Wavegarrick's HGI Trading

Includes an archive of all previous Bob stuff
bogiahtc
Trader

Post by bogiahtc »

tomele » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:33 pm wrote:Probably missing history in the second terminal. Try this: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=6103&p=173234#p173234
Thank Thomas
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Wavegarrick
Trader

Post by Wavegarrick »

r1ch4rd » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:56 pm wrote:Hey Folks.

A quick and happy update from me. :smile:

I loaded the latest set onto an account last week with a slight modification (Global TP of 300pips).
So far I have had 2 basket closures. And it is currently running with -6 pips. :good:

Very well done Leon, excellent work. :clap: :clap:

Once again, thank you for sharing, you're a superstar.

Take care and stay safe.
Richard
Hi Richard,
This is what I like to see. By testing different exit strategies we can collectively see what will work best over time by comparing notes.
Well done :good:
Cheers
Leon
lemur6666
Trader

Post by lemur6666 »

r1ch4rd » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:56 am wrote:Hey Folks.

A quick and happy update from me. :smile:

I loaded the latest set onto an account last week with a slight modification (Global TP of 300pips).
So far I have had 2 basket closures. And it is currently running with -6 pips. :good:
Well done Richard ! :cheer: I started thinking likewise so you saved me a week or two. Thanks!
wallywonka
Trader

Post by wallywonka »

Just thought I'd throw up some observations, I Started this mid last week on a Live and Demo account.

Both accounts are in the negative, the live account doing worse, down about 7% and with a floating loss currently sitting at 10%. Entries on the losing trades don't appear to be the best and are happening at highs that perhaps Peaky would have prevented, might look into adding it into the mix.
trader689
Trader

Post by trader689 »

my demo (global prime) is a week old and similarly it also has losses both to the balance and negative open float. However very early days and we have only a small sample size of trades so far

trader
wallywonka » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:36 pm wrote:Just thought I'd throw up some observations, I Started this mid last week on a Live and Demo account.

Both accounts are in the negative, the live account doing worse, down about 7% and with a floating loss currently sitting at 10%. Entries on the losing trades don't appear to be the best and are happening at highs that perhaps Peaky would have prevented, might look into adding it into the mix.
Wavegarrick
Trader

Post by Wavegarrick »

trader689 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:25 am wrote:my demo (global prime) is a week old and similarly it also has losses both to the balance and negative open float. However very early days and we have only a small sample size of trades so far

trader
wallywonka » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:36 pm wrote:Just thought I'd throw up some observations, I Started this mid last week on a Live and Demo account.

I agree Trader,
This thing needs to be taken through its paces.
@ Wallywonka besides adding Peaky you can also try the feature that Steve has added to Sharky v 1R. The Ea will not open a trade if the price has moved more than 50% of ATR.viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6085&start=10#p173188
My current open trades.
Screenshot_1350.png
Total open and closed trades grow to 3000 pips. I am considering taking EurGbp off my system.
Screenshot_1351.png
Have a great week,
Cheers
Leon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lemur6666
Trader

Post by lemur6666 »

Leon,

Impressive results. What I am struggling with is your general setup. Especially your weekly OBV veto.

I did not know where to start with so I looked in your closed trade report. I have noticed that you have made gains on NZDCAD being short (5S) but now you are already in positive on open trades being 1B. Same applies to EURUSD - up on (6S) in closed trades, now positive on 1B.

I reverted back to your first post from OCt 14th. Your OBV Weekly was showing green arrows back then, and you already had been long EURUSD back than. And it is OK also as I have checked OBV on both EURUSD and EURCAD on W1.

What I cannot grasp is why OBV Weekly on your TDEKS's current open Trades shows RED arrow for OBV Weekly on USDJPY, while when I put OBV on Weekly USDJPY chart it is clearly Green arrow since Aug 2021... :arrrg:

Max
Wavegarrick
Trader

Post by Wavegarrick »

lemur6666 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:31 pm wrote:Leon,

Impressive results. What I am struggling with is your general setup. Especially your weekly OBV veto.

I did not know where to start with so I looked in your closed trade report. I have noticed that you have made gains on NZDCAD being short (5S) but now you are already in positive on open trades being 1B. Same applies to EURUSD - up on (6S) in closed trades, now positive on 1B.

I reverted back to your first post from OCt 14th. Your OBV Weekly was showing green arrows back then, and you already had been long EURUSD back than. And it is OK also as I have checked OBV on both EURUSD and EURCAD on W1.
What I cannot grasp is why OBV Weekly on your TDEKS's current open Trades shows RED arrow for OBV Weekly on USDJPY, while when I put OBV on Weekly USDJPY chart it is clearly Green arrow since Aug 2021... :arrrg:
Max
Max, I am afraid I am losing you in the first part of your post as I cannot answer for the past, so let's concentrate on UsdJpy.
From the chart, you can clearly see that OBV has changed to short from the 17th of October up to today.
My Usdjpy chart
Screenshot_1353.png
Which begs the question. What setting are you using for OBV?
In fact, I had a sell trade today which was closed for a few pips loss after OBV went back to a buy signal. This is one of the results I have from exploring exits. We are in perfect sell conditions as you can see from the chart, Peaky 1hr is lining up, Hgi 4hr is lining up and Daily superslope is lining up, but there will always be that unknown event that will make our indicators look stupid. Hence my weekly OBV indicator which is responsive but not too much to get out timeously.
Screenshot_1355.png
Screenshot_1354.png
Cheers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lemur6666
Trader

Post by lemur6666 »

Leon, Thanks for addictional Calrification and for the chart. You were right about the settings, despite re-downloading over and over , I kept my version on the chart with 5 days instead of 3 days you are using. So my apologies for confusing you and others.

Neverthless , I found OBV very hard to read from the chart, so I reworked it to display buffer 2 in the range of -1 to 1 instead, so visually you can see better if OBV is up or down. Hopefully it will be of any use to anyone.

Keep up the good work , and please keep us posted.

Max
Wavegarrick
Trader

Post by Wavegarrick »

lemur6666 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:30 pm wrote:Leon, Thanks for addictional Calrification and for the chart. You were right about the settings, despite re-downloading over and over , I kept my version on the chart with 5 days instead of 3 days you are using. So my apologies for confusing you and others.

Neverthless , I found OBV very hard to read from the chart, so I reworked it to display buffer 2 in the range of -1 to 1 instead, so visually you can see better if OBV is up or down. Hopefully it will be of any use to anyone.

Keep up the good work , and please keep us posted.

Max
Thanks, Max,
Makes visualizing much better :good:
Cheers
Leon

Return to “Nanningbob's Holy Grail Indicator forum”