Easy template/chart copy scripts/indicators

SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Easy template/chart copy scripts/indicators

Post by SteveHopwood »

Copy template to all charts script
Drag this onto a chart and it will copy the template onto all the other charts.

Remember that it will overwrite any chart hosting stuff like MPTM or iHistory etc, so you will need to go to those charts to replace the overwritten contents.

Our grateful thanks to michaeldz for this.

"Copy template to all charts except XAUUSD script" is an adaptation by tomele. Here is his explanation:
Hi Steve,

Attached is a little modification for the script. It doesn,t overwrite XAUUSD charts. In the terminals for my Dotty tests I have 10 charts with EAs for the different symbols and some XAUUSD charts with Tradereport/Tradechart for different baskets and periods. Whenever I change something at the EA charts, I use this script to update the others without overwriting the reporting ones. Maybe others find this useful too.
Thanks tomele.
____________________________________________________________________________________________
Charts Into Alphabetical Order script
  • Load up all the charts you wish to set up.
  • Do not bother about changing time frames.
  • Set up one chart with your time frame, indicators etc.
  • Drag the script on to your chart. It will:
    • Copy the template onto all your other charts.
    • Change the time frame of all the charts to that of your current one.
    • Re-arrange the charts into alphabetical order.
Remember:
  • The script will overwrite any chart hosting stuff like MPTM or iHistory etc, so you will need to go to those charts to replace the overwritten contents.
  • The script will only work with the pairs in the PAIRS list. You will have to add any that are not already there.
  • Add pair suffixes to all the pairs in the PAIRS list, should your broker have one. Save your changes as a setfile so you do not have to keep making them. Even better, learn to do this by editing the code for yourself as it will make your life infinitely easier once you can do so. Go to http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... ?f=21&t=64 and download the "How to edit a script code" zip to learn how.
This is the best script ever for those of us constantly setting up multiple charts. It saved me hours of tedium within the first few days after arts posted it. It is going to save thousands of hours in the future.

Our vast, epic, huge, colossal thanks to arts for coding this. :clap: :clap: :clap: :party: :party: :party: :!!: :!!: :!!:

Subsequent edit
Something to watch our for when using the script. It copies everything on the current chart. Shelley and I are cooking an EA for her MTF Trading System. The first thing the EA does is draw a line on the chart for a visual representation of the weekly trend. When I used the script to populate all the other charts, this line was copied to them. This made it look as though the ea was drawing lines incorrectly.

So, make sure you check your other charts when you have used the script just in case something is slightly amiss. It is probably a good idea to disable experts whilst setting up your initial chart and only enable them again once you have used the script.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Open Charts in Alphabetical Order Indicator
Another stunner from arts. This would have saved me thousands of hours of faffing around had it been available 8 years ago. Remember to put it in your Indicators folder - explained in the quote.

I have taken this from John's post on page 2:
I wanted to use some functionality which is not available in scripts, so this has to be an indicator. (There's no issue with this as the last thing it does is delete the original chart its on.)

You should have just one chart open on your terminal set up as you want it and for the timeframe you want. Attach the indicator and you will see a display with 28 pairs which you can easily select/deselect (default all selected) . Once you've done this press 'ok' and it will create charts for the pairs selected in the TF and template of the original chart.

If you would like to see other instruments they can be easily added to the Pairs Array and as someone else has already mentioned, you can change the order of instruments in the Array from alphabetical to any order you want.
Wow. :party: :party: :party: :party: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!:

______________________________________________________________________________________

Rene has posted a script that toggles EA's on/off. Details at http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 17#p120117

______________________________________________________________________________________

Another stunner from Rene - a script to help you to have your Market Watch pairs in alphabetical order:
http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 55#p133555 :clap: :clap: :clap:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
MurphyMan
Trader

Easy template/chart copy scripts

Post by MurphyMan »

This is Alphabetical Order script just great! At first I couldn't get it to work, it was deleting all my charts. Then I performed another RTFM and saw that I needed to add ctt for my CitiFX demo.

Now, if we could just get another script to alphabetize the Market Watch...
arts
Trader

Post by arts »

MurphyMan, you know you can click and drag symbols up and down the MarketWatch window into any order you want. You can also right click and hide any you dont want. You only have to do this once, then right click, select 'Sets' and 'save as'.... You can create any number of different sets and then copy them across any other instances of Empty4 you use.
fire580
Trader

Post by fire580 »

Nice tip arts - I learn something every day :yahoo:
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

Read "Subsequent edit" in post 1, those of you who downloaded Art's script before I posted this. Nothing wrong, just something you need to be aware of.

:xm:

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

MurphyMan
Trader

Post by MurphyMan »

arts » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:37 am wrote:MurphyMan, you know you can click and drag symbols up and down the MarketWatch window into any order you want. You can also right click and hide any you dont want. You only have to do this once, then right click, select 'Sets' and 'save as'.... You can create any number of different sets and then copy them across any other instances of Empty4 you use.
Thanks Arts. I knew about rearranging, and hiding symbols, but I didn't know there was a .set file for the Market Watch that I could use.

Thanks!
forexsam
Trader

Post by forexsam »

HI Steve,
Thanks for all that you do. I have been reading your forum for quite awhile now, and I just wanted to say thanks.

Just FYI, the Alphabetical Script had EURGPB rather than EURGBP. I made the change and attached it for you.

Thanks Again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

forexsam » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:49 pm wrote:HI Steve,
Thanks for all that you do. I have been reading your forum for quite awhile now, and I just wanted to say thanks.

Just FYI, the Alphabetical Script had EURGPB rather than EURGBP. I made the change and attached it for you.

Thanks Again.
Nice spot Sam. Thanks. :clap:

Stefan61200

Post by Stefan61200 »

Hi Steve,

would it be possible to add the option to create a magic number for each chart using the Alphabetical Script?
If the input "= 0" then no magic number is created. If the input is i.e. "=4000" a magic number is created for each chart (4000, 4010, 4020, etc).
That would make life a bit easier if one does not use MPTM.

Cheers
Stefan
SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

Stefan61200 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:54 pm wrote:Hi Steve,

would it be possible to add the option to create a magic number for each chart using the Alphabetical Script?
If the input "= 0" then no magic number is created. If the input is i.e. "=4000" a magic number is created for each chart (4000, 4010, 4020, etc).
That would make life a bit easier if one does not use MPTM.

Cheers
Stefan
So far as I know, individual charts cannot have their own magic number; these are applied to trades, not charts.

Return to “Chart/template copying and history loading”