Awesome + SS version

The place for Peaky and Peaky-related stuff.
c1borg
Trader

Awesome + SS version

Post by c1borg »

Sorry for the late reply, no not using the setfile in post 1. I dont have duplicates anymore thanks to your help :hi: however there are still issues this trade wouldnt go away even though the daily profit had been reached :cry: .
Phone screen shot
2018-10-10 12.37.52.jpg
I think its time to take my ideas into TDesk and Desky :good: AwesomeSS has been great for testing and I have a successful live account running with manual interventions to correct the bloops. But its not going to be the answer for full automation.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
billv
Trader

Awesome + SS version

Post by billv »

c1borg » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:47 pm wrote: I think its time to take my ideas into TDesk and Desky :good: AwesomeSS has been great for testing and I have a successful live account running with manual interventions to correct the bloops. But its not going to be the answer for full automation.
Trading this strategy means that once in a while we are going to get caught with DD and therefore manual intervention will be required. :youknow:
The amount of intervention depends on our account size and our SNF (sleep of the night factor).
I have been trading a similar strategy live for some years now and it makes regular money but the DD is inevitable. We have to accept it and to create an intervention plan for when the DD comes.

Some people isolate pairs which misbehave and start fresh trading in the same account using different pairs and different magic numbers but we have to be careful with our settings so that there are no conflicts between OLD and NEW trades and we have to make sure our EA supports closures based on magic numbers.

I haven't isolated any pairs yet, I usually add pending orders to the pairs which have large DD
and I use my BE indi to see where BE falls on the chart.
http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =27&t=5535
(I use V2.4e From post 227)

I then draw 1H trendlines to determine the potential retracement zone of the pair.
This way I can see if my expected retracement will be enough for trade recovery.
The EA does the rest.

:!!: :!!: :!!:
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Awesome + SS version

Post by SteveHopwood »

c1borg » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:47 am wrote: I think its time to take my ideas into TDesk and Desky :good: AwesomeSS has been great for testing and I have a successful live account running with manual interventions to correct the bloops. But its not going to be the answer for full automation.
I agree. This is not to say that AwesomeSS is a bad EA - far from it. It is not to say that people should stop testing AwesomeSS either. Keep on testing folks.

Thingy is though that SHF has entered a whole new era of trading. The likes of you and I and all the hundreds of other quality contributors have led us here and somehow managed accidentally to set the scene for a genius to create our new era.

We lack Thomas' genius but we can be pretty damn proud of ourselves for setting up the scenario where he can flourish.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
Wavegarrick
Trader

Awesome + SS version

Post by Wavegarrick »

We lack Thomas' genius but we can be pretty damn proud of ourselves for setting up the scenario where he can flourish.
Well said Steve :yahoo:
c1borg
Trader

Awesome + SS version

Post by c1borg »

Agreed well said Steve :good:
c1borg
Trader

Awesome + SS version

Post by c1borg »

I have not abandoned this EA and I am testing a new TDesk/Desky version will post as soon as I have some good meaningful tests :hi:

In my opinion its still one of the best EA's on SHF and after trying several other ideas have decided to come back and develop it further using our new tools :smile:
Capture6.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
c1borg
Trader

Awesome + SS version

Post by c1borg »

Update
Capture1.png
laharjaya
Trader

Awesome + SS version

Post by laharjaya »

sorry bro ... i am not so clear how to running awesome by using Tdesk ...

maybe u can share some guide ...
c1borg
Trader

Awesome + SS version

Post by c1borg »

Nice end to the week :good: but its doing 2% Daily rather than 1% and closing down, will look at this for next week. On the whole though pretty pleased :smile:
Capture.PNG
Z2TT

Awesome + SS version

Post by Z2TT »

Nice results. Looks very interesting and promising

From the posts I have read, this EA has a solid method of generating profit day by day.
The biggest issue is inevitable drawdowns, which we have been warned can kill most or all the profits made

While this EA has recovered large drawdowns, it is all possible the market can enter a phase where it is irrational longer than an account can stay solvent, this potentially can destroy years worth of work.

Hindsight of this doesn't exist in real-time. It only exists after it happens.

There was debate originally that advocated for stop losses, however it was argued that stop losses themselves could kill the account (or lack of). I believe there needs to be a way the EA can stop trading once market enters a deeply irrational mode, which may not be possible within the EA?

Billv made it clear manual intervention is a way to potentially avoid the deep draw downs.

Could the following idea work?

1. Run the EA in both live, and a demo account simultaneously.
2. Analyze the average drawdowns day to day, accept that as cost of doing business
3. When market enters deep drawdown well surpassing average DD, stop live account
4. Wait for demo account to recover once market goes back into a mode where EA can profit
5. Re-enable live account trading.

Return to “Peaky forum”