Sharky

r1ch4rd
Trader

Sharky

Post by r1ch4rd »

SERIOUS WARNING
  • Most Forex traders lose all their money.
  • Using the robot posted here in trading Forex does not guarantee success.
  • Trading this robot could lead to serious financial loss.
  • Trading this robot without understanding its underlying trading strategies guarantees traders will lose their money.
  • This is not a set-and-forget ea; there is no such thing and anyone who tries to claim there is, is either stupid or lying. This ea requires frequent manual intervention.
  • At best, a trading robot is only 90% as good as the manual strategy it trades. At best. At worst, it can be much less effective. If the strategy is rubbish, so is the robot.
  • To trade this robot, you have to understand:
    • How to use EA's.
MAKE SURE YOU READ THIS POST http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 41#p111241 There was a Forex bloodbath on Jan 15th 2015 that you need to know about.

--------------------------
NOTE BY STEVE: I started this thread and then reassigned it to Richard. He is the ideas guy; I am merely the mechanic. Richard (r1ch4rd) wrote to me a few weeks ago asking me to code a stand alone EA for the trading method he posted in the TDesk setups exchange because he wanted extra features not present in Desky.

What I did instead was add these features to Desky. I then saved Desky as Sharky for attachment here in case we end up adding features that would not help users of Desky. For the time being, Desky and Sharky are the same thingies. Download Desky's user guide at viewtopic.php?p=164249#p164249 if you need Sharky inputs explaining.

The extra features the Richard wanted were:
  • ATR take profit applied to individual basket trades.
  • All orders in the grid to have the same stop loss.
I misunderstood initially and thought that he wanted ATR applying to individual trades and basing their take profit on whether the pair fell into high, medium or low values. Details of this are in the Trade Exits section of the user guide.
--------------------------

The trade setup is a number of ducks lining up to quack in unison:
  • Super Slope:
    • H1.
    • H4.
    • D1.
  • H1 Peaky.
  • HGI:
    • M5.
    • H4.
    • D1.
The trade trigger is a cross of the 34 LWMA by the 1 SMA on the M5, in the appropriate direction.

Sharky sends an immediate market trade following the cross the a grid of two more limit orders, at a distance apart governed by ATR.

Each symbol is a member of its individual basket; the basket TP is calculated from the H4 ATR - details in the, "Richard's Dynamic Basket ATR Take Profit" in the basket trading inputs section of the user guide.

Most of what you need is in the Sharky.zip file. Stuff not included and that you need to download separately are: Richard has done all the work for us. Download it, put the indicators in your Indicators folder, the templates in your templates folder and the presets in your Preset folder. Close down and restart your platform, open up two XAUUSD charts and apply TDesk Sharky.tpl to one and Desky Sharky.tpl to the other. The Default.tpl is for when you want to view an individual chart.

I have kept the Sharky EA separate from the zip file so we do not have to redownload the zip every time we make changes to the bot.

The templates set everything up for you. All you have to consider is Sharky's lot size.

Edit on June 13th, 2021: Richard has come to some firm conclusions and has posted fresh templates etc. Find the post at viewtopic.php?p=172711#p172711

:xm: :rocket:

Over to Richard now.

FROM RICHARD: My first order of business is to publicly thank Steve for the stellar work he has done to create Sharky (Which is in essence Desky with a couple of additions).

All of the trigger signals this set uses (and my past ones) are inspired from other sets in the TDesk Setup Exchange with tweaks, therefore thanks must also be given to Thomas, Leon, Taipan and many more members who over the years have shared knowledge.

It has been a frustrating week with the set shared below, it made great gains for several weeks until this week where it was all given back. But I will keep running this set for the time being. I have just set up another test account which I will share if it shows promise.

I will continue to use the M5 1SMA cross of the 34LWMA with various other triggers to keep within my aim to get quick profits and low draw down. This I hope will enable me to grow small accounts into substantial ones.

TDesk set is here. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6037&p=172747#p172747
Sharky's KISS (Released Dec21) viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6037&start=100#p173511
-
Sharky 125% SL.set
Sharky Fill the Gap, no SL.set
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by r1ch4rd on Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Sharky

Post by SteveHopwood »

Reserved in case we need it.
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
Franck

Sharky

Post by Franck »

Hi Richard and Steve,

Thank you both for sharing this great setup! I am testing your various setups from "Tdesk Setup Exchange" for a couple of weeks and have solid results.

However, from what I remember from your previous setups, all conditions are to be met to create a super signal (MA1 cross over as the trigger). In the posted set file, however, the entry/exit threshold is 85/85. Is that a change in your approach or am I missing something?

Thank you and with kind regards,
Franck
r1ch4rd
Trader

Sharky

Post by r1ch4rd »

Franck » Sun May 02, 2021 12:36 pm wrote:Hi Richard and Steve,

Thank you both for sharing this great setup! I am testing your various setups from "Tdesk Setup Exchange" for a couple of weeks and have solid results.

However, from what I remember from your previous setups, all conditions are to be met to create a super signal (MA1 cross over as the trigger). In the posted set file, however, the entry/exit threshold is 85/85. Is that a change in your approach or am I missing something?

Thank you and with kind regards,
Franck
Hi Franck

Yes it is slightly different than the other sets. I lowered the threshold, but added Veto signals to the ones that had to be showing our direction (H1 Peaky, D1 & H4 HGI).
Please feel free to play around with signals & conditions, stops or TP's and share here.

Regards
Richard
opita
Trader

Sharky

Post by opita »

Hey r1ch4rd,

We still have to use the SL script correct?

I was also wondering the News blocking that long is intentional?

Very interesting testing this out so far.

Cheers,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheer,

:youknow:

----
Opita
r1ch4rd
Trader

Sharky

Post by r1ch4rd »

Hi Opita.

One of Steve's tweaks was to have all the stops placed at the original market trade stop, or "equalizer". So no, we don't have to use the script any more.
Stop Equalizer.png
My news is blocked 4Hrs before the event. I thought it was a reasonable buffer for potential volatility, but feel free to change and give feedback on your findings.

This is all very much work in progress.
I had a few basket stop outs last week leading me to second guess the basket stop and continue with fill the gap option (Another of Steve's tweaks. As it now fills the gaps as well as having the limit orders, which it didn't do in the past).

Regards
Richard

opita » Tue May 04, 2021 5:31 am wrote:Hey r1ch4rd,

We still have to use the SL script correct?

I was also wondering the News blocking that long is intentional?

Very interesting testing this out so far.

Cheers,
opita
Trader

Sharky

Post by opita »

Here is an update with the Equalizer stops. Not currently in the zip.
Cheer,

----
Opita
r1ch4rd
Trader

Sharky

Post by r1ch4rd »

Apologies,

I sent the Zip file to Steve several days before the updated version of Sharky, hence the lack of the correct preset. I have put both versions that I use (FillGap & 125% SL) onto the first post.

Richard
opita
Trader

Sharky

Post by opita »

r1ch4rd » Tue May 04, 2021 9:44 am wrote:Apologies,

I sent the Zip file to Steve several days before the updated version of Sharky, hence the lack of the correct preset. I have put both versions that I use (FillGap & 125% SL) onto the first post.

Richard

I noticed your Fill the Gap set file has a $90 cash TP, can you help to turn this into a percentage so that we can use different Balances.
Cheer,

----
Opita
r1ch4rd
Trader

Sharky

Post by r1ch4rd »

opita » Wed May 05, 2021 12:08 am wrote:
I noticed your Fill the Gap set file has a $90 cash TP, can you help to turn this into a percentage so that we can use different Balances.
There is already a BasketCashPercentage Target input in the TreatAllPairsAsBasket column (2 inputs below pip value).
Surely you are able to do this yourself? :shock:

Return to “Automated trading systems”