Hopelessly confused by TDesk or Desky? Ask here.

mite

Post by mite »

Hi all,

Please what should I do? my Tdesk doesn't put out signals. it's meant to send signals to Desky when it reaches 100 but it doesn't . see screenshot attached. is there a setting I've missed please?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wavegarrick
Trader

Post by Wavegarrick »

mite » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:49 am wrote:Hi all,

Please what should I do? my Tdesk doesn't put out signals. it's meant to send signals to Desky when it reaches 100 but it doesn't . see screenshot attached. is there a setting I've missed please?
Hi Mite,
Check your "max signal age minutes" in the super signal and solo signal inputs field. When the first signal is given your arrow will be highlighted and TDesk will tell Desky to open a trade. If your max signal age is set to for example 20 minutes the arrow won't be highlighted if the arrows line up again in the direction of the original signal and 20 minutes have elapsed. A highlighted arrow will only be given if your signals reverse in the opposite direction.
You have to play with your minutes and increase them if you want all those signals to be highlighted to go through to Desky.

You have not given many details so I am only guessing that this could be the problem.

Cheers.
tomele
Administrator

Post by tomele »

Hi guys.

The signal highlighting is a mere visual feature and has nothing to do with the signal broadcasting. Every signal in the Super Signal column will be sent to Desky, no matter if highlighted or not. Unless you turn broadcasting completely off by setting BroadcastSuperSignals to false.
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate
Wavegarrick
Trader

Post by Wavegarrick »

tomele » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:15 pm wrote:Hi guys.

The signal highlighting is a mere visual feature and has nothing to do with the signal broadcasting. Every signal in the Super Signal column will be sent to Desky, no matter if highlighted or not. Unless you turn broadcasting completely off by setting BroadcastSuperSignals to false.
Ah thanks, Thomas.
My broadcast signals are set to false and that is why I have seen it like that. Don't know how it slipped me.
Cheers
Leon
mite

Post by mite »

My broadcast signal is set to True and even when I play with "max age signals " , still no change. I noticed this error on my expert tab. can this be the cause?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tomele
Administrator

Post by tomele »

No. You better check your Desky settings.

(Mark Twain)

freakyg415
Trader

Post by freakyg415 »

Big Pippin to all,

I use TDesk to monitor my trades and enter and exit manually based on what I see on the charts. However, I am having trouble understanding why TDesk is not giving the exit signal when the exit signal is given. It does for some trades but majority it does not.

-The highlighted trades in the photo are sell plays with the SuperSignal showing buy.
-The exit signal is the J2/D1. See photo of settings and the TDesk screenshot.
-The D1 is set as exit and veto.
-Many trades just give the signal to trade in the opposite direction instead of showing the exit signal on TDesk.

Is that by design? Is there a time limit for how long TDesk will show the exit signal then change to the direction of the play based on your indicators?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time and effort.

V/r
Osito 8-)
tomele
Administrator

Post by tomele »

There is no main (entry) signal. TDesk doesn't work only with Veto/Exit Signals. Apparently you haven't excluded the Veto/Exit Signals from the Solo/Multi Signals. So TDesk makes entries according to J1/M30 and J2/D1 and sees no need for a Veto or Exit as the signals of course agree with themselves...

Cheers

(Mark Twain)

freakyg415
Trader

Post by freakyg415 »

Thanks Thomas. I can't put either in the Exclude list because I need them both to agree for a valid signal. With obviously the Daily being weighed more heavily. Or maybe i can use The Daily twice in a separate UBD :idea: . Either way, I understand my logic was not logical lol. I'll try a second UBD and see if that adds more "weight" Thanks for your time.

V/r
Osito 8-)
johanzon

Post by johanzon »

Hello guys, first of all, thank you tomele for this masterpiece. :hi:

So i was gonna start running my TDesk setup live the other day. And i ran into some issues.

The SuperSlope drone signals only work on a few pairs, the others are just a flat signal. And this only happens when i log into my live account, demo account it works just fine and gives the signals as it should.

EDIT: This problem only occurs on my vps, it works live when i set it up on my comp.
Has anyone else ran into this issue? is it something obvoius that im missing?

Return to “TDesk: A Thomas Special. The greatest trading tool ever.”