5 Ducks Automated

SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

5 Ducks Automated

Post by SteveHopwood »

SERIOUS WARNING
  • Most Forex traders lose all their money.
  • Using the robot posted here in trading Forex does not guarantee success.
  • Trading this robot could lead to serious financial loss.
  • Trading this robot without understanding its underlying trading strategies guarantees traders will lose their money.
  • At best, a trading robot is only 90% as good as the manual strategy it trades. At best. At worst, it can be much less effective. If the strategy is rubbish, so is the robot.
  • To trade this robot, you have to understand:
    • How to use EA's.
MAKE SURE YOU READ THIS POST http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 41#p111241 There was a Forex bloodbath on Jan 15th 2015 that you need to know about. This sort of Black Swan event can happen at any second.

This is the automated version of the manual 5 Ducks trading system I have posted at viewtopic.php?p=173096#p173096, so read the details there.

The EA is a conversion of the HGI detecting EA so some of the usual bells and whistles are missing. I can always add them back in if need be.

Everything you need is in the attached zip apart from TDesk. Remember to adapt the lot sizing and MPTM basket target to reflect your demo account size.

Most of the inputs are obvious. Onee that needs explaining is HgiSignalConfirmationSeconds. This tells the bot to keep checking the HGI signal is still in place for (default) 20 seconds before consulting the rest of the choir.

Another is MaxMovementAllowedPips. Read about what prompted me to add this at viewtopic.php?p=173145#p173145
Take a potential buy as an example. 5D:
  • Examines the previous candle to confirm that it was a rising one. If so:
    • Scrolls back through the previous x candles until it finds on that fell. This gives the number of rising candles then:
      • Finds the highest and lowest prices of the candles, calculates the distance in between them and cancels the trade if this exceeds MaxMovementAllowedPips.
I have added the option to use ATR to calculate MaxMovementAllowedPips. This will override any value that you input into the variable. The default inputs calculate ATR on the D1 using a 20 period that equates to one month of trading.

:xm: :rocket:

Demo account for you to follow
Login: 2246171
Investor: 5onlqmy

Matters of general interest
Go here to download and run the script that will fill your platform's missing chart history: http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... f=15&t=254
Read this post:
http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... p?f=6&t=78 Newbie traders, read this for inspiration and warning. Those of you who have suffered losses, read it for inspiration.

Masterly summary of hedging: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread. ... ost4977179

EA coding
I receive may requests to code EA's. Traders, if I code your EA for free, then I will share it here. If you want me to code your EA without sharing, then my fee is $100 payable into my paypal account. I explain why at http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... ?f=15&t=79, at the bottom of the post.

Useful utilities/EA's/scripts -

-
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
trader689
Trader

5 Ducks Automated

Post by trader689 »

brlliant thanks Steve, will set this up now, can't wait to see how it does over the coming weeks :good:

trader
trader689
Trader

5 Ducks Automated

Post by trader689 »

great thanks again Steve. At the risk of a noob question, I think the answer is no judging by the output of the 5 ducks EA template, but do we need the trading pair charts open with the individual chart template loaded on them?

trader
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

5 Ducks Automated

Post by SteveHopwood »

trader689 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:31 pm wrote:great thanks again Steve. At the risk of a noob question, I think the answer is no judging by the output of the 5 ducks EA template, but do we need the trading pair charts open with the individual chart template loaded on them?
No. You only need individual charts open when you want to monitor a trade. Save your cpu and close the chart down once the trade closes.

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

trader689
Trader

5 Ducks Automated

Post by trader689 »

Grand thanks for the prompt reply Steve, looks like the teething kinks have been ironed out, my demo is all set up. Roll on market open, I've got a good feeling about this one :popcorn:

trader
SteveHopwood
Owner

5 Ducks Automated

Post by SteveHopwood »

FYI folks, I also have two H1 demos running, one with the 20 second HGI signal confirmation enabled and the other without.

The one with the 20 second delay was profitable, the one without was not. They have both since suffered from the rapid open/close of trades thingy but that will not affect the version I have released. I will hunt down the bug in that code over the next couple of weeks. Feel free to try some H1 demos if you want to see more action.

trader689
Trader

5 Ducks Automated

Post by trader689 »

You're very welcome Steve, happy to help out in whatever way I can, thanks again for sharing this system with us! :smile:

trader

SteveHopwood » Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:45 pm wrote:
trader689 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:24 pm wrote:ah, thanks will do Steve

trader
Thanks for your attention to detail td. You save a lot of chaos further down the line. :clap:

SteveHopwood
Owner

5 Ducks Automated

Post by SteveHopwood »

trader689 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:54 pm wrote:You're very welcome Steve, happy to help out in whatever way I can, thanks again for sharing this system with us! :smile:

trader

SteveHopwood » Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:45 pm wrote:
trader689 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:24 pm wrote:ah, thanks will do Steve

trader
Thanks for your attention to detail td. You save a lot of chaos further down the line. :clap:

Re trader's post that I quote. I have deleted a lot of posts between trader and myself, for the sake of brevity. trader spotted a number of kinks in the the zipfile in post 1 that he posted about, I fixed and then re-uploaded - hence this apparently strange post.

Thanks trader. You were a star today. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

geojalencar
Trader

5 Ducks Automated

Post by geojalencar »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
J. Alencar
SteveHopwood
Owner

5 Ducks Automated

Post by SteveHopwood »

I somehow managed to upload the wrong zip here. You need to redownload if yours is, "5 Ducks Manual Trading".

Also, I put the wrong version of Peaky in the zip. Download the attached, add it to a chart and resave the template.

I think I have the rapid open/close thingy sorted out, so all the closure options are available. This version is in the zip but I attach it here to save faffing around with the zip.

5 Ducks calculates the daily pivot slightly differently to the DMW pivots. Codeslingers can to to the top of void OnTimer() to see the commented out code block I used to check. The difference is not huge, but it exists. Can anyone see anything wrong with the calculation function?

Code: Select all

double getDailyPivot(string symbol, int pairIndex)
{
   return((iHigh(symbol, PERIOD_D1, 1) + iLow(symbol, PERIOD_D1, 1)  + iClose(symbol, PERIOD_D1, 1)) / 3 );

}//double getDailyPivot(string symbol, int pairIndex)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Automated trading systems”