Peaky on Steroids

The place for Peaky and Peaky-related stuff.
billv
Trader

Peaky on Steroids

Post by billv »

Gertje » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:21 pm wrote:Ju

I guess I have my early retirement plan set. :jump:

:!!: :!!: :!!:
Hi Gertjan :hi:

Look mate as much as I like POS, I hate the fact that if a central bank decides to screw us up
and the trend is overextended in 1 direction without significant retracements
eg some EUR pairs had this luck between April 2017 and June 2018
then POS is likely to blow the account because of the way pending orders chase price
(many of the pending orders will be triggered and will be in the -ve and adding to DD).

What is the solution I hear you ask?
I don't know yet.
To tell you the truth, I have given up on POS a few times but I keep going back because I like the way it keeps on collecting pips day after day but I don't trust it enough to go live with it.

ON A +VE NOTE
My PS-2 demo account from May 2018 survived the August and December situations and the account is officially double its original size.
https://www.myfxbook.com/members/Bbottr ... -2/3227370
:clap: :clap: :clap:

PS-3 should also double its size in the next few months
https://www.myfxbook.com/members/Bbottr ... -3/2726397
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

PS-4 was traded much more conservatively and as you can see it has a much nicer equity curve.

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/Bbottr ... -4/2726401
This account should also double its size by August (12 months after it was created)
:!!: :!!: :!!:

PS-1 suffered a global trade closure in September last year so it lost 30% at the time but it recovered and is now 10% up
https://www.myfxbook.com/members/Bbottr ... -1/3227367
:good: :good: :good:
echoman01
Trader

Peaky on Steroids

Post by echoman01 »

Dear Gertje,
The "close on opposite signal" H1 Peaky looks impressive :good:
ianp
Trader

Peaky on Steroids

Post by ianp »

pos great.png
Here is a update of the Gertje V1e POS setup, The setfile is just the very old one all I did was multiply the dollop requirement X 4 .

As you can see it still suffered a massive drawdown , but it is still making pips ..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
billv
Trader

Peaky on Steroids

Post by billv »

ianp » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:33 am wrote:Here is a update of the Gertje V1e POS setup, The setfile is just the very old one all I did was multiply the dollop requirement X 4 .
As you can see it still suffered a massive drawdown , but it is still making pips ..
Yes draw down is inevitable and it needs to be contained or it can blow the account.
Yesterday I bit the bullet and went live with 2 accounts using my PS-2 settings https://www.myfxbook.com/members/Bbottr ... -2/3227370
which means that the EA will be taking a lot of trades but I reduced my risk by trading smaller lot size and I also have funds available for a top up.

Lotsize= variable (I started with 0.01/10000 but I intend to increase it to 0.01/5000)
My target is a minimum of 5% returns per month so I will adjust my size upwards until I get this return.
I aim for 20 pips in 1 or more trades but I also want quick exits so I have enabled trade recovery after 2 trades and recovery target of 10 pips. The technique of closing trades individually is likely to leave some -ve trades open for a long period of time so while the equity is going up, the balance will be going up too, but trades which don't recover by themselves will be dealt with by using manual recovery or by a manual(distant) SL. I decided to use a manual SL because the dynamic range of pairs is varying.

BufferPips=10 on all 4 timeframes

MarketDistancePips=80 for group of pairs which have ADR <60
MarketDistancePips=90 for group of pairs which have ADR 60-90
MarketDistancePips=110 for group of pairs which have ADR >90

PS-2 specific settings
Trade1TimeFrame=5
Trade1NoOfBars=800
Trade2TimeFrame=15
Trade2NoOfBars=1200
Trade3TimeFrame=60
Trade3NoOfBars=1000
Trade4TimeFrame=240
Trade4NoOfBars=800

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/Bbottr ... -5/3245309
PS-5 specific settings
Trade1TimeFrame=15
Trade1NoOfBars=300
Trade2TimeFrame=15
Trade2NoOfBars=1682
Trade3TimeFrame=60
Trade3NoOfBars=630
Trade4TimeFrame=240
Trade4NoOfBars=1000
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Peaky on Steroids

Post by SteveHopwood »

Here is a thought for you folks prepared to leave trades running for a substantial period of time. Consider trading only when the swap is positive eg Trade1PositiveSwapTradesOnly.

Life is much more bearable when the swap is positive. The opposite can be agonising.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
billv
Trader

Peaky on Steroids

Post by billv »

SteveHopwood » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:16 pm wrote:Here is a thought for you folks prepared to leave trades running for a substantial period of time. Consider trading only when the swap is positive eg Trade1PositiveSwapTradesOnly.

Life is much more bearable when the swap is positive. The opposite can be agonising.

Hi Steve :hi:
Yes very wise thinking.
However, I found that using this input will prevent a substantial amount of trades so the returns will not be satisfactory and we will be forced to trade bigger size and therefore increase our risk.

Some time ago one of our members supplied a bit of code which was restricting pairs over a certain swap value and I currently use this code with a setting of -4.4 ( around -5 swap is Ok (Account PS-2 is using this setting) but for my live accounts I chose -4.4 because I wanted to exclude certain pairs from trading in a particular direction)

However, I'm now thinking that it would be better for the EA to have 3 entries for Currency pairs to trade
1 input for pairs which will be traded in both direction
1 input for pairs which will be traded long only
1 input for pairs which will be traded short only
Because the swap values change and one day the swap could be within the allowed swap range
and the next day it could be outside the range.

I don't know how to do this yet, hopefully it will not be too painful to do...
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Peaky on Steroids

Post by SteveHopwood »

billv » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:27 pm wrote:
Yes very wise thinking.
However, I found that using this input will prevent a substantial amount of trades so the returns will not be satisfactory and we will be forced to trade bigger size and therefore increase our risk.
V 1n is in post 1. I have added a new input to the General Inputs section: MaxAllowableNegativeSwap. POS will not allow the trade if negative swap exceeds this figure. If you want to DIY here is how:
Add: extern double MaxAllowableNegativeSwap=-5;
just underneath: extern bool WriteFileForTestDatabase=true;

Go to int OnInit() and add the dozy sod check where ever suits you:
if (MaxAllowableNegativeSwap > 0)
MaxAllowableNegativeSwap*= -1;

Do a search for: if (!PositiveSwapOnly[pairIndex] || shortSwap > 0)
Replace the zero conditional with MaxAllowableNegativeSwap i.e.
if (!PositiveSwapOnly[pairIndex] || shortSwap > MaxAllowableNegativeSwap)

Do a search for: if (!PositiveSwapOnly[pairIndex] || longSwap > 0) - it is in the next code block. Replace 0 with MaxAllowableNegativeSwap

Incidentally, I have added a call to GetBasics(symbol); just above the "//Look for a sell." comment
Some time ago one of our members supplied a bit of code which was restricting pairs over a certain swap value and I currently use this code with a setting of -4.4 ( around -5 swap is Ok (Account PS-2 is using this setting) but for my live accounts I chose -4.4 because I wanted to exclude certain pairs from trading in a particular direction)
This might also be a useful feature for SPB and Desky. It calls for creating two new arrays. The existing one would become buy and sell; the two new ones would by buy only/sell only.

Leave it with me.

Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
Gertje
Trader

Peaky on Steroids

Post by Gertje »

Swap might be a pita, but I don’t worry too much about it.
With a averige trade length of 13,4 day’s, the totall swap is less than half of the commission with global prime.
It comes down to $3,- per full lot, round turn. This equals 0,3 pips.
This is with over 1750 trades, during 654 day’s.
320 full lots traded.
I think the trades with negative swap did add some to the balance.

https://www.fxblue.com/users/2085517

:!!:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
billv
Trader

Peaky on Steroids

Post by billv »

SteveHopwood » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:35 am wrote:
billv » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:27 pm wrote:
Incidentally, I have added a call to GetBasics(symbol); just above the "//Look for a sell." comment
This might also be a useful feature for SPB and Desky. It calls for creating two new arrays. The existing one would become buy and sell; the two new ones would by buy only/sell only.

Leave it with me.

Many thanks Steve,

Yes very useful feature for this type of trading because for example,
we now know that certain GBP or CHF pairs have gone too far in 1 direction.

Sooner or later, banks or market makers will drive price even harder into the extreme creating a bear trap and then they will suddenly reverse and push price the other way for thousands of pips.

We don't want to be trapped on the wrong side of such a large run.
billv
Trader

Peaky on Steroids

Post by billv »

Gertje » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:04 am wrote:Swap might be a pita, but I don’t worry too much about it.
With a averige trade length of 13,4 day’s, the totall swap is less than half of the commission with global prime.
It comes down to $3,- per full lot, round turn. This equals 0,3 pips.
This is with over 1750 trades, during 654 day’s.
320 full lots traded.
I think the trades with negative swap did add some to the balance.
Yes Swap is not going to break the account on its own but it will make a difference.
For example, if you look at the PS2 account stats, the account made $760 in swaps so far (out of around $13K of profits), therefore it all helps and could make a difference in a bad situation.

When I looked at my live Awesome accounts I saw a couple of pairs (EURAUD and NZDJPY) have something like -$500 in DD but the +ve swap is already up in the +$50's
so 10% of the DD has already been offset by +ve swap which is a good thing and it will make recovery easier.

Anyway, I believe it is a good feature to have but others don't have to use it.

Return to “Peaky forum”