Trader

Wavegarrick's HGI Trading

Post by wallywonka »

Love your work Leon! :clap: :clap: :clap: :hi:
Wavegarrick
Trader

Post by Wavegarrick »

Thanks, Trader, Dagonian, and Wallywonka, your words mean a great deal to me.

I am looking ok today with 46 pip losses and 140 pips floating profit. I would like to see consistency as I go along.

I am considering adding weekly waddah settings.

Cheers
Leon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TomH

Post by TomH »

New guy here, working hard to grasp all of this as I am not technically savvy. I do want to take a minute to thank you for sharing this system, your generosity is very much appreciated.
barry
Trader

Post by barry »

I have been trading along with what Leon has been posting here, until the updates on June 27, and I haven't had any trades since then. I get the new UBD and USD screens looking the same as Leon's, but not the TDesk screen. When I apply the new TDesk v 6.81 - 27062020 template, I think I see the correct layout, for maybe half a second, then it reverts to a wrong layout. I have re-downloaded all indicators and templates, but I'm not making any progress. There are plenty of messages in the Experts and Journal tabs, but no errors. Are others getting it to work as it should? If anyone can help, I would be grateful, thanks for any help or ideas.
trader689
Trader

Post by trader689 »

barry I am using the updated settings and getting trades, my tdesk interface is remaining in the new layout as it should. for what it's worth

Odd that you have no clues in the experts tab, but sometimes there are lots of messages with this system so it would be possible to overlook an error message. Are you sure you have downloaded the two new indicators shared as well on the 26th of june?

trader
barry
Trader

Post by barry »

trader689 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:57 pm wrote:barry I am using the updated settings and getting trades, my tdesk interface is remaining in the new layout as it should. for what it's worth

Odd that you have no clues in the experts tab, but sometimes there are lots of messages with this system so it would be possible to overlook an error message. Are you sure you have downloaded the two new indicators shared as well on the 26th of june?

trader
Thanks trader, yes, new indicators are in place and visible on the UBD and USD screens, with expiry dates 2021.01.01. There are just no red triangle error messages at all. But thanks for the information that it worked for you, so I'm clearly doing something wrong, or more likely missing something, weird that it all worked until a week ago though.
trader689
Trader

Post by trader689 »

Do you maybe have an older version of hgi lib, or one of the tdesk mqh files that might have expired on 30 Jun?

trader
barry » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:24 am wrote:
trader689 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:57 pm wrote:barry I am using the updated settings and getting trades, my tdesk interface is remaining in the new layout as it should. for what it's worth

trader
Thanks trader, yes, new indicators are in place and visible on the UBD and USD screens, with expiry dates 2021.01.01. There are just no red triangle error messages at all. But thanks for the information that it worked for you, so I'm clearly doing something wrong, or more likely missing something, weird that it all worked until a week ago though.
Wavegarrick
Trader

Post by Wavegarrick »

TomH » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:26 pm wrote:New guy here, working hard to grasp all of this as I am not technically savvy. I do want to take a minute to thank you for sharing this system, your generosity is very much appreciated.
Hi Tom,
My pleasure and welcome. It is only a starting point for you. I find it best to put all the indicators used in TDesk on a chart, especially if you just had a signal. It will give a birds-eye view of what is happening in real-time. When you formulate that in your mind you will start finding a path that you can work on and a goal that will bring you closer to your end destination. There are lots of trial and error and you tweak as you go along. Nothing will come overnight and you need to find your trading style, scalper, short, medium to longterm trader.

I hope you can find your way forward.

@ Trader thanks for helping out once again and I hope Barry has found a solution.

Last week was a choppy week for trading and this much I will say, my system took small losses but I think going forward will improve.

Have a great week Guys,

Cheers
Leon
trader689
Trader

Post by trader689 »

You're welcome Leon, glad to help

I agree that we will see improvement going forward, we are in the summer months right now, conventionally not a time for strong trends (as well as a global economy that is spluttering back to life after a pandemic) - so I think that a trend following system that is during an unfavourable period quietly sitting to get back into the action, mitigating losses, is a good sign. My $0.02

trader
Wavegarrick » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:40 pm wrote:
TomH » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:26 pm wrote:New guy here, working hard to grasp all of this as I am not technically savvy. I do want to take a minute to thank you for sharing this system, your generosity is very much appreciated.
Hi Tom,
My pleasure and welcome. It is only a starting point for you. I find it best to put all the indicators used in TDesk on a chart, especially if you just had a signal. It will give a birds-eye view of what is happening in real-time. When you formulate that in your mind you will start finding a path that you can work on and a goal that will bring you closer to your end destination. There are lots of trial and error and you tweak as you go along. Nothing will come overnight and you need to find your trading style, scalper, short, medium to longterm trader.

I hope you can find your way forward.

@ Trader thanks for helping out once again and I hope Barry has found a solution.

Last week was a choppy week for trading and this much I will say, my system took small losses but I think going forward will improve.

Have a great week Guys,

Cheers
Leon
Wavegarrick
Trader

Post by Wavegarrick »

You're welcome Leon, glad to help

I agree that we will see improvement going forward, we are in the summer months right now, conventionally not a time for strong trends (as well as a global economy that is spluttering back to life after a pandemic) - so I think that a trend following system that is during an unfavourable period quietly sitting to get back into the action, mitigating losses, is a good sign. My $0.02

trader
I could not have expressed it better. :good:

Well said Trader.

Return to “Nanningbob's Holy Grail Indicator forum”