentPeakLow + (tradingLineDistance * 2);
if (Bid < longTradeZone)
signal = LONG;

//Send a SHORT signal when the market is in the highest two sixths
double shortTradeZone = currentPeakHigh - (tradingLineDistance * 2);
if (Bid > shortTradeZone)
signal = SHORT;

Earlier you define:

tradingLineDistance = (currentPeakHigh - currentPeakLow) / ChartDivisor

So if the zones are 3, tradingLineDistance will be calculated correctly, but tradingLineDistance*2 will be 2/3 of the chart and longTradeZone and shortTradeZone will overlap in the middle 1/3 of the chart.

And all of this does not really matter for me, because its the same if i will use 1/3 or 2/6 of the chart (it took me 2 days to figure it out! :arrrg: :arrrg: :arrrg:

I really hope i did not say something very stupid, my programming skills are strongly limited to Basic and Pascal, if somebody has idea what is this.

All the best!
isabek
Trader

My Peak HiLo indi

Post by isabek »

Hi, Steve!

At this moment I am trying to learn Peaky.

One time, you have said that you manually decreased number of bars for Peaky, cause of huge movement of aud and jpy.

Do any of users have any clues how to do it automatically, or even have any ideas how to improve of detection of peaks and specifically number of bars.

Made a reverse version of Peaky but seems it works worser.

BR,

Isabek.
Last edited by isabek on Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
dndimov

My Peak HiLo indi

Post by dndimov »

Hi every one,
I am curious is there any rules or connection for TP pips and cycles in time frames?
for example:
1M in 15M cycle we look for 10-20pips
1H in 4H cycle for 50-100pips
4H in 1W for 200 and up
And is it OK and meaningful to have 3 diferent working terminals for each couple of cycle?
I make some test, but for short period only this week. Here is results they look similar to the pips.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

My Peak HiLo indi

Post by SteveHopwood »

isabek » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:20 pm wrote:Hi, Steve!

At this moment I am trying to learn Peaky.
Not rocket science. Or is your status as someone whose contributions are to be trusted a mistake?
One time, you have said that you manually decreased number of bars for Peaky, cause of huge movement of aud and jpy.
Don't remember this. Certainly would not do this today. I am not sure you understand the basic simplicity of Peaky. Don't even have bad dreams about asking me about it - you will not enjoy my reaction. Read the damn user guide. Properly.
Do any of users have any clues how to do it automatically, or even have any ideas how to improve of detection of peaks and specifically number of bars.
This is meaningless nonsense. Please learn to post intelligently before posting again. Bear in mind that I do not really mean, "Please". I am seriously starting to doubt your status here.
Made a reverse version of Peaky but seems it works worser.
Of course it bloody well works worse, you idiot. Get a grip on something that remotely resembles sanity.

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

SteveHopwood
Owner

My Peak HiLo indi

Post by SteveHopwood »

dndimov » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:17 am wrote:Hi every one,
I am curious is there any rules or connection for TP pips and cycles in time frames?
for example:
1M in 15M cycle we look for 10-20pips
1H in 4H cycle for 50-100pips
4H in 1W for 200 and up
No. Invent your own.
And is it OK and meaningful to have 3 diferent working terminals for each couple of cycle?
I make some test, but for short period only this week. Here is results they look similar to the pips.
OK, yes. Meaningful, how the hell should we know?

Do some thinking for yourself fella. SHF is not the place for lazy dimwits wanting to freeload on the backs of the efforts of others.

SteveHopwood
Owner

My Peak HiLo indi

Post by SteveHopwood »

Let my last two replies serve as a warning folks. If you post like a moron once, I will be exceptionally rude to you.

Post like a moron twice, and I will remove your ability to post at all.

Do your own thinking, people. I have not devoted the last 13 years of my life to this stuff merely so that morons can ask stupid questions.

You are new here and did not read my Welcome message properly? Think again.

dndimov

My Peak HiLo indi

Post by dndimov »

SteveHopwood » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:39 am wrote:Let my last two replies serve as a warning folks. If you post like a moron once, I will be exceptionally rude to you.

Post like a moron twice, and I will remove your ability to post at all.

Do your own thinking, people. I have not devoted the last 13 years of my life to this stuff merely so that morons can ask stupid questions.

You are new here and did not read my Welcome message properly? Think again.

Sorry Steve,
Next time I will try to post more meaningful stuff :good: . I know that you became so angry
about morons and stupid question :smile: . I am respected and grateful from you and your works and all this time spend, to share this with us. I apologize once again.

With respect Dndimov
TableTop
Trader

My Peak HiLo indi

Post by TableTop »

Just wanted to say thanks to Steve for this indicator. I'm new to automated trading and mostly still testing systems.

I had assumed (yes I know what that does) that Peaky was just to help EAs figure out up from down and didn't really consider it for manual analysis. However, it's made its way onto a few charts and templates that I use for manual analysis. This weekend I've been running back over previous trades and noticed how powerful this indicator can be. I still have more analysis to do but I can see a number of previous trades where I could have done things differently (mainly not entered). This may mean fewer (but higher probability) trades which suits my approach to trading.

This tool is extremely simple to use, and as they say, simplicity is the ultimate sophistication (or something like that).

Return to “Peaky forum”