5 Ducks

Includes an archive of all previous Bob stuff
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

5 Ducks

Post by SteveHopwood »

I recently wrote a trade manager for Nair SG, to close trades when two varieties of the "precision trend" indicators turned the wrong colour i.e. close buys when the indis turn red and sells when they turned green.

This set me wondering about taking HGI signals only when the two indi's agreed, then using Nair's manager to close orders as I described earlier. I coded an HGI signals detecting EA to alert me when there was a large HGI arrow or blue wavy line. I would use TDesk to open the relevant chart with a template containing everything I wanted to see. A quick glance at the precision trend indis either confirmed or cancelled the trade.

<A brief aside here, folks. We all know that HGI signals only appear on a chart historically if the conditions that generated the signal were present at the close of the candle once the machine is restarted or the time frame changed, otherwise they disappear. What most of us do not know is how astonishingly brief the signals can be. The signals detecting EA would send me an alert; I would go to TDesk to open the chart; many, many times the signal would have vanished by the time the chart opened; I would go back to the detector EA to see that it was no longer showing the signal.>

I thought about all the powerful tools we have here at SHF and began to add more and have ended up with the 5 Ducks concept. Taking a buy trade as an example, these are:
  • Duck 1: H4 HGI big green arrow or blue buy wavy line. This is the trade trigger, assuming the remaining ducks are quacking in unison. These are:
Vice-versa for a sell.

I had MPTM set up to insert a take profit calculated on the H4 ATR multiplied by 1.5 - a figure I arrived at after experimentation. This is an I-am-right-or-I-am-out intraday method, so I was trading 1 lot sizes on a $10,000 starting balance demo account. There are not many trades so a ridiculous lot size is fine. You can go a whole day without a trade. I also have MPTM set to close the whole position at +$300 - pure guesswork.

I added each duck to the signals detecting EA as I added them to the system. I include a cpu saver; the detector will only read the confirmatory ducks when HGI generates a signal. The detector will only send an alert when the choir is quacking at the same time. There are options to receive alerts to your email account and smart phones as well.

The attached zip contains everything you need apart from TDesk. Download this and its dependencies from viewtopic.php?p=163522#p163522. After that:
  • Unzip all the stuff in the zipfile to your platform's templates, Experts, Indicators and Libraries folders.
  • Set up four H4 XAUUSD charts and apply one of the relevant templates to them (ignore the individual chart template - TDesk uses that to set up your chart correctly.)
Post 2 has some pics of how your charts should look. Sing out if anything looks wrong on your charts as it is possible that I have forgotten something in the zip.

I cannot claim massive success with this method as it took some time to develop, then I stopped trading live for August and then found myself busy in school (viewtopic.php?p=84559#p84559 if you want some giggles at teen lunacy). I did have a few successful trades in the lead up to August - enough to encourage me.

Plus, I coded the HGI signals detector with automation in mind and have been developing the auto trading EA; it has done well on the H4 and I will post a link here when I release it.

I post the manual trading description here because of those thingies that an EA cannot do. The most important of these is the 'feel' for a market that we get after years of glaring at charts. For example: it cannot refuse a trade because the market has already moved a long way in the direction of a trade; the market is close to a huge area of S/R.

Then we have the thorny business of trade exit, often described as 'money management'. There must be room for improvement there.

Try it folks, and see what you think.

:xm: :rocket:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

5 Ducks

Post by SteveHopwood »

Your TDesk chart should look something like this:
TDesk.png
Your HGI signals detector chart should look something like this:
HGI signals detection.png
MPTM:
MPTM.png
Nair manager:
Nair.png
Your individual trading chart - make sure there is nothing missing:
Individual chart.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

trader689
Trader

5 Ducks

Post by trader689 »

Looks good Steve thanks for your work on this. Looking forward to the EA

trader
c1borg
Trader

5 Ducks

Post by c1borg »

The 3 most respected indies used together could be a winner lets see. Nice work Steve. :hi:

Haven't used precision trend will have a look
Last edited by c1borg on Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
geojalencar
Trader

5 Ducks

Post by geojalencar »

Good day! Here all entries closed in positive, it seems to be a promising system!
J. Alencar
SteveHopwood
Owner

5 Ducks

Post by SteveHopwood »

geojalencar » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:39 am wrote:Good day! Here all entries closed in positive, it seems to be a promising system!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

geojalencar
Trader

5 Ducks

Post by geojalencar »

Dear Steve, Peak Hilo does not appear in individual chart and I do not know which setup to insert manually! A help please :D :D :D
J. Alencar
SteveHopwood
Owner

5 Ducks

Post by SteveHopwood »

geojalencar » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:28 pm wrote:Dear Steve, Peak Hilo does not appear in individual chart and I do not know which setup to insert manually! A help please :D :D :D
I put the wrong version in the zip. I have replaced it with the attached. Add this to your chart and re-save the template.

geojalencar
Trader

5 Ducks

Post by geojalencar »

All right! thanks
J. Alencar
bogiahtc
Trader

5 Ducks

Post by bogiahtc »

hello steve. Is manual setting like this correct? Looking forward to hearing from you

Return to “Nanningbob's Holy Grail Indicator forum”