Questions from a new member

Your basic questions about running EA's
Sergio
Trader

Post by Sergio »

Hello,

First, thanks to everyone for sharing all this valuable information in this great forum, especially Steve.

I am new here and I am just starting to grasp what tools you use to profit from forex.

So far, I have managed to understand how TDesk works, I have read SS and Peaky and I have gathered all the ingredients to set up and start trading on demo SPB and MD.

As a new member, I have a few questions I want to ask:

1)SPB question:

A)In the beginning of the SPB guide it is mentioned that:
• Trade closure. Slopey Peaky Bob will:
◦ Close all market buy trades and delete all pending orders if the trend time frame
Super Slope closes red and the market reaches a new peak high on the trading
time frame, generating a sell signal.
◦ Close all buy trades when Peaky forms a new peak high and a retrace short is
overdue.
What is the difference between the first and the second point, regarding the Peaky?

As far as I understand the two points say:
1)Close buy trades and delete all pending orders when SS is below 0.
2)Close buy trades when Peaky reaches a new Peak High(deleting all pending orders?).
Is that all?
Am I missing something?

B)Also, SPB latest version has the Paky input "CloseAllWhenPeakyChanges" = false:

Does this mean that trades only close when SS changes?

2) How can I test and visualise what the EA is doing with Craptester?
I have read that the Craptester is Crap but I just want to visualise how the EA will be working because, otherwise, I will have to wait weeks to visualise what the EA does and probably I will miss a lot while sleeping or eating etc.
Also, the enter of the trade is triggered at the beginning of the trading candle therefore backtesting won't be that bad for an initial optimisation.

3) What happens when I close SPB and reopen it after x amount of days?
Will it close all trades that are needed to be closed?

Finally, I would like to contribute to this forum as well.
When I tried to open a second demo account to test different EA it was really difficult to put all the pieces back together because the indicator,scripts,EA's etc are spreaded across the forum.
Therefore, I did make a SHF folder with all the ingredients in one place.
It is not perfect nor does it have everything but I will try to update it regularly and hopefully include everything in one zip file.
Please, let me know if such file exists somewhere!

The SHF ingredients zip file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1u34H9K ... sp=sharing
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

Do not expect this level of attention every time you post. It will not happen. For now, I am impressed that you have attempted to grasp everything.

Sergio » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:56 pm[/url]
1)SPB question:

A)In the beginning of the SPB guide it is mentioned that:

What is the difference between the first and the second point, regarding the Peaky?

As far as I understand the two points say:
1)Close buy trades and delete all pending orders when SS is below 0.
2)Close buy trades when Peaky reaches a new Peak High(deleting all pending orders?).
Is that all?
Am I missing something?
1) closes trades when SS changes.
2) closes when Peaky changes.

I am a tad surprised that you find this difficult to grasp.
B)Also, SPB latest version has the Paky input "CloseAllWhenPeakyChanges" = false:

Does this mean that trades only close when SS changes?
Yes. Again, a tad on the obvious side I think. Everyone else gets it.
2) How can I test and visualise what the EA is doing with Craptester?
I have read that the Craptester is Crap but I just want to visualise how the EA will be working because, otherwise, I will have to wait weeks to visualise what the EA does and probably I will miss a lot while sleeping or eating etc.
Also, the enter of the trade is triggered at the beginning of the trading candle therefore backtesting won't be that bad for an initial optimisation.
Never, ever ask about craptesting again. All it does is irritate me and invite you to get a ban. Only a moron even dreams about mentioning 'optimisation'. No. Change that. Only a moron even has nightmares about mentioning 'optimisation'.
3) What happens when I close SPB and reopen it after x amount of days?
Will it close all trades that are needed to be closed?
Take a guess.
Finally, I would like to contribute to this forum as well.
I wrote my first sentence here in a good mood. This mood darkened as I actually answered your increasingly daft questions.

Here is how you can contribute to this forum: stay quiet; read; learn. Come back in a couple of years with something useful to say.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.

Return to “Automated trading (Rookies)”