Moving Day

Gertje
Trader

Moving Day

Post by Gertje »

c1borg » Wed May 20, 2020 8:36 am wrote:All profits now banked, some quick analysis shows I need a faster reacting MA (I have a good candidate ;) in mind) for example NZDCHF left around 30 pips per trade on the table 5*30=150 extra pips we should have banked :roll: However on the plus side we did bank 490 pips on this trade :smile:

So total we should have banked 640 pips 23% missed profit :x
:!!: :!!: :!!:
c1borg
Trader

Moving Day

Post by c1borg »

Here's another issue on EURCAD -18 atm and no closure yet so either a faster MA or SL required :good:
capture.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1Direction
Trader

Moving Day

Post by 1Direction »

Quick hint for the templates users.

If like me you changed your EA magic number from the default 0 when you click on a pair the new chart open base on the MD H1.tpl supplied by Steve and the indicator "Position Monitoring Indicator basic" will not display any values see attachment.

At first I changed the indicator magic number but then remembered that the value is set by the template so you need to change the magic number in MD H1.tpl or MD D1.tpl at line 293 see attachments.

Might be obvious to most but it took me 15 min :arrrg: :smile:

Admins feel free to delete or move where appropriate.

Steve thanks for the new toy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Moving Day

Post by SteveHopwood »

1Direction » Fri May 22, 2020 11:17 am wrote: Might be obvious to most but it took me 15 min :arrrg: :smile:
A quick note of sympathy here as I feel your pain. You are a victim of your own inquisitive mind. Most people go with defaults and hope for the best.

The number of times I have finally spotted the entry-level-coding bloop in my code and screamed, "Why the &^%$ didn't I spot that bog-basic child-level error 17 hours ago?"

Hey ho.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
c1borg
Trader

Moving Day

Post by c1borg »

By any chance was someone running the standard MD with TP and SL for last week. I would like to make a rough comparison with my results for the week, just to see if its working :hi:

Profit factor may be a good comparison
capture.png
capture1.png
I am testing a brand new version next week with what I hope are some improvements.
woodlands
Trader

Moving Day

Post by woodlands »

This has Bodavid's idea of BE and JS in tandem with grid, for this week I have changed it to BE when 2nd trade is taken and jump at 20 pips as some were closed that then continued:
2020-05-24_MD with APTM.png
In comparison to the last three weeks above this has the basic settings but with basket stop loss:
2020-05-24_MD $25 basket.png
Thanks to all here :hi:
youcrazykids
Trader

Moving Day

Post by youcrazykids »

c1borg » Sat May 23, 2020 5:39 pm wrote:By any chance was someone running the standard MD with TP and SL for last week. I would like to make a rough comparison with my results for the week, just to see if its working :hi:

Profit factor may be a good comparison

I am testing a brand new version next week with what I hope are some improvements.
I think Steve has one running. The investor login credentials are at the end of post 2.
c1borg
Trader

Moving Day

Post by c1borg »

SteveHopwood » Fri May 15, 2020 6:54 pm wrote: My no individual trade TP of nothing and only aiming for global basket TP's only demos have been a wipe out so I will shut them down this weekend. I will start two fresh demos at the same time: one with my defaults and one with much more conservative settings. Timing is sooooo important when trading, so this will be trading like with like. We shall see which comes out ahead in the long run.

I thought Steve had shut them down will take a look :smile:

Edit: Last trade 15/5/2020 so now shut down as expected
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Moving Day

Post by SteveHopwood »

c1borg » Sun May 24, 2020 10:10 am wrote:
SteveHopwood » Fri May 15, 2020 6:54 pm wrote: My no individual trade TP of nothing and only aiming for global basket TP's only demos have been a wipe out so I will shut them down this weekend. I will start two fresh demos at the same time: one with my defaults and one with much more conservative settings. Timing is sooooo important when trading, so this will be trading like with like. We shall see which comes out ahead in the long run.

Yes. I have to edit post 2.

Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
Gertje
Trader

Moving Day

Post by Gertje »

c1borg » Sun May 24, 2020 10:10 am wrote:

What about the one in the User Manual?

Return to “Moving Day”