MPTM's new home

MPTM's new home
AVonoVA

MPTM's new home

Post by AVonoVA »

Hi All

I just joined this forum after i read Steve thread @FF
I think what Steve did is awesome, thank you for this awesome EA.

I try use this EA in demo account to tested it for my trading strategy
my trading system is hedging system
now i try use this EA to handle my hedging
e.g when I sell EUR/USD with lot 0.01 I set hedge 20 pips with buy lot 0.02
and if price back to sell possition i will open sell again with lot 0.04 and so on
the problem is i cant find the feature to close all with TP/SL at exact price
so i can only use feature to close all by % profit of balance.

can i set TP/SL at exact price with this EA ?

e.g
sell 0.01 @1.09100 TP @1.08700 SL @1.09700
buy 0.02 @1.09300 TP @1.09700 SL @1.08700

the SL of buy is the TP of sell and the TP of buy is the SL of sell
so all hedge possition will close all in profit

please tell me how to set this EA for this condition, thank you in advance
Rexz

MPTM's new home

Post by Rexz »

Not sure if this has been discussed but I noticed the manager (and the other managers that people have created) tend to hang on Empty4 close or modification of the EA. This error is due the while loop within the EA only checking for IsExpertEnabled() which is set in Empty4. In order for the while loop to be aborted when closing we can also use IsStopped() which will stop the loop if the application has been closed.

Change:

Code: Select all

while (IsExpertEnabled())
to

Code: Select all

while (IsExpertEnabled()&&IsStopped())
This is located in the OnTick() function.

Rexz
Lazar83
Trader

MPTM's new home

Post by Lazar83 »

Just a feedback,
i am not sure if its a bug but when i use mptm global latest build it crashes every platform where i put it. I use pc and vps combination on 5 brokers, and just dragging ea on chart its ok, its working but when i want to change any parameter it crashes platform.
So the only way i can use it is by modifying mql file with the settings i need and then compiling it. What ever i choose to change on the mptm ea who is already on the chart it just crashes my platform.

Any tips regarding this issue?
Pipsalon

MPTM's new home

Post by Pipsalon »

@Lazar83
I have the same issues.

I tried out MPTM today, the EA works but when I want to close Empty4 4 the program crashes.
Also when I change some settings in MPTM and push the ok button Empty4 crashes.

How can I fix this problem?
Maximilian
Trader

MPTM's new home

Post by Maximilian »

Lazar83 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:49 pm wrote:Just a feedback,
i am not sure if its a bug but when i use mptm global latest build it crashes every platform where i put it. I use pc and vps combination on 5 brokers, and just dragging ea on chart its ok, its working but when i want to change any parameter it crashes platform.
So the only way i can use it is by modifying mql file with the settings i need and then compiling it. What ever i choose to change on the mptm ea who is already on the chart it just crashes my platform.

Any tips regarding this issue?
Just disable autotrading before tweeking the properties. It´s better to remove it though and drag a fresh MPTM onto the chart for changing the inputs. But all the same you have to disable autotrading before doing so. It works here.

Cheers Maximilian
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

MPTM's new home

Post by SteveHopwood »

I rarely answer here because I have written extensive documentation and expect people to work things out for themselves.

Lazar83, I am not best pleased to see you referring to problems caused by the latest Empty4 Crapbuilds as a possible bug in my coding. Coding that has largely stood the test of time for about 8 years.

It isn't. A bug in my coding, I mean.

Now, try this on for size.

Take a stiff drink first. You will need it.

Just suppose that I was still several years ago in my programming experience, lacked confidence in my ability, and your post had sent me scurrying back to the code.

To spend many hours searching for a non-existent bug.

Before discovering from umpteen posts by other members that the 'bug' was caused by the fucking crapform.

How do you think I am going to react?

Bear in mind this is me we are talking about. Best take another slug of that stiff drink before you contemplate it.

The fact that an always-on ea causes platform crashes when you do stuff without disabling ea's is a well documented thingy here. Maybe you are one of those demented members who dismiss my posts as irrelevant? Yep, I know I am only the forum owner and so cannot see why people should read my posts either - unless they have a forum death wish - but just occasionally I have something useful to offer.

From time to time.

I expect better from the likes of you. Or maybe your BSV status is undeserved and should be removed? Do say.

I do see a major omission from post 1 here, in that it lacks my customary Serious Warning. One of the points I make in said Serious Warning, is that users of the posted ea have to know how to use ea's. Maybe you thought this knowledge was unnecessary when using the staggeringly complex, multi-faceted mptm? Hmmmm. Odd point of view. Nonetheless, I will correct post 1 over the weekend.

Yes, I know that few people are bright enough to actually read and take note of it. That is not the point of having it there. The point is to protect myself from people who suffer loss because they are too lazy and stupid to read and take notice of it.

I have made my point gently tonight. Do I need to be more direct and forcible? I can always express my thoughts more directly if need be.

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
Lazar83
Trader

MPTM's new home

Post by Lazar83 »

Steve As always you are 100% right. Shutting down ea before changing parameters was a obvious procedure. I think that i am loosing my mind from time to time....always looking behind my shoulders with Empty4 :arrrg: .

And i apologise for questioning one of the...no...the best money management ea available in the world.
Pipsalon

MPTM's new home

Post by Pipsalon »

Thanks for the information Steve!

Does the EA still manage the pair when I close my Empty4 and turn off my computer?
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

MPTM's new home

Post by SteveHopwood »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
renexxxx
Trader

MPTM's new home

Post by renexxxx »

Pipsalon » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:50 pm wrote:Thanks for the information Steve!

Does the EA still manage the pair when I close my Empty4 and turn off my computer?
Yes, and it will make you a cup of tea and massages your feet at the same time. It's magic isn't it? :arrrg:

Put your thinking cap on, Pipsalon.

Return to “Utilities Indicators and Scripts”