Adding Solar Winds Joy for trend confirmation - how to

SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Adding Solar Winds Joy for trend confirmation - how to

Post by SteveHopwood »

Mankingdom asked me to add Solar Winds Joy as an alternative to Super Slope for trend confirmation. Leon is using it as part of his system, so I figure it must have some value. The attached MACD member of the tribe has the relevant code. This page explains how to add it to other members should you wish to.

Load Moving Day Adapted's Gone Trendy With MACD into your editor. Never done this before? Go to viewtopic.php?p=516#p516 and download the, "How to edit a script code.zip" file, open it and follow the instructions. This will give you confidence in making your adaptations to other tribe member.

Do a search for this comment:
//Trend confirmation with Solar Winds Joy

Every time the comment is highlighted add a bookmark (ctrl + F2). The comment will be found 5 times and you will end up back where you started.

Line 259 + are the inputs you need to add to the version you are adapting. Copy it then load the version you want to edit into the editor. Scroll down to/search for this line of code:
extern string ssl="---- Trend confirmation with Super Slope ----";

Paste the code you just copied just above the Super Slope block.

Go back to the MACD version and press the F2 key. This will take you to line 6855. Lines 6856 to 6885 contain the function that reads the Solar Winds Joy indicator. Highlight the function and press your right mouse key and the select 'Copy'.

Go back to the tribe member you are adapting, and go to/do a search for:
void sendInitialPair(string symbol, int pairIndex)

Go up a couple of lines of blank space and paste the function you just copied from the MACD version.

Return to the MACD version and press F2 again. This will take you to line 6911. The line of code that follows the comment declares a variable to hold SWJ's confirmation of the trend.Copy this code. Go back to the member of the tribe that you are adapting and go to/search for:
void sendInitialPair(string symbol, int pairIndex)

Scroll down to/search for:
//Trend confirmation with SuperSlope

Paste the code you just copied from the MACD version underneath the SuperSlope code.

Return to the MACD version and press F2 again. This will take you to line 6925. Copy the block of code that follows. Go back to the version you are adapting and scroll down to/search for:
if (UseSuperSlope)

Paste the block you just copied from the MACD version.

Repeat this process one more time so that SWJ is included in your adapted version's sell trade decision.

Every step of the way, press the F7 key to recompile your adapted code. Start again if you have gone wrong and errors appear - they will be obvious.

If all else fails, re-download everything and start again.

I also attach the indi as this version of the EA needs it in your Indicators folder.

Good luck.

:xm: :rocket:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.

Return to “Trendy Moving Day Adapted”