Holy Graily Candle Bob

EA's inspired by nanningbob's work here, especially those based on his 240 Moving Average trend detection filter.
wallywonka
Trader

Holy Graily Candle Bob

Post by wallywonka »

Dragonian » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:43 pm wrote:Using OOTB settings on the individual trades, ie $50 basket take profit, close results to date are:
Very nice start! :clap:
Dragonian
Trader

Holy Graily Candle Bob

Post by Dragonian »

Last edited by Dragonian on Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TTFN

Bill
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Holy Graily Candle Bob

Post by SteveHopwood »

V 1c is in post 1, TDesk compatible.

Your TDesk chart (use XAUUSD - TDesk's default) will look something like this:
XAUUSDH1.png
The "CD" column is the overall candle direction. It will be left blank if this is mixed.

The HGI columns will show an up arrow for a green trend arrow and blue wavy long, and a down arrow for the opposites. The space will be blank if there is a yellow range wave.

Note that changing the individual chart time frames will bugger up TDesk's signals and cause all the columns to go blank, so TDesk has stopped working. Use the close all charts option and start again.

:xm: :rocket:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
Dragonian
Trader

Holy Graily Candle Bob

Post by Dragonian »

Excellent :yahoo:

Thank you Steve and Thomas :hi:
TTFN

Bill
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Holy Graily Candle Bob

Post by SteveHopwood »

V 1d is in post 1. Please see "Update 9th September 2018".

Coders, go to the top of the file if you want to look at the code, then do a search for, "UseSuppRes" to follow the code through.

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

slipshod
Trader

Holy Graily Candle Bob

Post by slipshod »

Hi everyone, just wanted to let you know that I've posted a new version of LibSSSR here: http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... f=27&t=514

It implements a bugfix that was posted on the S/R indicator's thread late last year, but unfortunately I wasn't around to see it. I'm not sure if the bug will be triggered at all by this EA, but just in case it is, it probably wouldn't hurt to adopt the latest version of the library.
trader689
Trader

Holy Graily Candle Bob

Post by trader689 »

hey Steve and Ehrenmat

thanks for the latest mod, looks very exciting.

On two different PCs, the latest v1d of the EA is not being compiled by a refresh/restart of the terminal. When attempting to do so manually, i.e. compiling in Metaeditor, it's giving 40 errors:
compile error.jpg
any help would be appreciated

trader
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SteveHopwood
Owner

Holy Graily Candle Bob

Post by SteveHopwood »

trader689 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:50 pm wrote:hey Steve and Ehrenmat

thanks for the latest mod, looks very exciting.

On two different PCs, the latest v1d of the EA is not being compiled by a refresh/restart of the terminal. When attempting to do so manually, i.e. compiling in Metaeditor, it's giving 40 errors:

any help would be appreciated

trader
I have not updated according to Andrew's latest update. That could be causing the problem. I have imbibed tonight and am no longer capable to making any rational decision.

It could be that the latest in Andrew's thread causes this here not to work. I will sort it out in the morning.

Andrew, if you read this could you do me a favour please? I am not sure if your latest update applies to your library or update file. Can you clarify this please?

tomele
Administrator

Holy Graily Candle Bob

Post by tomele »

It seems that none of the mqh files (LibSSSRv4.mqh, TDesk.mqh) can be found. Hence the undefined functions and identifiers.

Trader, please check your setup. You need all the mentioned files in the right place. The EA is not working without them.

Cheers
Thomas
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate
trader689
Trader

Holy Graily Candle Bob

Post by trader689 »

thanks Tomele. I did have the libsssr files (include and library) but I didn't have the Tdesk files. I have now added the Tdesk files to the correct directories but still the same errors. note: since Steve's post suggesting that the EA may not be compatible with the latest libsssr files I have been attempting with the older ones from post 1 of this thread.

trader
tomele » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:08 pm wrote:It seems that none of the mqh files (LibSSSRv4.mqh, TDesk.mqh) can be found. Hence the undefined functions and identifiers.

Trader, please check your setup. You need all the mentioned files in the right place. The EA is not working without them.

Cheers
Thomas

Return to “Thingy Bob EA's”