Holy Graily Bob's Candle Power for the confused.

EA's inspired by nanningbob's work here, especially those based on his 240 Moving Average trend detection filter.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

Candle Power is a mighty beast. Are you confused yet terrified that your question will result in a knee capping in the main thread? Very wise. It could well do.

Ask it here instead. Knee capping is not allowed. I do not guarantee your question will get answered, but some kindly souls tend to wander along when they see someone in difficulty; it just won't be me.

Ask away.

:xm:

PS Re the 130 errors:

I have tried to hunt them down. Thomas has tried to hunt them down. No doubt other coders have tried to hunt them down.

None of us have any idea what causes them. Learn to live with them.
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
andwen
Trader

Post by andwen »

This should prove a welcome respite......

Having been knee capped once or twice :roll:
Barcode
Trader

Post by Barcode »

I'll be the first to raise my hand and say I'm confused :?

I don't understand the IsGlobalPrimeOrECNCriminal input. To me this means you set it to true if you are using a Global Prime or an ECN Criminal account but the default it set to False which I thought was strange as Steve uses Global Prime.

Also the doco says that the EA detects a Global Prime account. Does this mean that what is in IsGlobalPrimeOrECNCriminal is ignored if you are using Global Prime?

Bob
The 10 most powerful 2 letter words in the world.

If it is to be, it is up to me.
TraderJoeForex
Trader

Post by TraderJoeForex »

Barcode » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:33 am wrote:I'll be the first to raise my hand and say I'm confused :?

I don't understand the IsGlobalPrimeOrECNCriminal input. To me this means you set it to true if you are using a Global Prime or an ECN Criminal account but the default it set to False which I thought was strange as Steve uses Global Prime.

Also the doco says that the EA detects a Global Prime account. Does this mean that what is in IsGlobalPrimeOrECNCriminal is ignored if you are using Global Prime?

Bob
Hi Bob,

You are correct that this EA will work fine with Global Prime regardless whether you set this to true or false.

For any other supposedly ECN criminals if they insist on two stage order sending then make sure it is set to true so the EA knows what to do.

:)
Barcode
Trader

Post by Barcode »

TraderJoeForex » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:27 pm wrote:
Hi Bob,

You are correct that this EA will work fine with Global Prime regardless whether you set this to true or false.

For any other supposedly ECN criminals if they insist on two stage order sending then make sure it is set to true so the EA knows what to do.

:)
Thanks TJF
The 10 most powerful 2 letter words in the world.

If it is to be, it is up to me.
wallywonka
Trader

Post by wallywonka »

Hamodog » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:54 am wrote:Hello all,

Just having a problem running the EA. Everything works fine until a pending order is triggered then it closes immediately. I have tried on different computers and same problem again.

Any advise to fix this would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

Hamish.
Seems to be a bug in the new version..same thing happening here
tomele
Administrator

Post by tomele »

Hi.

I observed this also.

The solution is posted in the original thread.
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate
andwen
Trader

Post by andwen »

Just Wondering. :roll:

Does anyone know how to re -produce the data in a set file so I can produce a hard copy relating to all
the inputs or is it not possible ???

With so many variables and different settings and tests I am trying to collate the information in a meaningful way as I lose the plot scrolling up and down all the input parameters. Particularly so with Awesome

Currently I am bringing all the inputs on screen and taking snippets.. Dr Google couldn't help.

Thanks....
Last edited by andwen on Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yannis
Trader

Post by Yannis »

andwen » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:49 pm wrote:Just Wondering. :roll:

Does anyone know how to re -produce the data in a set file so I can produce a hard copy relating to all
the inputs ???

With so many variables and different settings and tests I am trying to collate the information in a meaningful way as I lose the plot scrolling up and down all the input parameters.

Currently I am bringing all the inputs on screen and taking snippets which produces about 6-8 pages of data for each test. Dr Google couldn't help.

Thanks....
Why don't you save the settings as a preset ?
(From EA properties, Inputs tab, bottom right corner there is a save / load button)
tomele
Administrator

Post by tomele »

andwen » 11 Oct 2017, 11:49 wrote:Just Wondering. :roll:

the inputs or is it not possible ???

With so many variables and different settings and tests I am trying to collate the information in a meaningful way as I lose the plot scrolling up and down all the input parameters. Particularly so with Awesome

Currently I am bringing all the inputs on screen and taking snippets.. Dr Google couldn't help.

Thanks....
I usually open the setfiles in an editor like Notepad++ if I want to compare them or just quickly go through.
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate

Return to “Thingy Bob EA's”