TradeChart

Thingies such as TradeReport and TradeChart
renexxxx
Trader

TradeChart

Post by renexxxx »

tomele » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:29 pm wrote: As this puts unnecessary load on the trade servers, Nicholas from GP asked me to inform the coder of TradeChart that his program is doing something he might not be aware of. Which I have done hereby.
Noted.

Over the years I have had many complaints about TradeChart (and also TradeReport), but never something like this. I have never experienced this "bug" myself and I have not been able to reproduce it. So, it is a bit hard to diagnose, let alone fix it.

So, apparently, TradeChart is overloading the trade server with "messages". Looking at the code, the only thing I can see that TradeChart is bothering the trade server with is with the message that says "Enable all Trade History". Some people only want to see just the last day or the last week of trade activity in their "Account History"-tab, but for TradeChart to work well, it needs to have access to the entire history since the beginning of the account. In TradeChart3 and TradeChart4 this message was sent to the trade server every 30 seconds. It is still beyond me that the poor trade server can not handle this but alas.

Anyway, in the new version, this message is only sent once, in OnInit(). So, if someone goes crazy with flipping through timeframes or changing parameters, it could still upset the trade server. However, it should not if you leave the indicator alone.

Also, the new version is making good on my earlier promise to merge TradeReport and TradeChart.

I attach a test version of the new code here ... it is called TestTradeReport, to be renamed to TradeReport when testing is complete. If someone can think of a better name (given that it also contains the TradeChart functionality), please shout.

For now, I will only attach the .ex4 file. But once I've cleaned up the code and the new version has proven to be working well, I will also attach the source code, so that someone can change two lines and sell it on eBay for $99. You're welcome.

PS: In order to see the TradeChart-like metrics (what used to be under the "Info" button), set the ShowExtendedStats parameter to true
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
barry
Trader

TradeChart

Post by barry »

Thanks for doing that Rene.
A new name - maybe something like TradeMetrics?
heart1010
Trader

TradeChart

Post by heart1010 »

Thanks Rene - first tests with the new/combined indicator doing ok so far here
c1borg
Trader

TradeChart

Post by c1borg »

Absolutely love it :yahoo:
Tebis
Trader

TradeChart

Post by Tebis »

Hi Rene, thanks a lot for the update. :good:
biobier
Trader

TradeChart

Post by biobier »

I like the new version, good job. :good:
On one of my accounts I get an error (default settings):
2021.01.05 07:02:52.366 TradeReport XAUUSD-ECN,H1: zero divide in 'TestTradeReport.mq4' (2250,176)
Must-reads for FOREX NOOBS as me:
Help for Newbies.
Information For Beginners
renexxxx
Trader

TradeChart

Post by renexxxx »

biobier » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:12 pm wrote:On one of my accounts I get an error (default settings):
2021.01.05 07:02:52.366 TradeReport XAUUSD-ECN,H1: zero divide in 'TestTradeReport.mq4' (2250,176)
Thanks for the feedback. Can you check if the attached version (below) solves the mentioned zero divide?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
biobier
Trader

TradeChart

Post by biobier »

renexxxx » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:29 pm wrote: Thanks for the feedback. Can you check if the attached version (below) solves the mentioned zero divide?
Yes, it does! Thanks.
Must-reads for FOREX NOOBS as me:
Help for Newbies.
Information For Beginners
jptwardy
Trader

TradeChart

Post by jptwardy »

Hi Rene - just tried the new testradereport indi - just great! Just one comment,question. I noticed when changing the graph line colors the color key on the screen does not change - is it supposed to? Since I can't see blue or green the color key is unreadable. I changed the graph lines so I can see them fine. Thanks
renexxxx
Trader

TradeChart

Post by renexxxx »

jptwardy » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:55 am wrote:I noticed when changing the graph line colors the color key on the screen does not change - is it supposed to?
Hi jpt,

I've made a little change to the code such that the colors of the Equity/Balance labels are the same as those of the Equity/Balance lines. However, you now have to configure those colors using the input parameters, eg:
2021-01-08_133256.png
and no longer with the color selection from the color-tab:
2021-01-08_133712.png
Let me know if this floats your boat.

Return to “Data analysis tools”