Moving Day

SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Moving Day

Post by SteveHopwood »

Gertje » Mon May 25, 2020 7:13 am wrote:
c1borg » Sun May 24, 2020 10:10 am wrote:
SteveHopwood » Fri May 15, 2020 6:54 pm wrote: My no individual trade TP of nothing and only aiming for global basket TP's only demos have been a wipe out so I will shut them down this weekend. I will start two fresh demos at the same time: one with my defaults and one with much more conservative settings. Timing is sooooo important when trading, so this will be trading like with like. We shall see which comes out ahead in the long run.

:xm: :rocket:
I thought Steve had shut them down will take a look :smile:

Edit: Last trade 15/5/2020 so now shut down as expected
What about the one in the User Manual?
That is the original demo from when we added stop and grid trading, still up and running.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
TradingMastermind
Trader

Moving Day

Post by TradingMastermind »

I posted images of these 2 accounts a couple of weeks back. The difference between then is still growing.
The first one is Lot size 0.5, TP $500, set to take pending at 20 pips then 4 more pending 20 pips apart.
The second one is the same except takes pending at 20 pips then 4 more pending 10 pips apart.

The difference is massive.
WPC1-1b.PNG
WPC1-4b.PNG
I have found that any of the setups I am running with bigger take profit levels are struggling at the moment and giving back all the profits made during the beginning of the month.
I'm finding smaller basket sizes and faster entries makes those baskets fill quicker before price reverses against you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gertje
Trader

Moving Day

Post by Gertje »

TradingMastermind » Thu May 28, 2020 7:24 am wrote:I posted images of these 2 accounts a couple of weeks back. The difference between then is still growing.
The first one is Lot size 0.5, TP $500, set to take pending at 20 pips then 4 more pending 20 pips apart.
The second one is the same except takes pending at 20 pips then 4 more pending 10 pips apart.

The difference is massive.

I have found that any of the setups I am running with bigger take profit levels are struggling at the moment and giving back all the profits made during the beginning of the month.
I'm finding smaller basket sizes and faster entries makes those baskets fill quicker before price reverses against you.
Impressive!!
:hi: :hi: :hi:
trader689
Trader

Moving Day

Post by trader689 »

hey TradingMastermind

thanks for the update, looks incredible - small drawdown as well. But I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, demoing (global prime) similar settings and after initially doing well, all the profits have been given back and then some. Will continue to test and report back if anyone is interested

trader
Last edited by trader689 on Thu May 28, 2020 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gertje
Trader

Moving Day

Post by Gertje »

trader689 » Thu May 28, 2020 7:55 am wrote:hey TradingMastermind

thanks for the update, looks incredible. But I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, demoing (global prime) similar settings and after initially doing well all the profits have been given back and then some. Will continue to test and report back if anyone is interested

trader
Keep in mind that the basket TP TradingMastermind uses is 1/4th of what Steve uses as default.

If I understood it correctly. :mrgreen:
trader689
Trader

Moving Day

Post by trader689 »

thanks Gertje, yes I am using a similar lotsize-to-basket tp ratio as TradingMastermind (0.05 lot, £50 basket tp in my case)

trader
Gertje » Thu May 28, 2020 7:56 am wrote:
trader689 » Thu May 28, 2020 7:55 am wrote:hey TradingMastermind

thanks for the update, looks incredible. But I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, demoing (global prime) similar settings and after initially doing well all the profits have been given back and then some. Will continue to test and report back if anyone is interested

trader
Keep in mind that the basket TP TradingMastermind uses is 1/4th of what Steve uses as default.

If I understood it correctly. :mrgreen:
Gertje
Trader

Moving Day

Post by Gertje »

trader689 » Thu May 28, 2020 8:10 am wrote:thanks Gertje, yes I am using a similar lotsize-to-basket tp ratio as TradingMastermind (0.05 lot, £50 basket tp in my case)

trader
Then maybe it's time to compare setfiles.
These result TradingMastermind showed are unreal.
trader689
Trader

Moving Day

Post by trader689 »

hey Gertje

sure, I can share the setfile I'm using but I'm fairly confident my settings are correct, given that there wasn't really lot to tweak, but if someone wants to check it have attached

thanks, trader
MD grid and basket £50 tp + 10 pipDist mod.set
Gertje » Thu May 28, 2020 8:32 am wrote:
trader689 » Thu May 28, 2020 8:10 am wrote:thanks Gertje, yes I am using a similar lotsize-to-basket tp ratio as TradingMastermind (0.05 lot, £50 basket tp in my case)

trader
Then maybe it's time to compare setfiles.
These result TradingMastermind showed are unreal.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
biobier
Trader

Moving Day

Post by biobier »

Hi,
I've (tried) to setup the same but also does not work well after initial wins:
2020-05-28 12_06_16-Empty4-22521040 _ Myfxbook.png
I am submitting to FxTestify but it does not show up as not running for 10 days yet.
So this are the differences to a default set file:
Lot=0.5
GridSize=4
DistanceBetweenTradesPips=10
BasketTargetCash=500.0
FridayStopTradingHour=24
MondayStartHour=4

which is in line what was posted:
TradingMastermind » Sun May 17, 2020 12:26 pm wrote: ....
Lotsize 0.5
Takeprofitpips 120
Oppositesidestoplosspips 30
Gridsize 4
Pendingdistancetofirsttradepips 20
Distancebetweentradespips 10
BasketTargetCash 500
Knockofffordayafterclosure True

(Tipp: you can use winmerge when comparing to a defaults set file to get only the differnt lines via "view"-> "Diff context"-> "0 lines")
Must-reads for FOREX NOOBS as me:
Help for Newbies.
Information For Beginners
TradingMastermind
Trader

Moving Day

Post by TradingMastermind »

trader689 » Thu May 28, 2020 10:01 am wrote:hey Gertje

sure, I can share the setfile I'm using but I'm fairly confident my settings are correct, given that there wasn't really lot to tweak, but if someone wants to check it have attached

thanks, trader

Thats almost exactly the settings I am using, I have recently though turned off ForexWiki and reduced the Shirt Protection settings as I found it getting low on margin at times.

I will attach a copy of my setfile below.

Apart from that I don't know why I am getting better results than others. I am running the same settings on more accounts and getting similar results.

~Here's a GP Demo started with 2K and 0.05 lot size on 17th May showing similar growth
WPC1-7.PNG
And a ICmarkets account started on 20th May, 1k with a 0.05 lot, also performing similar.
WPC2-5.PNG

Heres the setfile
WPC1-4b.set
I'm not closing any trades manually or interfering in any way with the EA. I'm just letting it do it's thing.

TM

Return to “Moving Day”